• Welcome to The Valparaiso Beacons Fan Zone Forum.

Women's Basketball 2018-2019

Started by VU2014, March 10, 2018, 03:35:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Was it the correct move to relieve Tracey Dorow of her duties as Head Coach of the Valpo Women's Basketball Team?

Yes
No

VU2014

Quote from: valpo64 on May 14, 2018, 02:19:16 PM
Calling for some answers on the men's basketball program?????     Are you kidding me?    What are you talking about?   

What? What about the Men's program?

valpo64

I am speaking to VU2010' s comment....what are you talking about?  I do not understand his comment....what is your criticism of Coach L?   You want answers to what question(s)?

bbtds

Quote from: valpo64 on May 14, 2018, 03:36:36 PM
I am speaking to VU2010' s comment....what are you talking about?  I do not understand his comment....what is your criticism of Coach L?   You want answers to what question(s)?

Please see quote button. It helps when the original topic, and I'm probably the most guilty of this, gets changed and you refer to something several posts previous to your reply.

VULB#62

[tweet]991761901423087616[/tweet]

Her best game was 34 pts against Northern AZ.  She averaged 13 minutes per game for her freshman season.

VULB#62

Her first get on the recruiting trail and she looks like a good one who can contribute immediately.  Good for coach Evans. She is out there looking for talent. I like the fact that, right out of the gate, she grabbed a game-proven transfer. That's a bit of a change in approach from the previous regime. However, she will need help, so hiring assistants is also important. Hope that is going along well.

IndyValpo

Quote from: VULB#62 on May 16, 2018, 08:40:49 PM
Her first get on the recruiting trail and she looks like a good one who can contribute immediately.  Good for coach Evans. She is out there looking for talent. I like the fact that, right out of the gate, she grabbed a game-proven transfer. That's a bit of a change in approach from the previous regime. However, she will need help, so hiring assistants is also important. Hope that is going along well.
High school teammate of Morrison.
It is surprising that we have gone over a month with no assistants named.

VULB#62

Here a snip from the release.  I like the priorities Coach Evans has set.

Evans' staff will be comprised of Mary Gleason, Gabby Johnson and Tyeasha Moss.  "The main thing I was looking for was people who were willing to work hard and understand what the Valpo experience is all about," Evans said. "First and foremost, I was seeking staff members who have a player-first mentality. They are going to come here and realize that getting our student-athletes better as people, basketball players and students is our highest priority. All of them have gone to NCAA Tournaments as players or coaches. That will bring a championship mentality to our team."

covufan

Looks like a very skilled staff, with HC experience, experiences at other academic institutions similar to Valpo, and getting to the tournament.

I look forward to the upcoming season and how this team progresses during the first year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

valpo64

Very impressive group of new Asst. Coaches.  I like their varying backrounds in successful programs and with their "youth" I believe they will relate well to the team.  Also their experiences in varying parts of the  country could increase the size of our recruiting base.   We wish you well , Ladies!

VU2014

New scholarship offer for the women's team. This might be the first scholarship offer from the new staff.

https://twitter.com/ILLINOISELITE1/status/1001947781609779201

VUGrad1314

This looks to be a big improvement already! I'm excited! I think I'll be going to several of these.

http://www.valpoathletics.com/wbasketball/schedule/

VULB#62

Very heavily skewed to MAC and Summit - all pretty solid mid-majors with U of I from the B1G.  The only non-DI is an exhibition. Interestingly, it comes at the end of the OOC season - prepping for the MVC tip off no doubt. Coach's MAC connections really showing through.

valporun

I like having the exhibition game going into conference play, after 10 days of practice, and time off for Christmas. A better of getting the rust out before MVC play comes. Looks like a favorably competitive schedule, now that we are near the end of our Horizon League recruits on the women's roster.

vu72

Season Results: CBI/CIT: 2008, 2011, 2014  NIT: 2003,2012, 2016(Championship Game) 2017   NCAA: 1962,1966,1967,1969,1973,1996,1997,1998 (Sweet Sixteen),1999, 2000, 2002, 2004, 2013 and 2015

FWalum

Going into her Junior year so an early commit.  It also appears from her twitter account that this was her first offer.  Seems like a very good get so lets hope this verbal will stick if she gets more interest.
My current favorite podcast: The Glenn Loury Show https://bloggingheads.tv/programs/glenn-show

VUGrad1314

The atmosphere and perception of this program have completely changed. It's wonderful to see. Might have to go to some games this year.

VU2014

Another commitment for Valpo WBB! This staff is really putting in the work.

https://twitter.com/caravankempen/status/1037145794141401088

VU2014

I believe a reserved roster spot means walk-on or non-scholarship. It would be pretty cool if Valpo Women's Basketball could offer AP's little sister a preferred walk-on roster spot on the team. I'm not sure if it's realistic but it would be awesome to have the Peters family back on campus. I've heard she's a pretty good player and a shooter like her older brother.

https://twitter.com/annepeters25/status/1048352570874499073

valporun

Quote from: VU2014 on October 05, 2018, 09:46:30 PM
I believe a reserved roster spot means walk-on or non-scholarship. It would be pretty cool if Valpo Women's Basketball could offer AP's little sister a preferred walk-on roster spot on the team. I'm not sure if it's realistic but it would be awesome to have the Peters family back on campus. I've heard she's a pretty good player and a shooter like her older brother.

https://twitter.com/annepeters25/status/1048352570874499073

Reserved roster spots in DIII are the same as "scholarship" spots at D-I or D-II. Since D-III can't give athletic scholarships, they offer reserved roster spots to those "preferred" recruits.