• Welcome to The Valparaiso Beacons Fan Zone Forum.

"Lady Sader Haters? Party of All of You? Your Table (and Crow) are Ready!"

Started by SadersofthelostArc, January 12, 2013, 04:12:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SadersofthelostArc

The Lady Saders won AGAIN today?  Hmmmmmm!  Ya don't say......

That's really weird.  Because according to all the talking heads around here, Coach Dorow and the LS'ers are going no where fast.  She has no floor leader, she can't recruit, she's not getting the most out of the girls, they are underachieving, this is a repeat of last year, etc, ETC, ETC.  It's as if there is real improvement in this team and that when they play at home they are better than on the road!!!!  What?!?!  That's just crazy talk.

/sarcasm

I have been the ONLY one around here supporting this team and seeing the progress.  Everyone else has griped and moaned and whined and complained and groused and criticized and and bellyached for months about the Lady Saders.  I hope you are all ready to eat a HUGE helping of crow, straight out of Coach Dorow's kitchen.

Side note: I really liked Coach Dorow's slacks today.  Anyone else pick up on that?

HC

Kudos to you! You are truly a student of the game, and saw potential (and beauty) where few others did.

The LS'ers had a great run in the middle of that game.

SadersofthelostArc

Quote from: HC on January 12, 2013, 05:53:45 PM
Kudos to you! You are truly a student of the game, and saw potential (and beauty) where few others did.

The LS'ers had a great run in the middle of that game.

Coming from you, HC, this is quite the compliment.  You have consistently been one of the top five posters on this board (with DMValpo18, Apostle, STL and myself being the others).

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, and lo!  Behold!  This is one beautiful team (IMHOOCNO2TWD)!

LaPorteAveApostle

"It is so easy to be proud, harsh, moody and selfish, but we have been created for greater things; why stoop down to things that will spoil the beauty of our hearts?" Bl. Mother Teresa

HC

Oh boy '72 is not going to be happy about dropping out of your top 5!

SadersofthelostArc

72 has been trolling way too hard lately...when he said we could beat Kansas, I put him on troll alert.

jack

You are your own best cheerleader there Sader. One game does not a season make. If you'll look at what changes were made tonight, and the spark that got us going, you'll find that not all of us are as dumb as you want to believe. I seem to recall you were the one predicting an NCAA appearance last year!! Some success with this team, and a great win at that, doesn't make you Ghandi. Study the game a bit, know what you're talking about, and then get back to us. Refer to other post for some insight.

SadersofthelostArc

Quote from: jack on January 12, 2013, 08:30:41 PM
You are your own best cheerleader there Sader. One game does not a season make. If you'll look at what changes were made tonight, and the spark that got us going, you'll find that not all of us are as dumb as you want to believe. I seem to recall you were the one predicting an NCAA appearance last year!! Some success with this team, and a great win at that, doesn't make you Ghandi. Study the game a bit, know what you're talking about, and then get back to us. Refer to other post for some insight.

Someone's getting fiesty. 

First, I didn't say they would make the tourney...I said the goon squad (read: NCAA tourney selection committee) discussed them midway through the year. 

Second, no one called you dumb...I called you a hater.

YOU are the reason title IX exists, jack.

jack

Really? Interesting. Just stick to the facts of the game. You'll be alright.

SadersofthelostArc

Calm down, jack.  It's like you're the only one who is not in on the joke?

jack

Sorry. I take Basketball seriously. This university Has a lot invested in this team, so I just want them to maximize their. 5 efforts. I thought they did that today. Don't really see it as a "Joke" per say.

SadersofthelostArc

The game or the team isn't the joke, or parody or caricature if you will. 

justducky

Quote from: SadersofthelostArc on January 12, 2013, 04:12:29 PMI have been the ONLY one around here supporting this team and seeing the progress.  Everyone else has griped and moaned and whined and complained and groused and criticized and and bellyached for months about the Lady Saders.  I hope you are all ready to eat a HUGE helping of crow, straight out of Coach Dorow's kitchen.
There are some signs of progress, so if they can take 2 of the next 3 (Loyola-home 293 rpi, at UIC 271 rpi and at UWM 238 rpi) I will try make it to the ARC for the Green Bay game. If they can win all 3 of these games I will not only make it for the Green Bay game, I will also take my crow medium rare  (all feathers removed) with lots of lemon sqeezed on to improve the flavor. [A stiff drink might not hurt either] I doubt if I would want any seconds except maybe on the drink.   ;D

SadersofthelostArc

Quote from: justducky on January 13, 2013, 12:41:31 AM
Quote from: SadersofthelostArc on January 12, 2013, 04:12:29 PMI have been the ONLY one around here supporting this team and seeing the progress.  Everyone else has griped and moaned and whined and complained and groused and criticized and and bellyached for months about the Lady Saders.  I hope you are all ready to eat a HUGE helping of crow, straight out of Coach Dorow's kitchen.
There are some signs of progress, so if they can take 2 of the next 3 (Loyola-home 293 rpi, at UIC 271 rpi and at UWM 238 rpi) I will try make it to the ARC for the Green Bay game. If they can win all 3 of these games I will not only make it for the Green Bay game, I will also take my crow medium rare  (all feathers removed) with lots of lemon sqeezed on to improve the flavor. [A stiff drink might not hurt either] I doubt if I would want any seconds except maybe on the drink.   ;D

LOL Ducky!!  Where have you been, my man?  Loved your post and would love to see more from you re: the Lady Saders.  I'm toying with the idea of a Justice League-esque or a quasi-Avengers poster group that is here to protect and defend the LSers against the attacks of certain "fans."  Would you be interested?  At this point, it would include myself, you, and jack and tx (i guess).  We would of course go to HC and DMValpo with ideas and thoughts, and we would welcome any non-oppressive guidance from our fair but tough mods.

Let me know, bro...hit me with a pm if interested!!!

KL31NY

"Confidence is huge: believing you're better than the other guy gives you an advantage."
–Jason Kendall, Throwback, pp. 176

SadersofthelostArc

KL31NY

If you're going to put me on the list, I'd appreciate one example from this forum where I've been unfairly negative about the team to be produced... and my forum name spelled correctly.
"Confidence is huge: believing you're better than the other guy gives you an advantage."
–Jason Kendall, Throwback, pp. 176

SadersofthelostArc

Pssst....there's not really a "list" man.  Cmon, man....:)  You know I'd never do that to ya....not quite ready to add you to the super friends, but you're getting closer.

HC

Can I wear the Captain America outfit for the poster, my wife digs on the Capt  :thumbsup:

We are actually going to be at the women's game on the 26th, its a cub scout outing for my sons pack.