• Welcome to The Valparaiso Beacons Fan Zone Forum.

Georgia Southern at Valpo - 11/9/12

Started by valpotx, November 08, 2012, 01:10:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

StlVUFan

Having just finished watching the South Dakota State-Alabama game with Nate Wolters practically willing his team to victory and Kara Lawson talking about all the NBA scouts and whether he could play at that level, I found myself wondering how Nate compares to Bryce when he was a senior in 98.  I just bought a ticket to the SLU game that includes dinner with Bryce the night before.  Should I ask him that question?

valpo64

hey StlVUfan:  We are also going to the St.L game but what's the deal with dinner with Coach the night before?  I just ordered seats from the St. L venue...were your tickets through VU?

wittynamehere

Again, I'm new here but is the idea to name a thread and then comment about as many different topics as possible? 
Perhaps a new thread could be created today and just title it 2012/2013 season/recruiting and then we could just keep it going until after our tourney run to the elite 8?

StlVUFan

Quote from: valpo64 on November 10, 2012, 08:05:38 PM
hey StlVUfan:  We are also going to the St.L game but what's the deal with dinner with Coach the night before?  I just ordered seats from the St. L venue...were your tickets through VU?
Through the St. Louis chapter of the VU Alumni.  One of the members is a coworker of mine.

SadersofthelostArc

Quote from: wittynamehere on November 10, 2012, 08:17:08 PM
Again, I'm new here but is the idea to name a thread and then comment about as many different topics as possible? 
Perhaps a new thread could be created today and just title it 2012/2013 season/recruiting and then we could just keep it going until after our tourney run to the elite 8?

You may just need to report this bad behavior to the mod...his name is valpo04 and he is tough but fair.

valpopal

Here are some of the photos I took at the game. As you can see, the student turnout was pretty good, and I am hoping that will continue to even grow more as the season progresses, especially if the team wins as many games as it should.

SadersofthelostArc

Thanks again for taking/posting these pal...I love the look

valpo04

Quote from: wittynamehere on November 10, 2012, 08:17:08 PM

Relax, it happens every year as we come out of the "off season." As the season goes on it will get better.

ChadWC

On the spectrum of less than expected to about expected to better than expected of starts for my Eagles...this one can go in the less than expected category.  I didn't get to see any of it but I don't need to with a score like that.  We didn't have any sort of chemistry from what I'm told and we got off to our patented slow start on the road....something we got out of last year near the end of the season and I had hoped that would carry over.

Its going to take us a few games to get our act together in the backcourt.  I don't expect us to beat Charlotte on Tuesday but we get into a few easier games after that which we should be able to find success and build some chemistry.  Hopefully we will get Jelani Hewitt back and we can achieve the 20 win season I think a lot of Eagle fans are expecting.

vu72

Quote from: ChadWC on November 11, 2012, 08:59:41 AM
On the spectrum of less than expected to about expected to better than expected of starts for my Eagles...this one can go in the less than expected category.  I didn't get to see any of it but I don't need to with a score like that.  We didn't have any sort of chemistry from what I'm told and we got off to our patented slow start on the road....something we got out of last year near the end of the season and I had hoped that would carry over.

Its going to take us a few games to get our act together in the backcourt.  I don't expect us to beat Charlotte on Tuesday but we get into a few easier games after that which we should be able to find success and build some chemistry.  Hopefully we will get Jelani Hewitt back and we can achieve the 20 win season I think a lot of Eagle fans are expecting.

We all hope you win 20 and your conference and go to the NCAAs!  It'll sure help our RPI!!  ;) Good luck the rest of the way!
Season Results: CBI/CIT: 2008, 2011, 2014  NIT: 2003,2012, 2016(Championship Game) 2017   NCAA: 1962,1966,1967,1969,1973,1996,1997,1998 (Sweet Sixteen),1999, 2000, 2002, 2004, 2013 and 2015

lowposter

valpopal:

You interested in doing any local HS games?  With quality like that, you might be able to sell some photos (including to me).  If so, let me know.

lowposter

valpopal

Quote from: lowposter on November 11, 2012, 06:34:18 PM
valpopal:

You interested in doing any local HS games?  With quality like that, you might be able to sell some photos (including to me).  If so, let me know.

lowposter

Thanks very much, lowposter, I'm appreciative of your compliment on my photos, but my schedule is such that I'd probably be unable to attend the high school games. I am usually not even able to make more than half the VU games. I wish I could. Also, photography is just a fun hobby for me. I have had a number of folks offer to pay me for prints, and I do have a standing account with a commercial site in case I ever decide to sell prints, but until now I have always just given out the photos to those who ask. Thanks, again.

lowposter

Too bad Valpopal.  Your photos are stunning and I think the parents would have gladly purchased prints...I know I would have.

Let me know if your schedule allows it down the road. 

Lowposter