• Welcome to The Valparaiso Beacons Fan Zone Forum.

Predict January’s W/L Record (Member Poll)

Started by wh, January 01, 2020, 08:10:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

What will the Crusaders' January record be?

8-0
0 (0%)
7-1
0 (0%)
6-2
2 (7.4%)
5-3
11 (40.7%)
4-4
9 (33.3%)
3-5 or worse
5 (18.5%)

Total Members Voted: 27

Voting closed: January 04, 2020, 08:10:09 PM

wh

January's schedule is, as follows:

JAN 4 SAT at Evansville
JAN 7 TUE at Southern Illinois
JAN 11 SAT Drake
JAN 15 WED at UNI
JAN 18 SAT Indiana State
JAN 23 THU at Missouri State
JAN 26 SUN Evansville
JAN 29 WED at Bradley

EddieCabot

I voted 4-4.  It's extremely tough to win on the road in the MVC, but I think Valpo steals one on the road and holds court at home.

talksalot

I'm going with 5-3 with #35 on the court for us... at some point.  I've been wrong so often with these...

Remember:

those who CAN play...... DO
those who CAN'T play.... Coach
those who CAN'T coach.... announce on TV
those who CAN'T announce on TV...   handle public address
those who CAN'T handle public address... Officiate.

(I was going to put in "write the local sports beat"... but I wasn't sure where to put him  ;D  )

bbtds

I went with 5-3. I figure we finally win at Evansville because they came out firing against Missouri State but faded badly and lost. This will make them doubtful in there next game. Every game can be won in the MVC if you finish well & it's something we will work on. We'll also beat SIU, Missouri State, Indiana State, Evansville again.

wh

One more day to get your vote in. We should have twice as many votes by now. Let's stay enthused, guys!

Just Sayin

Just Sayin

For the serious predictors out there who might look to various sites (there are quite a few) for injury updates and status on all Division 1 teams and their injured players, I couldn't find one of them that showed Fazekas being out with an injury for Valpo. Either these sites are not all that good or Fazekas is ready.

FieldGoodie05

Quote from: Just Sayin on January 03, 2020, 10:47:36 AM
For the serious predictors out there who might look to various sites (there are quite a few) for injury updates and status on all Division 1 teams and their injured players, I couldn't find one of them that showed Fazekas being out with an injury for Valpo. Either these sites are not all that good or Fazekas is ready.

Was Fazekas listed before other games?

Just Sayin

Quote from: FieldGoodie05 on January 03, 2020, 12:32:21 PM
Quote from: Just Sayin on January 03, 2020, 10:47:36 AMFor the serious predictors out there who might look to various sites (there are quite a few) for injury updates and status on all Division 1 teams and their injured players, I couldn't find one of them that showed Fazekas being out with an injury for Valpo. Either these sites are not all that good or Fazekas is ready.
Was Fazekas listed before other games?

I don't know. Today was the first time I started to look at listed injuries.

EddieCabot

Quote from: Just Sayin on January 03, 2020, 10:47:36 AM

So, it appears that not all MVC programs are as secretive on injuries as Valpo tends to be.  I almost blamed the beat writers too, but I'm sure that Paul and Michael O. ask the right questions, just don't get the answers.

[tweet]1211758291463880704[/tweet]

VALPO LI

Here goes with my  :twocents:
My optimistic approach burned me last month right off the bat but I will stay somewhat positive and vote 5-3

JAN 4 SAT at Evansville - W too many distractions down in Evansville right now.
JAN 7 TUE at Southern Illinois -W sorry Vance no luv for your Persian Hounds.
JAN 11 SAT Drake -L tricky one to guess.
JAN 15 WED at UNI - W do I dare upset the apple cart for a 2 bid conference  :crazy: Hell Yeah!!!!
JAN 18 SAT Indiana State - W so when the trees fall at the ARC will anyone be around to hear it...my guess 4,000+ Valpo fans will...prime time home game.
JAN 23 THU at Missouri State - L no domination in Springfield like last year.
JAN 26 SUN Evansville -W because the second time is a charm.
JAN 29 WED at Bradley -L a close one in Peoria where we come up short....which lights a fire under us come February.
Shine on Vu

VUfan

5 and 3, three Road Wins and two at home. If they do that they will close out the year strong!!! :)

justducky

Quote from: EddieCabot on January 01, 2020, 08:33:11 PM
I voted 4-4.  It's extremely tough to win on the road in the MVC, but I think Valpo steals one on the road and holds court at home.

I hate to ever agree with Eddie, but here I go again.  :-[

EddieCabot

Quote from: justducky on January 03, 2020, 04:28:17 PM
Quote from: EddieCabot on January 01, 2020, 08:33:11 PM

I hate to ever agree with Eddie, but here I go again.  :-[

:thumbsup:   :rotfl:

Just Sayin

3-5

Losses
Evansville(S/B close game) My very successful beta (regression testing model in early stages) model (90% W-L) says Valpo win by 13 but it's untested so I'll stick with the tried and true numbers and pick a loss.
So. Illinois
Northern Iowa
Missouri State
Bradley

Wins
Drake
Indiana State
Evansville at home

talksalot

I didn't want to skew anyone's vote...but here's a little history on the next 5 games in the schedule...

Over the past 33 years, here is our record...

Game 16 (SIU) 19-14... winning streak 1.  beat Bradley by 11
Game 17 (Drake) 20-13... winning streak 5.  SIU:65-61, SIU:83-72, YST:78-62, MIL: 68-56, YST: 79-64
Game 18 (UNI) 19-14... losing streak 1.  Loyola:71-54
Game 19 (InSt) 22-11... winning streak 1.  UNI 75-66
Game 20 (MoSt) 23-10... losing streak 1.  InState 70-53, MoSt: 64-57

and then...
Game 21 (Evansv)  is tied with Game 27 (@Ill State) for the worst 33-year record... 12-21

bbtds

Quote from: talksalot on January 05, 2020, 05:58:17 PM
I didn't want to skew anyone's vote...but here's a little history on the next 5 games in the schedule...

Over the past 33 years, here is our record...

Game 16 (SIU) 19-14... winning streak 1.  beat Bradley by 11
Game 17 (Drake) 20-13... winning streak 5.  SIU:65-61, SIU:83-72, YST:78-62, MIL: 68-56, YST: 79-64
Game 18 (UNI) 19-14... losing streak 1.  Loyola:71-54
Game 19 (InSt) 22-11... winning streak 1.  UNI 75-66
Game 20 (MoSt) 23-10... losing streak 1.  InState 70-53, MoSt: 64-57

and then...
Game 21 (Evansv)  is tied with Game 27 (@Ill State) for the worst 33-year record... 12-21

No skewing at all in my view. You were really skewless, I believe, on that one. Anyone looking to change after talk's info?

bbtds

4-4. Should have known. We went W-L-W-L-W-L-W-L. Consistently inconsistent.