• Welcome to The Valparaiso Beacons Fan Zone Forum.

1/26/12: @ Green Bay Game Thread

Started by DMvalpo18, January 24, 2012, 10:40:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

agibson

wh

GB 32 Valpo 27 at half.  It's a miracle we're only down by 5. 

wh

Down by 14 with 7+ to go.  It's like watching a replay of the Wright State game.  Half hearted defensive effort - shuffling along in a milk toast zone - arms half way up - no pressure - forcing no turnovers.    Making a role player look like an all-star.  Hard to believe a first place team would give this type of effort. 

historyman

Quote from: wh on January 26, 2012, 08:46:57 PM
Down by 14 with 7+ to go.  It's like watching a replay of the Wright State game.  Half hearted defensive effort - shuffling along in a milk toast zone - arms half way up - no pressure - forcing no turnovers.    Making a role player look like an all-star.  Hard to believe a first place team would give this type of effort. 

What he said. Not a great effort by Valpo. Harris couldn't hit anything. Did he even hit a lay up? KVW was extremely slow all nite and had his pocket picked a number of times. The only real bright spot was Boggs with 5 threes.

valpofan56

Boggs and Broekhoff were the only two who played well. The rest of the team was awful at best, especially Buggs, Harris, and Bogan.

bbtds

Quote from: valpofan56 on January 26, 2012, 09:15:04 PM
Boggs and Broekhoff were the only two who played well. The rest of the team was awful at best, especially Buggs, Harris, and Bogan.

Don't get so upset and start crying now, 56.  :)

At least this year we didn't come real close and lose the game. We don't have to agonize over what could have been. Was it just me or was there a ton of home cooking by the refs?

StlVUFan

It wasn't just you.

And I thought Harris played well, considering he played hurt the 2nd half.

4 reasons we lost:

1.  We were too soft.
2.  Almost all the lucky bounces went their way.
3.  They're a bad match-up for us.
4.  The refs were lazy.

Oh well.  At least Wardle doesn't whine like a baby when the rare call goes against him, like a certain other coach.

okinawatyphoon

Valpo '10, Valpo Admission Network
US Air Force, Sigma Phi Epsilon

Mjj

11points, 2 rebounds, and a team high 3 assists is awful?

valpofan56

Quote from: Mjj on January 26, 2012, 10:58:41 PM
11points, 2 rebounds, and a team high 3 assists is awful?

Because you completely ignored it: 4-13 FG including 1-5 from 3. Anybody can score 11 points if they chuck it up enough.

Not to mention the fact that you think 3 assists (even if it is a team high) is a good thing despite playing 31 minutes (most of it at the point).

He played poorly! Sure it wasn't Will Bogan bad, but that's a level of awful no one should strive to achieve.

bbtds

Quote from: valpofan56 on January 26, 2012, 11:09:17 PMBecause you completely ignored it: 4-13 FG including 1-5 from 3. Anybody can score 11 points if they chuck it up enough.

Not to mention the fact that you think 3 assists (even if it is a team high) is a good thing despite playing 31 minutes (most of it at the point).

He played poorly! Sure it wasn't Will Bogan bad, but that's a level of awful no one should strive to achieve.

I knew it was a lot of missed shots and many were taken early in the shot clock. 31 minutes and only 3 assists is poor. Harris missed a ton of open shots.

sectionee

Jay takes so many early shots.  When he is hitting them, fine I can live with a quick dribble and pull up three.  But when he's off he still does the same stuff.  I'm not sure why some are blaming the officials.  We shot 2 fewer foul shots and were called for 2 fewer fouls.  Our D on Cerroni was atrocious and they didn't force enough turnovers.  Buggs had his worst game of the year, Jay was right up there with him, and KVW didn't get involved enough.

I can't wait for tomorrow's game!

StlVUFan

Quote from: sectionee on January 27, 2012, 10:52:00 AM
I'm not sure why some are blaming the officials.

I didn't.  I simply said they were bad.

agibson

Quote from: agibson on January 26, 2012, 07:40:56 PM
Could I get a game update?

In happier news, for the first time ever, the HLN Live iOS app worked for me.  So, I had a chunk of the second half on live during choir rehearsal, on my iPod touch.  It kept a few crusader fans in the choir entertained, at least.  (We have one couple that skips rehearsal for home games!)

Has anyone else had any luck with the app?  It seemed like a fluke that it worked last night.  In general, the selection of live events seems very broken, at least on my iPod.

govalpogo

GB is 8-1 at home after last night as well.  I'll agree that it hurts less than last year when I got home in time to watch Howard grab a rebound and fall down...that was physically painful to watch.

Valpo2010

Quote from: agibson on January 27, 2012, 01:24:07 PMHas anyone else had any luck with the app?  It seemed like a fluke that it worked last night.  In general, the selection of live events seems very broken, at least on my iPod.

I use the app on my IPad to watch every game I'm not at.  I haven't had a problem yet.  I tend to use it with a WiFi connection, so that might be why it works so well for me!  Picture quality seems pretty decent...though I still prefer my seats in the ARC  ;)

StlVUFan

Quote from: agibson on January 27, 2012, 01:24:07 PM

In happier news, for the first time ever, the HLN Live iOS app worked for me.  So, I had a chunk of the second half on live during choir rehearsal, on my iPod touch.  It kept a few crusader fans in the choir entertained, at least.  (We have one couple that skips rehearsal for home games!)

Has anyone else had any luck with the app?  It seemed like a fluke that it worked last night.  In general, the selection of live events seems very broken, at least on my iPod.

Works fairly well on my Android -- most of the time -- but highlight videos in the archive only work well if I've got 4G.  Full game archives not available at all, of course, which isn't surprising to me, nor am I disappointed.

valpospartan

Quote from: StlVUFan on January 26, 2012, 09:28:54 PM
It wasn't just you.

And I thought Harris played well, considering he played hurt the 2nd half.

4 reasons we lost:

1.  We were too soft.
2.  Almost all the lucky bounces went their way.
3.  They're a bad match-up for us.
4.  The refs were lazy.

Oh well.  At least Wardle doesn't whine like a baby when the rare call goes against him, like a certain other coach.

5. Missed free throws
6. Missed free throws
7. Missed free throws

valpofan56

Quote from: agibson on January 27, 2012, 01:24:07 PM

Doesn't work very well on my android phone over 3G most of the time.
Works well on my android phone over WiFi.
Works excellently on my iPad over WiFi.

My go to for watching games though is over my Roku player.  There is a Ustream channel available for the Roku and I can just search for the game and play it right through my tv, which is very slick.