• Welcome to The Valparaiso Beacons Fan Zone Forum.

Game 7 vs Cincinatti Bearcats @Paradise Jam 4:45pm CST 11/25/2019

Started by VUSWIM08-12, November 25, 2019, 12:09:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

VUSWIM08-12

May as well get one going since the game starts in 4.5 hours. This game might go like the Nevada one did, hopefully someone besides JFL steps up? Wish Sackey's shot was better from long range. Maybe he can get some easy transition buckets. McMillan and Robinson need to step up! Line is at -12.5 for Cincy, I'll be buying a point and taking Cincy.

Cincy-76
Valpo-60

M

Sorolla revenge game!  I'm afraid our guys are running out of gas in this one. Get back for some home cooking on Wednesday and finish this month out 5-3.

SanityLost17

I will say that Lottich pulling some guys with 8 minutes left against Nevada is a sign he is starting to learn when to hold guys back and keep them fresh and injury free.  That was one of my pre-season expectations from him.   Perhaps saving some energy yesterday will pay dividends today, either with a W or just keeping people healthy to fight another day. 

govalpogo

This could be a trap game for Cincy.  After all they've been through to get the frantic comeback win on Friday and going to OT and losing to BGSU in the night cap last night, they might be low on energy or overlooking a Valpo team that got stomped last night...OR...they may be playing angry and kick the snot out of a possibly down Valpo squad.  We will see how good the team chemistry is when it's put to the test in adversity here. 

Not much to really lose for us here...most everyone would understand a loss (at least a competitive one) and a win would get the team and fans fired up heading into a winnable stretch of games. 

talksalot

The line is 13.5...at VegasInsider

Teams   Win-Loss          Streak         ATS               Current   
Valparaiso (4-2) (2-2 A)      L-1             4-2-0             o/u   136    
Cincinnati    (3-2) (3-0 H)     L-1            1-4-0                -13.5    

75-61 is what they are gambling on ...we are ahead on covering the spread and Cincy has only covered once.

Sorolla, Jaume "Jay" - Game Statistics - he hasn't played at all in this tournament.
Opponent   PTS   MIN   FGM-FGA   3PM-3PA   FTM-FTA   REB   AST   BLK   STL   TO   PF
Ohio St.   6   23   3-3   0-0   0-0   4   2   0   0   1   3
Drake   8   17   3-5   0-0   2-2   6   2   0   0   1   2
Ala A&M   5   13   2-3   0-0   1-2   5   1   1   0   0   1

VUSWIM08-12

Line moved in Valpo's favor to -11 for Cincy, IDK what Vegas is seeing but man that's easy money IMO. Hopefully I'm wrong , Valpo is +525 on the money line

Ahh the AAC player of the year is out , now I know why the line moved .

VUSWIM08-12

Great D and shooting through the first media timeout ! Valpo up 11-4.

FieldGoodie05

Pleased with most, just an observation...

McMillan and Kiser having difficulty not fouling and keeping their man in front of them.  We are playing with a lot of contact defending their bigs.  Won't get away with that all season.  Noticed Frees-Villain playing D with some tenacity as well, hope he tamed it down slightly with his reaching.

All else pretty positive, just some observations.

vu84v2

Valpo up 4 at the half. Sounds like the effort has been great so far. Valpo has forced 11 turnovers from Cincy and has a 15-11 rebounding advantage.

FieldGoodie05

Mileek, you are a conundrum...why must we always play help defense in the post and get burned by layup/dunks?

It was like this with the Drew's if memory serves.  Do we get a high degree of TO by doing this?

FieldGoodie05

For those not watching, nearly 100% of UC scoring has been layups or dunks.  It's simply situational awareness failure.  Oh and Sackey is 1/6 and forcing right now.

NativeCheesehead

As I've said all year the talent is there. This team has a chance to be pretty good. But they're not there yet.

For all the players on the court, this is Lottich's year to shine.

Or not. We'll see in March.

truth219

sackey is not who you want shooting in crunch time

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

SanityLost17

Quote from: truth219 on November 25, 2019, 06:58:25 PM
sackey is not who you want shooting in crunch time

Unless he is in Canada... 

Sackey REALLY struggled offensively.  I am surprised Lorange didn't get some run given that he is supposed to be a shooter.

NativeCheesehead

Gotta call a timeout there. Tie game: play it out.  Down one you have to get your team together and draw something up.

truth219

Daniel sackey reminds me of Erik Buggs in almost every way

valpo64

Tough one to lose.  Too bad Sackey and Kiser are no threats on the offensive side, and Kiser also is a weak defender.  While this team playing together needs more time to gel, I think ML has them on the right track and is gradually seeing more cohesive play. I think we will be giving Valley teams some fits once the Conference season starts.

FieldGoodie05

Quote from: FieldGoodie05 on November 25, 2019, 05:59:46 PM
For those not watching, nearly 100% of UC scoring has been layups or dunks.  It's simply situational awareness failure.  Oh and Sackey is 1/6 and forcing right now.

23 FG in the paint as layups / dunks / tip-ins by Cincy.

Gave that game away.

covufan

Didn't get a chance to follow game live. Was worried, as Cincinnati could have really whipped us if we showed up like Nevada. Great to come back after yesterday's game with a great effort. This team wants to prove something

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

justducky

Better performances by Morgan and Gordon! If they find their games and specific roles then the team could be pretty good even without Fazekas.

Quote from: valpo64 on November 25, 2019, 07:18:42 PMKiser also is a weak defender.

Yes he comes up a little short trying to defend 6'10" and above centers.  ::)

RS

Another good effort. But this team is still an incomplete team. Lack of overall size and experience has hurt  our inside defense and rebounding. Hustle and ball hawking will be our advantage for the foreseeable future.  One bad game out of three.

talksalot

Seeing what Nevada is doing to BGSU... I don't feel as bad as yesterday.  Bring on the Trolls.

valpotx

Great game to watch.  We were the better team on the night, and that was an upset that got away from us.  Sackey was getting to the basket and not finishing, probably expecting to get fouled each time, causing his attempt to be a little off.  Freeman-Liberty willed us back into the game after we let it get to a 12 point advantage for Cindy.  He turned on the jets and caused or stole the ball 3-4 times in a row.  That was incredible defense over that stretch.
"Don't mess with Texas"