• Welcome to The Valparaiso Beacons Fan Zone Forum.

1/17: Valpo @ Detroit Game Thread oh and lots of giveaways!

Started by HC, January 12, 2013, 09:46:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

valpotx

Bad in-game coaching by Bryce so far.  It's like he still hasn't prepared us for when they sag on Buggs.  Also, add Minnerath to the thug list.  That guy pushes off on every rebound, and then you have Ray on the offensive end stiff arming everyone to get space
"Don't mess with Texas"

valpotx

FUC$ you Detroit!!!!!!  I will eat some crow and say that we made some great adjustments in the last 12 minutes.  The guys NUT UP and were men.  That was amazing, and when done, I had to let out a huge cussing streak of words as loud as I could, because that was unbelievable.  Way to be men Crusaders.  Ray Sr wanted to blow us out, their guys were talking trash, and the better team won!
"Don't mess with Texas"

agibson

vuchicago

Valposter

Valpo Baseball:  2012 Horizon League Regular Season Champion!  2012 and 2013 Back-To-Back Horizon League Tournament Champions! 2012 and 2013 Back-To-Back NCAA Tournament Regional Appearances!

mj

I believe that we will win.

valpotx

I did question Bryce calling his last timeout with 4 minutes left, but it seems that our guys just willed themselves to a win.  Seriously, I have NO respect for Detroit's players and coach, so that makes it even sweeter.  They are the only team I do not even respect, as they are a majority of trash talkers.
"Don't mess with Texas"

agibson

What'd they shoot?  65% in the first half?  I was thinking, wow, if we have a good second half we can get back within 10.  Unbelievable!

Here's the question... can Minnerath get player of the week with the loss?  With a career high from van Wijk (why couldn't they do anything to defend that lob?), maybe it won't be an issue.

Really amazing.

govalpogo

YYYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!  Absolutely crazy!  I'd like to take the credit for walking away from the tv on this one at the end of the 1st, the team plays better when I'm not watching (Although I did watch the last 4 minutes...without breathing).  Wow!  What a performance to not give up even though they were making us look stupid early on.  The only thing that scares me though is that Detroit will now be incredibly mad when we see them next time.   

LaPorteAveApostle

MESSAGE BOARD

ASPLODE

c'mon, Truth219, we're waiting for you to come and poop all over the cake.
"It is so easy to be proud, harsh, moody and selfish, but we have been created for greater things; why stoop down to things that will spoil the beauty of our hearts?" Bl. Mother Teresa

agibson

When Capo got ejected... I thought "Man, can van Wijk handle ten minutes?"  And he did look gassed at times.  When the ball wasn't live.

Clear that the announcers didn't really know Broekhoff's game.  He practically  _always_ has a quiet game.  He averages 17 and 8 on quiet games.

What was Kenney 5-5?

How did we ever come back from that first half?  _Man!_

koala

Well what a game made even sweeter as it was against Detroit and at their place.  My throat is sore from all the yelling and screaming but it was worth it.   Can't beat a better team than Detroit, they still have no class.   What a game from Kevin, sweet shooting by Matt and thank goodness it was Rowdy at the end hitting those free throws.   But am I mistaken that when you get grabbed from behind it's a intentional?   Enjoy the ride home team that was a sensational come back from a team that didn't give up.    :thumbsup:   

govalpogo

Also, I believe Apostle called the ending early in the 1st half (although no FT's were thrown on their part in the final minute).  If there is a team that you want to have attempting to run clock, it's Detroit.  If you make them have to run an offence...trouble (for them). 

wh

My blood pressure is still through the roof and I feel awesome!!!  Love the Crusaders!

talksalot

I was going to say UNBELIEVABLE... but  nope... BELIEVABLE !! Loved the replays of Bugg's drive last year... I saw it in person... and I like watching it on replay....

You wonder if Bryce mentioned how long a bus ride home it would be... now, I believe that team doesn't need a bus to get home...

57 point second half... incredible!!   Can't wait for Saturday night.   READ THAT:  NO LET DOWN 

crusader1897

As happy as I am that Valpo won, keep in mind that we beat them twice in the regular season last year, and it didn't help us in March. Great comeback though.

hailcrusaders

Who remembers last year when Edwards got tossed, and then Valpo turned it around to come back and win? I wonder if Capo's flagrant did the same to fire us up this year. It seemed to me that's when we turned it around and never slowed up.
#CrusadersForever

vu84v2

What a game!  Never gave up and kept playing hard - and suddenly found some good defense.  Kept going to Van Wijk which was great.  Best Valpo game I have seen in a long time.  When was the last time they came back from 22 down?  When was the last time they scored 57 in a half?  Amazing!

Of course, I have to say that McCallum Sr. continues to be one of the worst coaches around.  He slowed it down when their offense was not being stopped.  That second technical when Capobianco made the flagrant 2 probably was the first big turning point.

truth219

I will say that was awesome, but when I made my comments that's how I felt about what I was viewing at that point. we came back with the right answers. Kvw looked first team tonight and frankly he has been there all season. Buggs although he has moments where he is crap...he runs our team best at point. Sure when he is out there he turns it over a lot but when he isn't the rest of our team turns it over more. Very proud of valpo tonight.

valpotx

Yes.
Quote from: koala on January 17, 2013, 08:11:26 PM
Well what a game made even sweeter as it was against Detroit and at their place.  My throat is sore from all the yelling and screaming but it was worth it.   Can't beat a better team than Detroit, they still have no class.   What a game from Kevin, sweet shooting by Matt and thank goodness it was Rowdy at the end hitting those free throws.   But am I mistaken that when you get grabbed from behind it's a intentional?   Enjoy the ride home team that was a sensational come back from a team that didn't give up.    :thumbsup:   

I was saying 'clear path, clear path, clear path,' but I am not sure if that is the same rule in NCAA as it is in the NBA.  He did have a clear path, so it should have been intentional in my book
"Don't mess with Texas"

agibson

Quote from: koala on January 17, 2013, 08:11:26 PMBut am I mistaken that when you get grabbed from behind it's a intentional? 

Yeah, I definitely wondered about that.  Bobby's play was surely more dangerous.  But it didn't seem like Detroit had any better look at the ball when they fouled Ryan than Capo did fouling Anderson.

HC

I called for a hard (clean) foul on Anderson, I will take what I can get. For as mulch as rag on Capo I don't think anyone else on the team would've had the guts to foul like that.

Imagine if they could put an entire game together like that second half.

valpo64

What a comeback!!!   Give Bryce alot of credit for keeping the guys up and hustling, always positive...I hope our new recruits and K.Carter watched this game...this could turn  our season up a whole bunch!   Now no let up for WSU