• Welcome to The Valparaiso Beacons Fan Zone Forum.

New Video Boards

Started by valpomarketingguy, July 19, 2011, 04:33:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

okinawatyphoon

Is it possible to create another video or two to change it up? I too agree that it could use more history.
Valpo '10, Valpo Admission Network
US Air Force, Sigma Phi Epsilon

bbtds

Quote from: okinawatyphoon on November 21, 2011, 09:58:09 PM
Is it possible to create another video or two to change it up? I too agree that it could use more history.

I also agree it could use more historical footage of previous Valpo men's basketball teams. More from the Sweet Sixteen team and shots of the different Mid-Con championships and NCAA appearances, although I realize that many of the NCAA games were not happy experiences, they do count as historical moments for the men's basketball team.

vuweathernerd

Quote from: valpofan56 on November 21, 2011, 07:55:21 PM
Quote from: vuweathernerd on November 21, 2011, 07:00:28 PM
is there any chance of getting a digital display on the front of the scorer's table, like so many other schools have? i was watching the 24 hour basketball marathon on espn last week, and i think it was college of charleston that had one, and that honestly kind of surprised me. i know they're a program on the up and up, but to this point that's almost always been a perk not really seen outside of the bcs conference programs.

I'm pretty sure CofC just built a brand new arena, which is probably why they have such fancy signs.

it opened in 2008, according to wikipedia. so that would make some sense. but i'd be curious to see pictures from that season to see if it was in fact installed originally or has been a recent upgrade. either way, it appears to be a very nice building, with a seating capacity about the same as the arc.

valpotx

I would imagine that any changes to the video would not be enacted until next year due to various factors.  Good pointers though for next year I am sure!
"Don't mess with Texas"

KL31NY

Quote from: bbtds on November 22, 2011, 06:08:57 AM

I also agree it could use more historical footage of previous Valpo men's basketball teams. More from the Sweet Sixteen team and shots of the different Mid-Con championships and NCAA appearances, although I realize that many of the NCAA games were not happy experiences, they do count as historical moments for the men's basketball team.

Speaking of historical footage, where online can I find more from the 1988 Notre Dame-Valpo game? I saw a few seconds of it in the intro and cannot find any more video from it online. Someone used to have the final 10 minutes of the broadcast on youtube, but it got taken down a while ago due to copyright claims...
"Confidence is huge: believing you're better than the other guy gives you an advantage."
–Jason Kendall, Throwback, pp. 176

Crusader03

Agree with everyone here....the video is okay, but could be so much better.  Still waiting for someone to connect the words to the street ball for us....just don't see the connection.

Valpo89

Quote from: KL31NY on November 22, 2011, 12:47:05 PM
I've got the whole game on DVD. PM if you want to try to make a copy.

valpospartan

Quote from: KL31NY on November 22, 2011, 12:47:05 PM
Quote from: bbtds on November 22, 2011, 06:08:57 AM

Speaking of historical footage, where online can I find more from the 1988 Notre Dame-Valpo game? I saw a few seconds of it in the intro and cannot find any more video from it online. Someone used to have the final 10 minutes of the broadcast on youtube, but it got taken down a while ago due to copyright claims...

I have the game on VHS.