• Welcome to The Valparaiso Beacons Fan Zone Forum.

Valpo at UNI game thread, Wed., Jan. 15, 2020, 7:00p CT

Started by wh, January 15, 2020, 06:05:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wh

Well, we're playing the top team in the conference at their place, and we're 11 point dogs, so winning this game is a tall order. Here's to hoping we bring our A-game; we're going to need it.

NativeCheesehead

I know we said no more moral victories, but am I the only one who wouldn't be upset if we play them tight and cover the spread?

Just Sayin

They can be beat if the stars are perfectly aligned.
Illinois St. beat them.
That's why they suit 'em up.

vu72

We lost in OT to Cincinnati.  I"m guessing UNI isn't better than Cincy.  Of course we can win.
Season Results: CBI/CIT: 2008, 2011, 2014  NIT: 2003,2012, 2016(Championship Game) 2017   NCAA: 1962,1966,1967,1969,1973,1996,1997,1998 (Sweet Sixteen),1999, 2000, 2002, 2004, 2013 and 2015

Just Sayin

When Valpo has the ball:

Valpo Offense      N. Iowa Defense       Winner

Adj. Efficiency                      100.4(178)             97.3(106)              N. Iowa

3Pt%                                    33.9(126)             33.0(167)               Valpo

2Pt%                                    48.7(182)             46.1(87)                N. Iowa

FT%                                     69.9(188)

When N. Iowa Has the Ball

N. Iowa Offense    Valpo Defense        Winner

Adj. Efficiency                       110.9(29)             100.7(166)             N. Iowa

3Pt%                                     37.0(36)               35.1(261)             N. Iowa

2Pt%                                     53.7(41)               54.6(322)             N. Iowa

FT%                                      75.3(52)

Winner of FT%                                                                              N. Iowa                     

wh

Quote from: Just Sayin on January 15, 2020, 11:42:10 AM
When Valpo has the ball:

Valpo Offense      N. Iowa Defense       Winner

Adj. Efficiency                      100.4(178)             97.3(106)              N. Iowa

3Pt%                                    33.9(126)             33.0(167)               Valpo

2Pt%                                    48.7(182)             46.1(87)                N. Iowa

FT%                                     69.9(188)

When N. Iowa Has the Ball

N. Iowa Offense    Valpo Defense        Winner

Adj. Efficiency                       110.9(29)             100.7(166)             N. Iowa

3Pt%                                     37.0(36)               35.1(261)             N. Iowa

2Pt%                                     53.7(41)               54.6(322)             N. Iowa

FT%                                      75.3(52)

Winner of FT%                                                                              N. Iowa                     

Being an expert in analytical interpretation, this tells me that we need to jack up 3's all night (and hope they go in) and pray for some plumstreet luck that UNI has an off shooting night on the other end.  Simple.  ;)

SanityLost17

UNI just won by 20+ on the road against a talented but underachieving MSU squad.   

They are the best team in the conference and it is on the road.   I am not saying we can't upset them, just saying things would have to go really well for us to do so.  They are a complete and well balanced team and although I think we have handled the roster turnover from last year well, we are still an incomplete team, especially with Fazekas being out.   I just want to come away from this game saying, "Man, we played pretty well, we might have won that one if it had been a home game."

VUfan

This team responds to a Challenge!  Examples Central Michigan , Evansville and  Loyola   ;D

Just Sayin

Quote from: wh on January 15, 2020, 11:53:42 AM
Quote from: Just Sayin on January 15, 2020, 11:42:10 AMWhen Valpo has the ball: Valpo Offense      N. Iowa Defense       Winner Adj. Efficiency                      100.4(178)             97.3(106)              N. Iowa 3Pt%                                    33.9(126)             33.0(167)               Valpo 2Pt%                                    48.7(182)             46.1(87)                N. Iowa FT%                                     69.9(188) When N. Iowa Has the Ball N. Iowa Offense    Valpo Defense        Winner Adj. Efficiency                       110.9(29)             100.7(166)             N. Iowa 3Pt%                                     37.0(36)               35.1(261)             N. Iowa 2Pt%                                     53.7(41)               54.6(322)             N. Iowa FT%                                      75.3(52) Winner of FT%                                                                              N. Iowa
Being an expert in analytical interpretation, this tells me that we need to jack up 3's all night (and hope they go in) and pray for some plumstreet luck that UNI has an off shooting night on the other end.  Simple.  ;)

