• Welcome to The Valparaiso Beacons Fan Zone Forum.

Lady 'Saders- "Win on 3...1-2-3...WIN!!!!!!" VU over CSU!!! BAM!!!!!!!

Started by Crusader03, February 04, 2012, 07:42:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crusader03

Well, well, well....not surprised that the Lady 'Sader-haters haven't shown up 'round these parts tonight.  FINALLY, they are firing on all cylinders.  Today's win over CSU was dominating a performance as you are EVER going to see.  Keith has got the HL right where he wants it, and now he starts cashing in. 

Circle February 23 on your calendar peeps.  After VU wins the next three in a row (Butler, UIC, Loyola...honestly, do you see them losing ANY of these???) they have a HUGE rematch with Green Bay.  If, and I know this is a big IF, they knock of UWGB, you have to start thinking about their post-season hopes.  A lot of work to do between now and then, but Keith has resurrected this team and anything is possible at this point.  YOU GOTTA BELIEVE!!!!!!

IndyValpo

A well deserved victory for the ladies, they played well.  I wondered how long after the win you would be out here mentioning the possibility of post season.....within a few hours...you certainly did not disappoint!

Crusader03

Quote from: IndyValpo on February 04, 2012, 07:48:23 PM
A well deserved victory for the ladies, they played well.  I wondered how long after the win you would be out here mentioning the possibility of post season.....within a few hours...you certainly did not disappoint!

No doubt man!!!!  Gotta rep my Lady 'Saders!!!!  So, do you have any thoughts on the matchup with GB?

Crusader03

Side note----does anyone else think that Mallory Ladd should be cut from the commercials on the HL network broadcast?  I know she went on the China trip but she doesn't "rep" us anymore.  I would like to see something like a big X put over her video or words like "transferred" or something like that....sends the right message about commitment to future recruits!

valporun

Quote from: Crusader03 on February 04, 2012, 07:51:52 PM
Side note----does anyone else think that Mallory Ladd should be cut from the commercials on the HL network broadcast?  I know she went on the China trip but she doesn't "rep" us anymore.  I would like to see something like a big X put over her video or words like "transferred" or something like that....sends the right message about commitment to future recruits!

How about just dropping the whole China video altogether? We see it during both the men's and women's games, and it has been overplayed now.

StlVUFan

Quote from: valporun on February 04, 2012, 09:21:46 PM

How about just dropping the whole China video altogether? We see it during both the men's and women's games, and it has been overplayed now.

Even saw it today instead of watching them honor the Hall of Fame inductees.  :crazy:

jack

Great win. Great effort. Where has Varner been? Good to see Jansone get some minutes and contribute. It appears Carr's injury isn't too severe. that's a good sign too. Granted CS isn't a power house in this league, but a great win none the less. Congrats ladies.
Don't jinx them C3!  :-X - let's just keep everyone healthy and get through the season. A post season run isn't in the cards this year, but next year? Who knows. I'm anxious to see how it all shakes out. Who goes, who stays, and who can we recruit to help out inside.

IndyValpo

Quote from: Crusader03 on February 04, 2012, 07:49:20 PMSo, do you have any thoughts on the matchup with

Yes, I do. We get hammered like everyone else does at Green Bay.  No shame in that loss.  They beat ranked Marquette by 16 in a pre-conference home game.  This game is not nearly as important as the three before it.

Anyone going Saturday at Butler?  Let me know, I will be there.

jack

Agreed. On our best day, with the players available on this roster, the GB game insn't even close. No shame in that. Sometimes, the skill set just isn't there. I'll be in town this weekend and plan on swinging by to catch the Butler game. This one will dictate how our season finishes out.

Crusader03

Quote from: valporun on February 04, 2012, 09:21:46 PM

I do agree with this statement...the commercial is overplayed and no one cares about it anymore.  Although, I do think we should have a commercial about the transfers that left...kind of shows that we value loyalty 'round these parts.

jack

I agree the China thing, as well as the pre-game video is getting a bit stale. Maybe a change is in order. As for your commercial about the transfers - not so much there C3. Kids leave schools daily across the country for many reasons. Academics, family issues, sports issues, conflicts, homesickness, etc., etc. The list goes on. Did it hurt us when Ladd left? With out a doubt. We had a lot of time, effort, and money invested in bringing her here. Should we wish her the best, no matter where her career and life take her? Absolutely! Ladd didn't leave out of mallice. She left for reasons that we knew were a possiblity when we brought her here. It was a gamble, at best, that she would stay. Ladd is one of many issues we've had this season. If you think about it, right now, Ladd is contributing as much to our program as the players that are unable to play. At the end of the day, you need to look past the game, and realize the life leasons these kids are learning from this experience. Life isn't fare. It wasn't meant to be. It's how you react to the unfareness that defines who you are. And in that, I couldn't be prouder of this group of young ladies who are giving it their best, through all the adversity. I believe we'll make it 2 in a row at Butler Saturday! 

Crusader03

Quote from: jack on February 06, 2012, 05:35:06 PM
I agree the China thing, as well as the pre-game video is getting a bit stale. Maybe a change is in order. As for your commercial about the transfers - not so much there C3. Kids leave schools daily across the country for many reasons. Academics, family issues, sports issues, conflicts, homesickness, etc., etc. The list goes on. Did it hurt us when Ladd left? With out a doubt. We had a lot of time, effort, and money invested in bringing her here. Should we wish her the best, no matter where her career and life take her? Absolutely! Ladd didn't leave out of mallice. She left for reasons that we knew were a possiblity when we brought her here. It was a gamble, at best, that she would stay. Ladd is one of many issues we've had this season. If you think about it, right now, Ladd is contributing as much to our program as the players that are unable to play. At the end of the day, you need to look past the game, and realize the life leasons these kids are learning from this experience. Life isn't fare. It wasn't meant to be. It's how you react to the unfareness that defines who you are. And in that, I couldn't be prouder of this group of young ladies who are giving it their best, through all the adversity. I believe we'll make it 2 in a row at Butler Saturday!

Jack, you know how much I respect you and think of you as probably the second biggest LS'ers fan around here (behind moi of course)...but I think you are being a "gentle giant" so to speak here in your kid glove treatment of Ladd et al.  She absolutely humiliated and abandoned our program, meanwhile laughing all the way to Evansville.  Plan all along?  Can't say for sure, but bravo if so.  Evansville got the girl and daggered our program along the way.  How do we stop others from doing the same?  You "red-X" em on future videos...it says to players "We want you here and we value our players...we will be loyal...but you better be loyal to us, or you'll be red-x'd" just like the rest.  I just think it is the right move and it really tells the girls we have "we love and support you" while telling our detractors "we're not afraid to call this like it is."

JM2CENTS OC, TIFWIW!

valporun

Quote from: jack on February 06, 2012, 05:35:06 PMI agree the China thing, as well as the pre-game video is getting a bit stale.

I'm not sure that the pre-game videos are getting stale, as they are presenting our team, and we might have future recruits in watching the game as an official/unofficial visit. The China video is getting old, and when it is shown during men's halftime, it is out of place. I don't know what Valpo could put in its place, besides highlights from the first half, or from earlier home games, but the China video served its purpose, and it is time to retire it. If it was possible, it would even be nice to have some highlights or news put together about the other sports, and how they are currently doing, with game/match/meet updates, or highlights from those events that might have happened in or around the ARC.