• Welcome to The Valparaiso Beacons Fan Zone Forum.

National Anthem 2019-2020 season

Started by tiny707, July 03, 2019, 11:34:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tiny707

What current player, coach or media person should sing the National Anthem for our first home game?

bbtds

Quote from: tiny707 on July 03, 2019, 11:34:26 AM
What current player, coach or media person should sing the National Anthem for our first home game?

The Crusader. He can mime the singing while the pep band plays.

Do we have any player, coach, former player or media person who has an exceptional singing voice. I'm sure PO sings in the shower excellently.

usc4valpo

Bring in Jon Steinbrecher, the man of Valparaiso perfection. sorry - I need to let go on how he made the Valpo ring of fame and not Eugene Parker.

tiny707

I believe Javon was in choir in high school and Sakey played/sang in his church band.

GoldenCrusader87

It would be neat if we started doing multiple anthems. Given the number of overseas players. Kind of like what NHL does with Canada.

M

Just have a student music major sing it or the band perform it...keep it simple

valpo64

Just get a good arrangement of the Anthem for the band and let the crowd sign along. As has been said, keep it simple and do it well with crowd participation.  Get people involved from the start.

GoldenCrusader87

Let's hope for a better intro video this year. Last year's was about as worthwhile as the team / coach

usc4valpo

Have Mariah Carey make a visit to pop a bottle of Crusader Ale...

Modernjake

Lets keep it REAL simple. I would like to see Colin Kaepernick sing it, lying on his back at center court, while juggling cats.