Or suit up Bryce, Lubos, Alec, and Rowdy.

wh

Quote from: VUfan on January 15, 2020, 02:22:47 PM
This team responds to a Challenge!  Examples Central Michigan , Evansville and  Loyola   ;D

I've seen enough to know that some of our players will be up to the challenge, some might be, and some probably won't be.

•Almost guaranteed to play well: Javon, Donovan
•Might or might not: Eron, John, Nick
•Likely won't play well: Daniel, Mileek, Ben, Zion

In order to win tonight, all 3 in the middle group have to play well. If anyone in the bottom group steps up, so much the better, but don't count on it. BTW if we get a healthy Ryan back, the whole dynamic changes because we would then have 3 guys instead of 2 that will almost always count on to lead the team.

valpotx

"Don't mess with Texas"

Just Sayin

It would be way too easy to predict that things are going to get ugly for Valpo
So I won't say it.

VUGrad1314

Quote from: vu72 on January 15, 2020, 08:39:12 AMWe lost in OT to Cincinnati.  I"m guessing UNI isn't better than Cincy.  Of course we can win.

I disagree. UNI beat Colorado in Boulder which beat Dayton and Oregon and absolutely controlled the overwhelming majority of the game against West Virginia one of the best teams in the country before coming up short in the end. Cincinnati was pushed to the limit by the same Illinois State team that beat UNI and also Belmont. I don't hold the ISUr loss against UNI everybody trips every once in awhile especially in conference but ISUr has shown what they will become. They're a frustrating up and down team, but they should be pretty good in time. To beat UNI, we'll have to rely on that and be perfect to win, but I have very little doubt that UNI would beat Cincinnati this year if they had met 7 times out of 10.

VUSWIM08-12

FWalum

What the heck. All we are getting is "EVENT ABOUT TO START". This sucks.
My current favorite podcast: The Glenn Loury Show https://bloggingheads.tv/programs/glenn-show

valpo84

I know Iowa is 5 years behind but when does the stream start?  I hate this new ESPN.  Can't wait til season is over to cancel.  There should be a refund for the multiple times it doesn't work or glitches and restarts.
"Christmas is for presents, March is for Championships." Denny Crum

VUBBFan

First time I've had trouble with the stream for Valpo this year. I can get other games, just not Valpo. Than God for Todd on WVUR

VALPO LI

You know something is wrong when 10 members, 3 hidden and 16 guests are on a message board when a the game is playing.....this is frustrating!
Atleast we can listen like the good ole days....

https://tunein.com/radio/WVUR-FM-951-s23659/
Shine on Vu

bbtds

Quote from: valpo84 on January 15, 2020, 07:15:36 PM
I know Iowa is 5 years behind but when does the stream start?  I hate this new ESPN.  Can't wait til season is over to cancel.  There should be a refund for the multiple times it doesn't work or glitches and restarts.

Oh, hey, yeah. We should get a refund for this. It's not like before when the broadcast was free.

bbtds

Keeping it tied at 19. Let's hope it stays close and we have a chance at the end.You never know!

Did he really say that Sackey hit a three? I hope he stops shooting threes now.

EDIT: Okay, Sackey can shoot more threes but this game only. :-)

govalpogo

If we could hit a few threes, then watch out!  Would like to see it though. 

valpotx

"Don't mess with Texas"

valpotx

That's it, no more video!  Sackey makes 2 in a row!
"Don't mess with Texas"