• Welcome to The Valparaiso Beacons Fan Zone Forum.

GCU wins share of WAC gets #1 seed

Started by IndyValpo, March 06, 2021, 10:36:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

IndyValpo

Bryce Drew gets GCU's 1st conference title in D1 tonight.

valpopal

I have seen this before: Best of luck to Bryce!

[tweet]1368415208767561731[/tweet]

[tweet]1368412710753333250[/tweet]

valpotx

Why is it only a share of the title, and not outright?  It seems like the WAC is not going based on win %?
"Don't mess with Texas"

Just Sayin

Quote from: valpotx on March 07, 2021, 01:21:28 AM
Why is it only a share of the title, and not outright?  It seems like the WAC is not going based on win %?

They had to win both Friday's and Saturday's game to win the title outright. There are still  games to be played to determine the 1 and 2 seed, but GC is guaranteed a bye the first round in the conference tournament. 

IndyValpo

Quote from: Just Sayin on March 07, 2021, 08:12:01 AM

They had to win both Friday's and Saturday's game to win the title outright. There are still  games to be played to determine the 1 and 2 seed, but GC is guaranteed a bye the first round in the conference tournament. 
The WAC regular season ended last night. They determined the champ by winning percentage times number of games played. Apparently they tied with UVU based on that.

Just Sayin

Quote from: IndyValpo on March 07, 2021, 10:07:36 AM
Quote from: Just Sayin on March 07, 2021, 08:12:01 AM

The WAC regular season ended last night. They determined the champ by winning percentage times number of games played. Apparently they tied with UVU based on that.

The article I read said what I posted. Bad info apparently.

valpotx

That sucks for them, as it means 9-3 equals UVU's 9-4.
"Don't mess with Texas"

IndyValpo

Dominant performance 2nights in a row leads to he WAC Championship

valpotx

Congrats to Bryce, as he has now taken 3 different schools to the NCAA tourney.  I read that Rick Pitino is the third coach to take 5 schools to the dance, so Bryce might beat it!!
"Don't mess with Texas"

usc4valpo

Great stories for Bryce Drew and Rick Pitino.

valpopal

Congrats to Bryce on the championship, especially on the anniversary of "The Shot":
[tweet]1370999138838409217[/tweet]

valpotx

Some good Drew and Valpo talk for a few minutes during the Cincy/Houston game.  Dan Dakich and the PbP guy that partnered with Bryce last year at ESPN
"Don't mess with Texas"