• Welcome to The Valparaiso Beacons Fan Zone Forum.

Game #22 Vs Missouri State Tues 1\29\19 7 PM ARC

Started by VUGrad1314, January 28, 2019, 12:00:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NativeCheesehead

There's no way Sackey would get a concussion falling down. A fall from 18 inches isn't far enough.  ;D

valpo84

Did I see something on twitter yesterday that Obediah Church is officially separated from the program?  Any impact on tonight's game or has he been out during their recent improvement?
"Christmas is for presents, March is for Championships." Denny Crum

crusader05

He's been out since late December so no new effect on the line up.

vu72

Unfortunately, with Golder and Ryan out, coupled with revenge for a 16 point thumping we gave them at their home, leads to a similar defeat for us tonight.  We have no scorers.
Season Results: CBI/CIT: 2008, 2011, 2014  NIT: 2003,2012, 2016(Championship Game) 2017   NCAA: 1962,1966,1967,1969,1973,1996,1997,1998 (Sweet Sixteen),1999, 2000, 2002, 2004, 2013 and 2015

bbtds

Quote from: SanityLost17 on January 29, 2019, 09:15:47 AM
Quote from: SanityLost17 on January 29, 2019, 09:07:26 AM
The good news.   This MoSt team is very reliant on DaSilva to get things going in the paint and open things up from the outside.  If Smits plays the combination of of Smits/Sorolla should be enough to disrupt that part of their offense and swing post play decisively to our advantage.  However, I have a strange suspicion Smits will struggle if his back is bothering him even a little bit.  I have had back spasms before, it is really hard to function properly.   

The problem will once again be scoring and what kind of legs are we going to have on defense by the end of the game at the guard position.  If Smits plays at least McMillan and Kiser won't have to play the 5.   So that helps out way more than you might think.     

I am not sure on a prediction.  We need to win as we are hitting the road again soon.

I've changed my mind.  I do have an official prediction. 

Valpo 13   MoSt 98

Smits still has spasms and can't play.   We find out Sackey is out with a concussion having slipped on the ice walking to class, and 4 minutes into the game Freeman rolls an ankle.   Valpo brings in Langston (walk-on) to run the point.  Bakari goes 1-32 from 3 trying to keep us in the game.   Sorolla and McMillan both foul out half way through the 2nd half and we play with 4 guys the last 10 minutes.   

There, it can't get any worse than that.  So we will be pleasantly surprised no matter what. You are welcome everyone!  :)

Sackey is from Winnipeg. He's probably very use to weather like there will be in Valpo Tuesday & Wednesday. Daniel would probably be the last player on the team to slip on ice. The narrative would work better if Sorolla slipped on the ice and Sackey rolled his ankle and Freeman gets hit in the face going up for a slam dunk and has to get stitches put in over his eye.

NativeCheesehead

Don't even joke about more ankle injuries.

crusadermoe

Ha!   Let's hope the health of our ankles this season at least outperforms the average elder care facility.   

I do tend to agree that season momentum and number of injuries favor the Bears tonight.  A win for us will be impressive tonight especially if Smits is not healthy enough to play strong D.   

talksalot

Quote from: crusader05 on January 29, 2019, 08:15:40 AMwhen every school in the area including universities are closed it's harder to understand.

Notre Dame's announcement ... they ended operations at 7pm Tuesday night.  we're open an extra 2 hours.  Home the game doesn't go into Overtime.  be hard to explain everyone leaving.... and the lights going out.

wh

Quote from: talksalot on January 29, 2019, 02:20:57 PM
Quote from: crusader05 on January 29, 2019, 08:15:40 AMwhen every school in the area including universities are closed it's harder to understand.

Notre Dame's announcement ... they ended operations at 7pm Tuesday night.  we're open an extra 2 hours.  Home the game doesn't go into Overtime.  be hard to explain everyone leaving.... and the lights going out.

Undoubtedly, facility management employees will be gone at 9:00.00. If something happens in their absence, the response will be, "We got a bulletin that said the university is closing at 9. If you wanted us to stay longer, you should have said something."

vu72

Perhaps they will play with a running clock!  Hopefully it doesn't go into overtime and a brawl breakout and all the ushers and cops have taken their leave.
Season Results: CBI/CIT: 2008, 2011, 2014  NIT: 2003,2012, 2016(Championship Game) 2017   NCAA: 1962,1966,1967,1969,1973,1996,1997,1998 (Sweet Sixteen),1999, 2000, 2002, 2004, 2013 and 2015

VU2010

Seriously though - I wish Lottich would not be Mr Excuses all the time. There's glimpses of him being the leader that we all need him and hope for him to be.

But those moments are sandwiched between these sorts of things. Excuses, ambiguity, being secretive, answering questions in a very uninspiring and quite honestly nonchalant and boring manner.

valpotx

I don't remember any classes ever being canceled while at Valpo, but remember plenty of times when I couldn't see in front of my face while a blizzard came down, and I was still required to be at morning run sessions at 5 am in the ARC :thumbsup:
"Don't mess with Texas"

VU2014

Smits is in *warm-ups

bbtds

FieldGoodie05

Quote from: valpotx on January 29, 2019, 05:47:31 PM
I don't remember any classes ever being canceled while at Valpo, but remember plenty of times when I couldn't see in front of my face while a blizzard came down, and I was still required to be at morning run sessions at 5 am in the ARC :thumbsup:

Think only classes cancelled we're surrounding 9/11 while we were there.

wh

Bakari looking sharp in warmups. Hitting everything he throws up.

crusader05

In the last few years it's been wind chill that has closed campus for the most part with the occasional blizzard. I think as the commuter population has grown as well as the graduate school travel concerns matter a bit more. But this cold is crazy. Bars in Milwaukee are closing early because of it. I feel like that's a pretty good indicator of how bad it's going to get

SanityLost17

No Joke...

They foul our center on every single possession.   Every one.  Multiple times. 

ValpoDad89

Smit's Looking like his back ain't bothering him much...4 points, 2 boards and a voracious block in the early going...Plus one nasty poke in the eye. #Gritty

mj

We better find some offense soon. Or this is gonna get ugly...
I believe that we will win.

jloose128

This officiating is trash, the usual from Gerry Pollard.

mj

I believe that we will win.

nkvu

So we dribble our final possession away and don't get a shot, then let them dribble through the whole team for an uncontested layup in 4.5 seconds to score at the buzzer. What crap.