• Welcome to The Valparaiso Beacons Fan Zone Forum.

Gaedele

Started by VU75, April 06, 2013, 11:15:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

VU75

Kyle Gaedele has been bumped up to advanced A Lake Elsinore of the California League. 

valpotx

Congrats to him!  I haven't followed him this year.  I hope that his BB/K ratio is better, as that seemed to be the only thing holding him back from advancing (lots of ks)
"Don't mess with Texas"

valporun

The minor league seasons just started on Thursday or Friday, so there aren't a lot of details yet, but I was listening to one of their games against Rancho Cucamonga, and Kyle hit a home run off Ted Lilly, who was down with the Dodgers's High A team on a rehab assignment.

Also, in mid-May Jon Gulbranson(sp?) will be on the roster for the newly named Rockford Aviators of the independent Frontier League. He was picked up in a deal late last season with the Gary Railcats in the role of the oft-traded PTBNL (Player To Be Named Later). I'll try to give updates as able during the season, and potentially try to let you know if he's starting a game so you can listen in to hear how he's doing.

valpotx

I saw that Bryce Shafer was released from the Cubs organization as well.  I am sure that he will be picked up by someone, as he has produced some pretty solid numbers over the last 3 seasons
"Don't mess with Texas"

valpotx

This ranking lists Kyle as #4 on the LF rankings within the Padres organization:

http://friarsonbase.com/2014/01/17/2014-organizational-depth-chart-left-field/
"Don't mess with Texas"