• Welcome to The Valparaiso Beacons Fan Zone Forum.

BOOM! This is how we do it!

Started by Crusader03, December 06, 2011, 10:25:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crusader03

Well, looks like the Lady 'Saders are starting to round into form with an absolute THRASHING of a very solid IPFW squad! Looks like we only went six deep tonight, but six was all Keith needed. 

Maybe I should let someone else say this, but do you think it was a matter of addition by subtraction when it comes to Ladd?  She is a wonderful young lady, I know.  But you know how that whole "sista love" thing works guys...she was down in the dumps, missing home, and the rest of team is sympathizing and maybe just not in things mentally.  Without that distraction, maybe the team was more focused tonight and really played like we all know they have been capable of all season.

Big in-state win that surely has some buzz going around this program...Pitt, you're about to served!

FWalum

This is actually a pretty decent win.  IPFW only lost to Michigan State by 6 and beat Butler by 8.  Congrats ladies!
My current favorite podcast: The Glenn Loury Show https://bloggingheads.tv/programs/glenn-show

valpotx

I was surprised to see that big of a win, especially with 6 playing.  Good win, but I don't think Pitt needs to be worried based on our past results against them...
"Don't mess with Texas"

IndyValpo

If you watched the game, we played very well. Additionally, you had to wonder how IPFW beat anyone as they looked very average, in part due to solid defense on our part.
We needed this win, but buzz......you are kidding right.

jack

Great win!
Observations:
The players seem to be getting more comfortable and trusting of one another. That's big. Richards seems to be trusting Carr enough to start looking for her shot more. With the lack of available players, we need everyone scoring, as we had last night. That was our best effort on D to date. We kept them off balance all game, even with the adjustments they made at the half. I thought our guards did a tremendous job with the press, and kept pushing the ball, keeping IPFW back on their heals, and out of sinc most of the game. Scott did a better job getting her feet under her to shoot. Varner and Geradot did a nice job inside on both ends of the floor. Lange did a good job of interupting the flow for them. Carr's 6 assist was a nice outting, and the players were doing a better job of handling the crisp passing. What an effort from a 6 player rotation, coming off of a loss that shouldn't have been, and lossing a key player to transfer. This squad has some kind of heart. It was their best all around effort, from everyone. I only hope we get some more players healthy and playing, or we're going to wear down as time moves on. It seems like we should be getting Jasone in the mix real soon but i'm not sure. I also don't know why we didn't see Horton or Timmerman last night. I can only assume nagging injuries.
Nice win Crusaders. You earned it!!

valpotx

From what Paul said a few weeks ago, Jasone is eligible after sitting out 11 games?
"Don't mess with Texas"

jack

I thought I heard something about 11 games too, but I wasn't clear on when they started counting - hopefully, China!!  8)

valporun

I'm guessing the count started with the two exhibition games, not China.

Crusader03

Quote from: valporun on December 07, 2011, 03:23:55 PM

This is also my understanding...wish it was the China games, but that's unlikely

jack

Quote from: Crusader03 on December 07, 2011, 10:38:57 PM

This is also my understanding...wish it was the China games, but that's unlikely

It's not. I was joking! (and wishful thinking)  :P

Crusader03

Quote from: jack on December 08, 2011, 07:07:32 AM
Quote from: Crusader03 on December 07, 2011, 10:38:57 PM

It's not. I was joking! (and wishful thinking)  :P

:lol:

valpotx

I'm surprised exhibition games would count.  Typically if you have to sit out a game due to suspension, NCAA issues, etc, I would think you would have to sit out regular season games, the ones that count?
"Don't mess with Texas"

valporun

I think you're right about that, valpotx. The games in China aren't really sanctioned by the NCAA, as they aren't played by NCAA rules, and the exhibitions don't always feature the top players for longer than a few moments at a time.