• Welcome to The Valparaiso Beacons Fan Zone Forum.

Positive news about Valpo

Started by valpo22, March 12, 2023, 03:10:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

crusadermoe

Everything I hear about Powell is hard work, focus, outreach and energy.   I consider that very good news.

I hope we get a faster pace of good news than October brought to this thread.

NotBryceDrew

One of the news channels had her nephew on I believe talking about her and her work. I watched a little bit the other night and then I see this had no idea she was a Valpo grad, super cool!

KreitzerSTL

Is Valpo pushing out any of these stories? The only emails I've been getting have been asking me to upload videos of my own story and advice.

crusader05

Their social media accounts are very active for this type of stuff. You will get some of it in the newsletters but you need to follow them on facebook or other sites to get all of this stuff as it comes in I feel

crusadermoe

Awesome stories.  I got a "Day of Giving" preview email that had a bunch of alumni stories packed into one email. 

This one probably has more impact than most of them.  So it seems like a great one for the "next" email.  Hopefully more of those go out more often.  This hints at a lead up strategy of more emails. I would applaud these. Ideally shorter than yesterday's and more frequent. I think it might be the first one I have seen in several weeks. But I may be wrong.

Facebook is great for quick breaking stories that fade quickly over a few weeks.  But you are preaching to the "choir" of dedicated alumni already.  To reach out farther you have to use email and mail to pull them into Facebook.

KreitzerSTL

A very nice Christmas greeting from Rev. Dr. Brian Beckstrom: https://youtu.be/MANbNi7Sl80

Nice to see Valpo leaning into their Lutheran character this Christmas!

valpotx

Former Crusaderettes doing great things!  You have Ginger Zee as the top Meteorologist for GMA, and Cristal with this federal judicial potential appointment. 
"Don't mess with Texas"

vu72

Season Results: CBI/CIT: 2008, 2011, 2014  NIT: 2003,2012, 2016(Championship Game) 2017   NCAA: 1962,1966,1967,1969,1973,1996,1997,1998 (Sweet Sixteen),1999, 2000, 2002, 2004, 2013 and 2015