• Welcome to The Valparaiso Beacons Fan Zone Forum.

Predict December's W/L Record (Member Poll)

Started by wh, November 27, 2019, 01:52:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

What will the Crusaders' December record be?

6-0
0 (0%)
5-1
5 (16.1%)
4-2
15 (48.4%)
3-3
10 (32.3%)
Losing record
1 (3.2%)

Total Members Voted: 31

Voting closed: December 03, 2019, 01:52:35 PM

wh

December's schedule is, as follows:

DEC 3    TUE   at Eastern Michigan
DEC 8    SUN  Central Michigan
DEC 16  MON  at Charlotte
DEC 18  WED  at High Point
DEC 21  SAT   at Arkansas
DEC 30  MON  Loyola

wh

I predicted 4-2, with losses at Charlotte and Arkansas.

FieldGoodie05

Quote from: wh on November 27, 2019, 01:52:35 PM

DEC 30  MON  Loyola

3-3

Loses @Charlotte, @ Arkansas and vsLoyola
**Note:  Loyola appears to really be struggling, but if they can shoot the 3 and take advantage of Krutwig against our front court we will have problems.**

vu84v2

Was leaning towards 5-1, since any and all of these games can be won, but went with 4-2. My guess is that Arkansas is a loss and that Valpo loses one more between Charlotte and the Michigans. I think Valpo beats Loyola at home.

EddieCabot

Very hard to predict without knowing anything about the Fazekas injury.  I voted 3-3 under the assumption that he won't be back in December.  Could be better, and hope it is, but that's my guess based on what I know.

govalpogo

My heart says go for 5-1, I voted 4-2.  Many winnable games, but no real cupcakes minus, perhaps HPU (We lost last year, so I hesitate to give them that designation).  Figuring on at least one let down, hoping the confidence can grow and they can sting some wins together.  9-5 at the end of December would be acceptable without Zeke. 

VUfan

4-2 losses to Charlotte and Loyola. This team needs to improve the defense and share the scorning.

bbtds

Quote from: FieldGoodie05 on November 27, 2019, 02:43:45 PM

DEC 30  MON  Loyola

3-3

**Note:  Loyola appears to really be struggling, but if they can shoot the 3 and take advantage of Krutwig against our front court we will have problems.**

I will say 3-3 also but figure we might beat Loyola but then we'll be upset by either Emus or Chips. If I had to pick a Michigan team to be beaten by it would be the Liberty Mutual Insurance mascots. Beaten by a Chip? How re-volt-ing! It's like losing to a computer game.
Those loses against Charlotte & Arkansas won't be as loose as the possible ones to Loyola and Ypsilanti pep boys. One of those will really smart.

covufan

valpotx

5-1, losing to Arkansas.  EMU's record is very misleading, so I don't expect a loss versus the MI teams.
"Don't mess with Texas"

bbtds

Quote from: govalpogo on November 27, 2019, 06:35:31 PMand they can sting some wins together.

Wouldn't that be..............................

justducky

4 of the 6 are road games! Very little chance of seeing Fazekas in uniform. Additional injuries or illnesses could happen. 3-3 is about the best I can figure with 4-2 as a real long shot.

VALPO LI

I am going to go out on a limb here...
E. Mich should be a W their November Schedule was not very competitive.
C. Mich hoping a fairly large home crowd for Homer Drew will inspire the brown and gold to ring the victory bell.
1 loss down South, South/East.
Take a W at home against the Scarfnecks from Gryffindor
5-1 in December
Shine on Vu

Just Sayin

2-4
Losses:
E. Mich (in OT)
Charlotte
Arkansas
Loyola (Buzzer shot win)

Wins:
Central Mich (Only if we play good defense)
High Point (Blowout win)

bbtds

Quote from: justducky on November 29, 2019, 06:26:49 PM
4 of the 6 are road games! Very little chance of seeing Fazekas in uniform. Additional injuries or illnesses could happen. 3-3 is about the best I can figure with 4-2 as a real long shot.

Don't even tease yourself about Fazekas coming back in December. It ain't gonna happen. Once he does come back it will take 2 to 3 games for him to get injured again and be out the rest of the season.

wh

Quote from: bbtds on December 03, 2019, 12:12:52 PM

Don't even tease yourself about Fazekas coming back in December. It ain't gonna happen. Once he does come back it will take 2 to 3 games for him to get injured again and be out the rest of the season.

Maybe, maybe not. I think he could at risk of re-injuring the same joint, tendon, or bone (whichever the case) because it's now in a weakened state. I don't believe that certain highly conditioned athletes have a higher genetic predisposition to injuries in general than other similarly highly conditioned athletes. Call him a victim of bad luck, wrong place at the wrong time, or whatever, but don't label him "accident prone." 

bbtds

Quote from: wh on December 03, 2019, 01:30:36 PM

Maybe, maybe not. I think he could at risk of re-injuring the same joint, tendon, or bone (whichever the case) because it's now in a weakened state. I don't believe that certain highly conditioned athletes have a higher genetic predisposition to injuries in general than other similarly highly conditioned athletes. Call him a victim of bad luck, wrong place at the wrong time, or whatever, but don't label him "accident prone." 

