• Welcome to The Valparaiso Beacons Fan Zone Forum.

why isnt this team clicking

Started by truth219, December 16, 2012, 02:07:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

StlVUFan

Quote from: crusaderjoe on January 08, 2013, 08:35:50 PM
Quote from: StlVUFan on January 06, 2013, 06:53:06 PM
Quote from: crusaderjoe on January 06, 2013, 03:39:25 PM
Quote from: StlVUFan on January 05, 2013, 10:54:28 PM
Quote from: crusaderjoe on January 05, 2013, 02:37:06 PM
Quote from: historyman on January 05, 2013, 10:22:47 AM
Quote from: crusaderjoe on January 03, 2013, 05:59:41 PMThe road for the HL championship will either go through Chicago or Detroit, not through Porter County.   

It seems extremely early in the conference season to be making absolute statements like this. As StLvuFan stated earlier no one knows right now where the HL tournament will be played including HL commissioner Jon LeCrone.

I think you're missing the context of my comment.  I'm not talking about a physical brick and mortar geographical location for the tournament.

Neither one of us misunderstood the context of your comment.  We're just not interested in premature epitaphs, that's all.

Stating that my comment was a premature epitaph is prima facie evidence of your misunderstanding of the context.

Did I say that the season was over, suggest that VU was dead and buried in January, and/or had no chance of making the NCAA tournament?  Sorry, try again.

We're not interested in premature epitaphs about VU hosting the tournament.  That's what you were talking about and that's what we were responding to.  Nobody said anything about VU having no chance to make the NCAA tourney.  I don't recall that even being brought up.

I really think you meant to reply to whoever it was that posted a comical retort to your prediction about who would host, but that wasn't either one of us.

I haven't gone back and forth with someone on this message board like this since the days of Rick. Good stuff.  I was actually responding to Historyman.  Still don't think we're going to make enough waves in the HL to host, but I'll tell you what, if VU hosts the final of the HL tournament, it means I was wrong. If I'm wrong, I'll make a donation of $50.00 in your name to the Miami Children's Hospital-Dan Marino Center.

I think you were responding to talksalot, actually.  Historyman has been responding the same way I have been.

It's all good.  I don't expect others to take my attitude toward predictions.  I'm just not ready to join in on your pessimism.  Note: we're not saying you're wrong, either.

historyman

Quote from: crusaderjoe on January 08, 2013, 08:35:50 PMI haven't gone back and forth with someone on this message board like this since the days of Rick. Good stuff.  I was actually responding to Historyman.  Still don't think we're going to make enough waves in the HL to host, but I'll tell you what, if VU hosts the final of the HL tournament, it means I was wrong. If I'm wrong, I'll make a donation of $50.00 in your name to the Miami Children's Hospital-Dan Marino Center.

Hey, I have a better idea. If Valpo hosts the HL tournament then give the $50 to VU and designate it for the FITT project. Maybe Valpo would finally get that track done if more people like you thought about helping. 
"We must stand aside from the world's conspiracy of fear and hate and grasp once more the great monosyllables of life: faith, hope, and love. Men must live by these if they live at all under the crushing weight of history." Otto Paul "John" Kretzmann

truth219

I think after that road trip valpo has turned a corner. I think valpo could run the regular season table. Tonights game with wright state will say a lot, but I think we should blow them out. buggs rowdy kvw kenney and whatever other gaurd you put out there should really start some savy playing.

LaPorteAveApostle

Computer says more than 10% chance we win out or only lose one more...

...and if you're thinking, "that's not much", I invite you to remember the last time you planned your outing around "only a 10% chance of precipitation".
"It is so easy to be proud, harsh, moody and selfish, but we have been created for greater things; why stoop down to things that will spoil the beauty of our hearts?" Bl. Mother Teresa

valpocleveland