• Welcome to The Valparaiso Beacons Fan Zone Forum.

1/6/12: Detroit Game Thread

Started by valpopal, January 06, 2012, 10:40:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

vuweathernerd

Quote from: valpospartan on January 07, 2012, 12:03:10 PM
Quote from: valpo04 on January 06, 2012, 06:17:56 PM
Tonight's game is an ESPN3 exclusive broadcast:

http://espn.go.com/watchespn/index/_/source/espn3/id/326680/

The ESPN3 picture, on my computer, was spotty - sometimes clear, sometimes blurry.  Did anyone else experience this?

i actually had good video quality from them last night for valpo's game. this afternoon for mizzou, not so much. then again, with the way that game has gone, maybe it's a good thing it's all blurry.

hckjag

I had good quality as well but the quality dips based on available bandwith. I had someone streaming a movie in another room at the start of the game and quality was very low. As soon as they shut it off, more bandwith and good quality. So it is usually dependent on your internet connection and who else is using it. (My internet is not the fastest out there despite their claims)

covufan

Unfortunately, my ISP is Qwest/CenturyLink - I don't get ESPN3.  Been a bummer a few times :(

bbtds

I think the result in the Wright State game shows how much Detroit rolled over and gave us the game at the end. Yes, the 7 threes from Bogan that we didn't get from him, Harris or Kenney in the Wright State game hurt even more but we could have easily been 0-2 on this Detroit/Dayton trip.

milldew72

Interesting note ... Brandon Wood and Keith Appling showed up at about the 10 minute mark of the first half and stuck around until the end.
Both were head-to-toe in MSU sweats. Homer told the alumni gathering pre-game that Brandon was gonna show up with Draymond Green and another teammate.
Draymond wasn't there, but BWood and Appling were.
I wonder what the players thought about that.