• Welcome to The Valparaiso Beacons Fan Zone Forum.

Valpo Football 2018 Schedule

Started by VU2014, March 23, 2018, 08:44:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

valpofb16

Would have loved a game before Duquesne but at least we get another week to prepare and heal camp injuries

Youngstown will be tough, maybe better than Montana

Truman will be interesting, if we get beat will set tone of season, I think we win this one handily though

Davidson will be a great homecoming win, cats will have a new option offense and majority of roster will be freshmen

Butler and Jacksonville at home should both be wins, it'd be nice to finally beat Drake as well

At Dayton, Marist, Morehead St., Stetson I would love 3-1 in these games but 2-2 would be acceptable

Way too early prediction

8-3

VULB#62

We open the season @ Duquesne.  At that point we will hopefully be fresh, but DU will have already played two games:

They open August 25th at "FBS" UMASS in Amherst, MA. The quotes are because UMASS is a FCS program trying to be a full D-I program.  UMASS was 4-8 in 2017 with with 3 wins against FCS schools and an upset of BYU.

Then the following Saturday they host D-II Lock Haven in Pittsburgh.  LHU was 2-9 last season.

We have a lot stacked against us in terms of:   it being an away game, good level of competition, first game jitters, and an opponent with 2 games already under their belt.

talksalot

Spring Game - Saturday 11am Brown Field Sunny and near 60 is the forecast high...

Y'all come out, now... ya' hear?