Whatever you call it Ryan, a great shooter and impressive person, has not completed a full year in his college career without being injured for at least a portion of each year of his active (non-red shirt) seasons.

FieldGoodie05

Quote from: bbtds on December 03, 2019, 03:10:23 PM

Whatever you call it Ryan, a great shooter and impressive person, has not completed a full year in his college career without being injured for at least a portion of each year of his active (non-red shirt) seasons.

These next 5 games will help us determine if we have any consistent scoring after Javon and Robinson for MVC play.  The difference between 10th place and 5th place in the MVC starts with tonight on developing that 3rd and 4th scorer on this roster.  I don't think we get out of the Thursday Arch Madness games without some sequence of the following developing this month:

Freeman-Liberty (Now 22 ppg and 6.3 rpg, Needs 18 ppg and 6 rpg and 2 to 1 ATO) Steals are just going to happen!!
Robinson (Now 9.8 ppg, Needs 13 ppg)
McMillan (Now 9.0 ppg, Needs 11 ppg and 25 mpg minimum)
Sackey (Now 8.6 ppg, Needs 9 ppg with FG 42% 3-pt 34% and 2.5 to 1 ATO)
Kiser (Now 7.3 ppg, Needs 8 ppg with 6 rpg)
Clay + Krikke (Now 10.1 ppg 5.5 rpg, Needs 13 ppg and 7.5 rpg)

wh

Quote from: FieldGoodie05 on December 03, 2019, 05:23:11 PM
Quote from: bbtds on December 03, 2019, 03:10:23 PM

These next 5 games will help us determine if we have any consistent scoring after Javon and Robinson for MVC play.  The difference between 10th place and 5th place in the MVC starts with tonight on developing that 3rd and 4th scorer on this roster.  I don't think we get out of the Thursday Arch Madness games without some sequence of the following developing this month:

Freeman-Liberty (Now 22 ppg and 6.3 rpg, Needs 18 ppg and 6 rpg and 2 to 1 ATO) Steals are just going to happen!!
Robinson (Now 9.8 ppg, Needs 13 ppg)
McMillan (Now 9.0 ppg, Needs 11 ppg and 25 mpg minimum)
Sackey (Now 8.6 ppg, Needs 9 ppg with FG 42% 3-pt 34% and 2.5 to 1 ATO)
Kiser (Now 7.3 ppg, Needs 8 ppg with 6 rpg)
Clay + Krikke (Now 10.1 ppg 5.5 rpg, Needs 13 ppg and 7.5 rpg)

Additionally, Daniel, Nick and Mileek need to perform more consistently from game to game, as in Daniel shooting 3-7 in a 4-pt. win over GCU followed by 1-12 in 4-pt. Loss to Cincinnati. Or Mileek turning the ball over 5 times and committing 4 fouls in only 15 minutes of playing time against Cincinnati.

bbtds

Quote from: bbtds on November 28, 2019, 06:38:18 AM
Quote from: FieldGoodie05 on November 27, 2019, 02:43:45 PM

DEC 30  MON  Loyola

3-3

I will say 3-3 also but figure we might beat Loyola but then we'll be upset by either Emus or Chips. If I had to pick a Michigan team to be beaten by it would be the Liberty Mutual Insurance mascots. Beaten by a Chip? How re-volt-ing! It's like losing to a computer game.
Those loses against Charlotte & Arkansas won't be as loose as the possible ones to Loyola and Ypsilanti pep boys. One of those will really smart.

Ypsilanti pep boys rev their engines while we can't get our sparkplugs to turnover enough. Wow. Did I absolutely hate to be correct in this game. Now we must beat Loyola R(G)amblers.

truth219

hope we win sunday or we could be looking 1-5 or worse in the eyes

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

justducky

Gordon and Morgan played little and contributed less. They need to get cooking if we have hopes for a top half Valley finish.

We really struggled early against that zone. Until Fazekas returns that struggle might continue.

VALPO LI

Quote from: VALPO LI on December 01, 2019, 06:50:43 PM
I am going to go out on a limb here...
E. Mich should be a W their November Schedule was not very competitive.

C. Mich hoping a fairly large home crowd for Homer Drew will inspire the brown and gold to ring the victory bell.
1 loss down South, South/East.
Take a W at home against the Scarfnecks from Gryffindor
5-1 in December

Prognosticator of the Month I am not this December but I am still optimistic for some W's down the stretch.  I hope we put this loss behind us and respond well against Central Michigan.
Shine on Vu

EddieCabot

Quote from: Just Sayin on December 03, 2019, 09:14:00 AM
2-4
Losses:
E. Mich (in OT)
Charlotte
Arkansas
Loyola (Buzzer shot win)

Wins:
Central Mich (Only if we play good defense)
High Point (Blowout win)

Take a bow.  Not only did you get the record right, but nailed it game by game.  Not the record we wanted, but clearly you saw something with this team that the rest of us overlooked.