• Welcome to The Valparaiso Beacons Fan Zone Forum.

Valpo Memes

Started by LaPorteAveApostle, November 06, 2012, 08:07:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

historyman

Quote from: Valpo89 on March 24, 2013, 11:07:08 AMBy the way, Brad is a pretty good coach when he has a shooter like Rotnei Clark or Gordon Hayward on the roster. How did it work out last year?

Somehow you feel that anything Butler throws up in the crucial situations of an important game will go in. But when both Rotnei Clarke and Andrew Smith had opportunties, that I couldn't believe Marquette handed to a team like Butler who is known for making last second shots for wins, to win or tie the game, threw up the worst shots imaginable and lost the game, I couldn't believe it. I was stunned when Clarke air balled his trey and then Smith ackwardly stumbled and threw up a terrible shot. I was simply stunned that the "unmentionable team" (you guys brought them up first)  ;D could play so poorly at the end of a game. Okay, Clarke looked really hot making those threes toward the end of the game. But when he air balled that three he looked awfully cold and it seemed Rotnei really choked. Smith, on the other hand has choked before in those situations.
"We must stand aside from the world's conspiracy of fear and hate and grasp once more the great monosyllables of life: faith, hope, and love. Men must live by these if they live at all under the crushing weight of history." Otto Paul "John" Kretzmann

KL31NY

Yes I am. Back to topic...

"Confidence is huge: believing you're better than the other guy gives you an advantage."
–Jason Kendall, Throwback, pp. 176

bbtds

Stevens: Aoooowwwwwww! If only I had removed my fingers before slamming that clipboard against the scorer's table! I still can't believe Rotnei air balled that shot!

LaPorteAveApostle

"It is so easy to be proud, harsh, moody and selfish, but we have been created for greater things; why stoop down to things that will spoil the beauty of our hearts?" Bl. Mother Teresa

LaPorteAveApostle

maybe it will fit better here.

"It is so easy to be proud, harsh, moody and selfish, but we have been created for greater things; why stoop down to things that will spoil the beauty of our hearts?" Bl. Mother Teresa

LaPorteAveApostle

LaPorteAveApostle

in midseason form already.

MattCarter

As a barber, had to give our man #no3sbobby props for that Mad Men style part! 
The two greatest things on earth?  Short hair cuts and Valpo Victories!

LaPorteAveApostle

Well, I have to revive this thread, but I'm really upset that a lot of our past images are just plain gone!  I'll have to try a different site :/

LaPorteAveApostle

Chairback

We complain about fans not showing up and then we rip the ones who are there. What a guy!

wh

For those who may not know, Bobby's parents are in the lower R-H corner of the picture. His Dad is laughing and his mom to his dad 's right clapping.

HC

Right? They stood up for the first 2.5 minutes of the game waiting for the home team to score.

LaPorteAveApostle

Quote from: Chairback on January 20, 2014, 03:28:06 PMWe complain about fans not showing up
Gee, I couldn't have predicted *you* wouldn't like that one. 

wh

Quote from: LaPorteAveApostle on January 20, 2014, 05:06:58 PM
Quote from: Chairback on January 20, 2014, 03:28:06 PMWe complain about fans not showing up
Gee, I couldn't have predicted *you* wouldn't like that one. 

Speaking of the fans, Saturday was Season Ticket Holder Appreciation Day.  Season ticket holders received a special cupcake from Designer Desserts before the game.  They were in a reception room where ML was waiting to introduce himself and thank us for our support. I don't recall anything like it in the past.  It was very nice. 

By the way, the cupcakes were more like small cakes than cupcakes.  I had a double chocolate something or other.  It was scrumptious.  :thumbsup:   

LaPorteAveApostle

LaPorteAveApostle

been waiting all year for a chance to use this one.

HC

Totally worth the wait

agibson

Quote from: HC on February 09, 2014, 09:07:31 PM
Totally worth the wait

I'm not doing well this morning... Sort of grasping around at Canadian musicians. Maybe it'll come to me later.

agibson

Quote from: wh on January 20, 2014, 03:32:23 PM
For those who may not know, Bobby's parents are in the lower R-H corner of the picture. His Dad is laughing and his mom to his dad 's right clapping.

They're the ones who sometimes are both wearing his number?

valpopal

Quote from: agibson on February 10, 2014, 11:43:05 AM
Quote from: wh on January 20, 2014, 03:32:23 PM

They're the ones who sometimes are both wearing his number?

Here is Bobby's mom showing her own athletic skill by catching an errant pass in Friday night's game. His dad is next to her in the yellow jersey looking to see if I got the picture:

valpo64

Bobby's parents are very nice, interesting people.  His Mom played basketball at Vanderbilt and his Dad played football at Vandy.  Their daughter is a freshman at Valpo also.

LaPorteAveApostle

Not to be serious on our least serious thread, but this gets me thinking about transfers, and how it's so great that they found a better home, and yet sad that it wasn't that way from Day 1.  I mean, can you imagine having had Capo for four years?  LVD?  Or Gueye the whole time...

Like (on a much more serious level) adoption--it only happens because something has gone very wrong somewhere, but it's great that they have a permanent home; you only wish it had been that way since Day 1. :/

valpotx

Just imagine if this was Vashil's third year of ball for us, instead of his second...
"Don't mess with Texas"

vu72

Quote from: valpotx on February 10, 2014, 04:08:58 PM
Just imagine if this was Vashil's third year of ball for us, instead of his second...

Actually this is his third year.  He came to us as a freshman.
Season Results: CBI/CIT: 2008, 2011, 2014  NIT: 2003,2012, 2016(Championship Game) 2017   NCAA: 1962,1966,1967,1969,1973,1996,1997,1998 (Sweet Sixteen),1999, 2000, 2002, 2004, 2013 and 2015