• Welcome to The Valparaiso Beacons Fan Zone Forum.

Valpo Hosts Indiana State Game Thread, Sat., January 18, 2020, 7p

Started by wh, January 17, 2020, 11:16:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wh

While driving to the office this morning around 8a, I observed a good-sized charter plane coming in for a landing at Porter County Airport. I can only assume that's the Sycamores arriving to get ready to kick some Crusader butt.  Game on!

M

Tyreke Key owns Valpo...Valpo has to fix that and make a little higher percentage. I'd bet a lot of points to be put up tomorrow night.

Just Sayin

Picked Valpo to win for January picks early in January.
Changed my mind. Indiana State to win.

EddieCabot

Quote from: Just Sayin on January 17, 2020, 11:36:13 AM

After starting the season 0-4 (all against top 100 KenPom teams), ISU has won 10 of 12 against weaker competition.  They're a very hot team, but their only true road win was at Wright State in OT.  Given their road struggles, I think Valpo takes them down in front of a large and rowdy crowd!

Just Sayin

Quote from: EddieCabot on January 17, 2020, 12:08:02 PM
Quote from: Just Sayin on January 17, 2020, 11:36:13 AMPicked Valpo to win for January picks early in January. Changed my mind. Indiana State to win.
After starting the season 0-4 (all against top 100 KenPom teams), ISU has won 10 of 12 against weaker competition.  They're a very hot team, but their only true road win was at Wright State in OT.  Given their road struggles, I think Valpo takes them down in front of a large and rowdy crowd!

Indiana State is the 8th best 3-pointing shooting team in the country. Valpo is the 299th best/worst team in the country defending the three.

talksalot

Sycs did set the school record with 17 3s the other night...I'm just tired of losing lunch bets when that team beats us...Time to "Finish" like we did with Drake.

Supposed to be a brisk 23 degrees (+8 windchill)...

Tyler the Amazing Balance Act is the halftime show.

http://www.amazingtyler.com/

**THE #1 MOST BOOKED HALFTIME ACT IN COLLEGE BASKETBALL 2017-2019!**

wh

Quote from: talksalot on January 17, 2020, 01:22:29 PM
Sycs did set the school record with 17 3s the other night...

You may want to double check that. What I see is a total of 30 made 3's over their first 5 conference games, with a 1-game high of 8. Nothing to write home about.

talksalot

mybad... twas Bradley..  hitting 17 3s against Missouri State...

I still think key will be the key.  so to speak

VUGrad1314

Good or bad, we're going to learn a lot tomorrow. We're going to learn a lot about this team and its chances to avoid Thursday. We're also going to learn a lot about the Sycamores. Are they for real and a potential Q1 road game (which this conference needs, or are they a potential Thursday team buoyed by a tough non-conference schedule against which they did not perform particularly well? We'll see...

valpotx

"Don't mess with Texas"

bbtds

Quote from: EddieCabot on January 17, 2020, 12:08:02 PM
Quote from: Just Sayin on January 17, 2020, 11:36:13 AM

Don't discount Wright State this season for being a significant win on the road. With Love and a great shooting guard Wright State is no HL team to sneeze at.

EddieCabot

Sackey and Robinson out tonight.  This game just got a lot more challenging.

VUGrad1314

Oh goody No point guard... Come on Eron... We need you today... This could be a turning point game for him personally because he should get minutes. If he shows out, he'll likely play much more down the stretch...

wh

I see Daniel sitting on the sidelines. I don't e en see Nick. No sign of Ryan. That's 3 of our top 6 out. How many games have we played at full strength the past 2 years? That leaves us with 7 rotation players and 2 freshmen who never play. This is ridiculous.

VUGrad1314

Is this just bad luck or is our training staff deficient and requires greater investment and attention?

wh

And, as long as I'm venting, 1 of our 2 freshmen who never play is our backup center's backup, thus he won't be any help tonight. And Daniel would have been our quickest defender against 2 the fastest guards on a guard-oriented team.

To have any chance, we can't have any 2-12 nights, or 4 fouls in 12 minute nights from Mileek.

I'm an eternal optimist, but I see IS winning this by 8-12 points.

NativeCheesehead

If our subpar, poorly ventilated facility and overly condensated floor costs us our season, that would be about right.

mj

I believe that we will win.

oklahomamick

We scored out of a timeout with a set play.  Easy open 2 goes a long ways in these kind of games. 

Clay is good
CRUSADERS!!!

NativeCheesehead

Whichever one of you at home made a sacrifice to the b-ball injury gods to get JFV back, nice work.

VUGrad1314

Pretty ugly half... Bad shooting by both teams but especially us...

oklahomamick

That's was the worse call I've seen in a long time.  jFL picking up third fouls was bad. 
CRUSADERS!!!

FieldGoodie05

Quote from: oklahomamick on January 18, 2020, 07:45:38 PM
That's was the worse call I've seen in a long time.  jFL picking up third fouls was bad.

That was some rookie crap coach you don't leave your best player in with two minutes and two fouls.  That's rookie crap...

valpotx

Quote from: FieldGoodie05 on January 18, 2020, 07:47:43 PM
Quote from: oklahomamick on January 18, 2020, 07:45:38 PM

That was some rookie crap coach you don't leave your best player in with two minutes and two fouls.  That's rookie crap...

Both Homer and Bryce would do the same thing often.  They often trusted their best players to not pickup that third foul.
"Don't mess with Texas"