• Welcome to The Valparaiso Beacons Fan Zone Forum.

1/12 Valpo @ UWM Game Thread

Started by talksalot, January 09, 2013, 09:40:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

talksalot

The Left Right Left Right for the guy who just fouled out is fairly obnoxious... and the I've noticed that some of the guys will wait to sit down until the instant the guy is ready to shoot the free-throws... so the crowd yells at the wrong time...

agibson

Quote from: LaPorteAveApostle on January 15, 2013, 08:20:11 PM
That was substituted for something else?

As a musician it always troubled me what a poor fit that was syntactically...  What were they expurgating?

It used to be "We're gonna beat the ---- out of you.  Let's go Valpo, let's go Valpo."

Sometimes they might have edited it down to "heck".

hailcrusaders

Quote from: agibson on January 15, 2013, 10:39:06 PM
Quote from: LaPorteAveApostle on January 15, 2013, 08:20:11 PM
That was substituted for something else?

As a musician it always troubled me what a poor fit that was syntactically...  What were they expurgating?

Ditto what agibson said. Youtube "Hey Song University of Dayton" (NSFW, of course). I also know the University of Minnesota does "Beat 'em up, beat 'em up, shove 'em up your a**holes!" I'm sure every school has its variants. Of course, Valpo's is more PG-rated.

Quote from: agibson on January 15, 2013, 04:50:10 PM
I'm still waiting to hear "double digits", and "Winning team, losing team" in person.

We tried to get "Winning Team, Losing Team" started at the NIU game, but the problem is it requires a lot of organization and everyone knowing what we're doing. Which is tougher with large crowds. And I'm sure we'll do "Double Digits" next time Milwaukee comes to town  ;)
#CrusadersForever

valpotx

After this Detroit game, it just makes me respect Milwaukee's coach even more.  Jeter seems to be one of the classier guys, whereas we have Ray Sr and Waters on the other side of the coin.  It looks like they will get their first conference win tonight if they can hold on
"Don't mess with Texas"

historyman

Quote from: valpotx on January 17, 2013, 08:51:23 PMAfter this Detroit game, it just makes me respect Milwaukee's coach even more.  Jeter seems to be one of the classier guys, whereas we have Ray Sr and Waters on the other side of the coin.  It looks like they will get their first conference win tonight if they can hold on

If you watched the press conference you'll see Ray Sr gave a lot of credit to Valpo for the way the Crusaders played in the 2nd half and at the end of the game. He mentioned that Valpo was the defending HL regular season champion.

Of course he took no blame for the awful coaching in the 2nd half.
"We must stand aside from the world's conspiracy of fear and hate and grasp once more the great monosyllables of life: faith, hope, and love. Men must live by these if they live at all under the crushing weight of history." Otto Paul "John" Kretzmann

StlVUFan

Minnerath was quite mature in his answers too, not cracking a smile when tossed a softball question.  His attitude read: "Not good enough, no matter how great an individual game I had."

Smj

I didn't really see anything inappropriate or "un-classy" during the McCallum post-game interview.    I just felt that Jeter's post game interview showed a more well-spoken approach to a loss.

valpotx

Just about any coach or player is going to be better behaved during a post-game interview.  During a game, both Minnerath and Ray Sr are not mature
"Don't mess with Texas"