• Welcome to The Valparaiso Beacons Fan Zone Forum.

Game 5 Marist

Started by valpofb16, September 26, 2021, 07:01:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

valpofb16

Marist comes off two tough games holding Columbia and Bryant within reason. Have not won a game since the 2019 season.

Hopefully Brown field has a strong crowd for homecoming to beat this senior laden team.

Prediction:

Beacs 21 Foxes 13

IndyValpo

I will be there! 40 years since graduation!!

vu72

I actually think they are MARIST, not Mariat.  That's closer to a hotel chain.  ;)  And YES, I'll be there!  Been 50 for me!!
Season Results: CBI/CIT: 2008, 2011, 2014  NIT: 2003,2012, 2016(Championship Game) 2017   NCAA: 1962,1966,1967,1969,1973,1996,1997,1998 (Sweet Sixteen),1999, 2000, 2002, 2004, 2013 and 2015

valpofb16

Someone please inform Mr. Limbach that we should not be rotating running backs or passing on first down.

-Concerned fan

usc4valpo

valpofb16

Again Defense played well enough to win. Without the blocked punt Marist walks away easily with win

IndyValpo

Random thoughts:
The quick pass to the outside doesn't work.
Perhaps the worst officiated game I have ever seen, lots of group meetings.
First time ever I have seen an official trip a QB then call intention grounding.
Was sitting near the kickers parents who told me his max range was 49 yards yet we tried from 57.
Being on ESPN3 absolutely kills the flow of the game.
Washington is really good.

JD24

Quote from: valpofb16 on October 02, 2021, 01:21:49 PMSomeone please inform Mr. Limbach that we should not be rotating running backs or passing on first down. -Concerned fan
I would just like an offense which is more than a bit high school-ish in design.

ProudCrusader

Limbaugh must go. He is in so far over his head. Half of the team wi be in the portal if he is retained. Making Fox look bad.

valpofb16

Proudcrusader unfortunately I agree. We have a top 3 defense with primarily seniors. If Washington graduates next year and our seniors on defense graduate, could be in for a very long year with Limbachs offensive scheme and Quarterback play.

Kaplan appears to have taken the backup role from Berry and Lawson. The talent drop off from Washington to Orekoya is more noticeable than I'd hope'd it would be.

Lots of penalties and things like 10 men on field. Not sure what field goal was but that also is what it is.

JD24

Quote from: valpofb16 on October 02, 2021, 10:59:13 PMProudcrusader unfortunately I agree. We have a top 3 defense with primarily seniors. If Washington graduates next year and our seniors on defense graduate, could be in for a very long year with Limbachs offensive scheme and Quarterback play. Kaplan appears to have taken the backup role from Berry and Lawson. The talent drop off from Washington to Orekoya is more noticeable than I'd hope'd it would be. Lots of penalties and things like 10 men on field. Not sure what field goal was but that also is what it is.
The problem with the FG at the end of regulation was that it probably had a higher pct of a block return for TD than a make unless the kid has been booming 60 yarders in practice. Long kicks may have low trajectory leading to a block. Didn't make a whole lot of sense.

I hail mary or hook and lateral at the end made more sense.

usc4valpo

Listening to the press conference,I really like Fox's passion and expression. He seems to show his expressions, really cares about the program and is a straight shooter. No philosophical crap.

If you are going to be vanilla on the offense, then Washington needs 30 plus carries. That will be required against a decent St. Thomas team.

JD24

I think we need to be careful with the use of Washington and I've seen a number of posts asking for what seems to be more from him.

His running style is that of a one man gang. He's not gaining his yardage because the OL is keeping the defense off him. He seems to take a lot of "shots" from free running defenders and he doesn't go down easily leading to more shots.

usc4valpo

Sorry JD24 - I was just hoping to see the second coming of Earl Campbell

soapyjeans

I'd like to see Valpo understand they have WR and TE that'll also get them first downs as well as TD's...  Almost every play revolves around the RB (which every opponent knows & plans for).