• Welcome to The Valparaiso Beacons Fan Zone Forum.

Beacons at Aces 2/19 1 pm

Started by humbleopinion, February 19, 2022, 09:59:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

humbleopinion

It seems strange to be two weeks away form the tournament and be facing a conference opponent.  I'm sure this series Evansville has circled as a chance to at least get a split. 

We're about as healthy as we're going to get, so I'm looking for us to sweep the series.
Beamin' Beacons

Valpo89

humbleopinion

Thanks.  Not sure how I got a noon start in my mind.
Beamin' Beacons

Chairback

My prediction, we come out flat like the last time we lost close to Loyola.

Shots will not be falling, setting for long 3's, we will give up 3's and be down early.

VALPO LI

Who is #11 in brown on the floor?
Is that Emil....I think so.
Shine on Vu

valpotx

Emil has progressed.  He looked good in his few games earlier this season, and has provided meaningful minutes.  He is directing folks, as well.
"Don't mess with Texas"

mj

Hopefully Preston is ok and it's not a Achilles' tendon tear.
I believe that we will win.

AB

A good win. Aces are so bad. Wonder if they will have a coaching change in off season?

justducky

Quote from: mj on February 19, 2022, 02:23:40 PM
Hopefully Preston is ok and it's not a Achilles' tendon tear.

11 minutes for Preston and 20 for Darius. How did the other 9 minutes of point play get divided up and did that expand the TO number?

talksalot

Quote from: justducky on February 19, 2022, 04:09:53 PM11 minutes for Preston and 20 for Darius. How did the other 9 minutes of point play get divided up and did that expand the TO number?

using a back court of Sheldon and Eron.    Sheldon with his first career Double Double  (11-11)... Praying for Preston.  Watching the ESPN replay, looked like he rolled the ankle on Kevion's foot... just a shame...

vuny98

Good to see them put together a strong game and King to get back into some strong offense after a few off games. Even if Evansville is bad, still a good showing.

Kithier out, Preston only 10 minutes. Hope both are OK and can come back for the tournament. We are capable of an upset if we are playing well.

JD24

Quote from: vuny98 on February 20, 2022, 03:44:15 PMGood to see them put together a strong game and King to get back into some strong offense after a few off games. Even if Evansville is bad, still a good showing. Kithier out, Preston only 10 minutes. Hope both are OK and can come back for the tournament. We are capable of an upset if we are playing well.
That looked like a pretty bad ankle....the type which are 6 week recovery time. Hopefully my laymen's doctorate is wrong.

The team needs King to play like this every game and I'm really just referring to the aggressiveness on offense.