• Welcome to The Valparaiso Beacons Fan Zone Forum.

Valpo at Loyola Game Thread, Sun., Feb. 9, 2020, 3:00p CT, ESPNU

Started by wh, February 08, 2020, 12:19:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wh

VUGrad1314

Super tall order. We need this game (probably the next two) to have a good shot at getting into the top 6. I just don't see us beating Loyola on the road. Hope I'm wrong.

valpotx

"Don't mess with Texas"

M

Loyola just got spanked...I hope they're still numb so the spanking Valpo is going to deliver won't hurt as much. Valpo wins 78-61!

NativeCheesehead

This has the feel of a blowout.

Valpo 54
Loyola 79

Krutwig  21 pts.  15 Rbs. 5 assists.

Valpo 4-27 from 3.

VUGrad1314

I really hate that those of you who are predicting a double digit loss are probably far closer to right than wrong. Krutwig is going to eat inside and open up a lot for their shooters. They have a huge advantage. We're going to have to be perfect to steal a win.

valpolaw

GoldenCrusader87

This game is winnable. Just depends on how we show up and what adjustments are made along the way. If we dig ourselves into another big hole - especially since it's supposed to be a sell out crowd - watch out.

If we keep it competitive, make adjustments out of time outs and after half, and get a good game out of Clay, Freeman, a big (idc who), Mileek stays out of foul trouble and works Krutwig in the paint to draw some fouls, and Ryan hits his shots - we can steal this one.

What concerns me is what I saw against UNI. Not the loss. But some of the body language and contention between players.  Also the lack of resolve by the coaching staff. Gotta be willing to call time outs and have a plan of attack when coming out of them.

nkvu

I'm not terribly hopeful for this game. If we have our usual agonizingly slow start and go like 1 for 12 from three in the first half, I see us losing by 15 to 20. If somehow we go 4 for 12 from three and keep our turnovers to 5-6 while turning them over 8-9 in the first half, then I think we have a shot. But our usual course if we did have a good first half would be to stink it up the first 10 minutes of the second half, so even then I'm not very hopeful. I am however prepared to be pleasantly surprised should we somehow manage to put together a complete game and pull off the upset. Come on team, SURPRISE ME!

VUGrad1314

With Indiana State Drake and Missouri State all taking losses tonight this game has taken on an added importance for us. The opportunity to move into 6th place is right there if we can grab it! Come on Valpo. If you're going to pull one of those surprising upsets now is the time! It's up to us to decide who we are and who we want to be. If we can get hot toward the end of this year we can build on that and have a very special year. If we sputter to the finish once again, that future is less secure.

tiny707

Just curious? Do they stay the night before in Chicago or drive up same day?

VALPO LI

Is there a bus (buses) leaving Valpo heading to Chicago this year for the students and fans?
I believe the University did this last year.  I still remember the thorn that Loyola left in my side from last year when they bussed their fans to Valpo.
Shine on Vu

NativeCheesehead

Last year there was a bus, alumni event and food and drinks before the game. It was really well done. I wasn't able to make it but a couple classmates said it was fantastic. Saw no mention of something similar this year but possible I missed it.

EddieCabot

Quote from: VALPO LI on February 09, 2020, 07:42:21 AM
Is there a bus (buses) leaving Valpo heading to Chicago this year for the students and fans?
I believe the University did this last year.  I still remember the thorn that Loyola left in my side from last year when they bussed their fans to Valpo.

Bus for students.

[tweet]1225808934092574720[/tweet]

NativeCheesehead

Doubt many students will end up going, but love that this is in place for if/when we build our following again.

talksalot

the line is at 8 (down from 9 early this morning)  o/u is 136.  most of the money is on the home team.  most of the money is on the under.

6 minutes to play... Aces and braves tied at 52.  so much for lines.

NativeCheesehead

Holy cow that new floor looks awful on TV. I understand what they're trying to do but uggg.

valpolaw

Krutwig reminds me of a guy who just came off the couch after crushing a pizza and some beer, but yet still comes out and dominates somehow

VUGrad1314

Quote from: talksalot on February 09, 2020, 02:55:07 PMthe line is at 8 (down from 9 early this morning)  o/u is 136.  most of the money is on the home team.  most of the money is on the under. 6 minutes to play... Aces and braves tied at 52.  so much for lines.

That Evansville is going to jump up and surprise somebody or a couple of teams. I really thought they were going to do it too. Would have opened up the PIG race big time. That said we still have a shot if we can get a win today. So far not bad. We're hanging in well. Go Valpo!

Pretty pass! Great cut by Ben!

crusadermoe

Just Sayin

oklahomamick

First time in a long time that we are not down 10 minutes in.  Good job guys. 
CRUSADERS!!!

VUGrad1314

I really like our offense when it works it's really great to watch. I just hope we don't fall in love with the three.

oklahomamick

CRUSADERS!!!