• Welcome to The Valparaiso Beacons Fan Zone Forum.

Multiple athletes busted!

Started by vu72, February 18, 2020, 08:26:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

valpotx

Quote from: Pgmado on February 19, 2020, 12:50:13 PM
Quote from: valpotx on February 19, 2020, 03:01:48 AM
My FR year (1999-2000), the same thing happened.  I was at the party with athletes included from several sports, and believe the fraternity was Phi Sig?  One of my buddies was completely wasted (football player), and ended up using the house phone to prank call 911, and hung up after they answered, not thinking that they could easily trace it to the residence.  Police officers then showed up within minutes, and many of us stayed as silent as possible in a hidden room in the house, which they were easily able to find.  Every single individual under the age of 21 was arrested and brought to jail that night and put in orange jumpsuits...except for me lol.  The officer administering the breathalyzer did my test twice, as it came up 0.00 (or however it is configured), as he didn't believe the reading, with everyone else in the house very drunk.  Everyone around me started clapping, as at least one of us wasn't going to jail, and then let me walk out the front door back to my dorm room.  A few of the guys tied to the house that were over 21 asked me how I got away as I exited the building, and I simply said, 'I didn't drink today' lol.  Two of my friends (including my roommate/best friend/teammate & the football player/prank caller) did end up running as the officers showed up, and temporarily got away, but they were able to easily find them based on tips from others that were being taken to jail. My roommate was actually hiding in his closet for the next hour, until he finally came out when the officers kept coming back to our dorm room.  The funny thing about how he was identified, is that we had a few whiteboards on our dorm room door, and my roommate had earlier done caricatures of each of our friends, the 'Brandt Hall Gangstaz,' and he was a pretty good artist :).

Paul/Pgmado, was this before or after you showed up as an RA on the other side of our floor? :)

This was the first weekend that I was a student on campus. It effectively crippled the Phi Sig fraternity for several years. I remember it being the front page story of The Torch. I just remember thinking "Wow, Concordia never had anything fun like this happen." I became a RA the next semester in Brandt Hall. The semester of the Brandt Hall fire that I put out.

Ah, yes.  The previous RA on your side of the floor, probably left because of us lol.  On another night, my roommate/friend (you remember who he is) ended up drunkenly urinating on his/your dorm room door.  Even worse, the RA opened the door mid-stream, and got it on his shoes.  Lots of fun stories that I could tell :).
"Don't mess with Texas"

valporun

Quote from: valpotx on February 19, 2020, 08:07:17 PM
Quote from: Pgmado on February 19, 2020, 12:50:13 PM
Quote from: valpotx on February 19, 2020, 03:01:48 AM
My FR year (1999-2000), the same thing happened.  I was at the party with athletes included from several sports, and believe the fraternity was Phi Sig?  One of my buddies was completely wasted (football player), and ended up using the house phone to prank call 911, and hung up after they answered, not thinking that they could easily trace it to the residence.  Police officers then showed up within minutes, and many of us stayed as silent as possible in a hidden room in the house, which they were easily able to find.  Every single individual under the age of 21 was arrested and brought to jail that night and put in orange jumpsuits...except for me lol.  The officer administering the breathalyzer did my test twice, as it came up 0.00 (or however it is configured), as he didn't believe the reading, with everyone else in the house very drunk.  Everyone around me started clapping, as at least one of us wasn't going to jail, and then let me walk out the front door back to my dorm room.  A few of the guys tied to the house that were over 21 asked me how I got away as I exited the building, and I simply said, 'I didn't drink today' lol.  Two of my friends (including my roommate/best friend/teammate & the football player/prank caller) did end up running as the officers showed up, and temporarily got away, but they were able to easily find them based on tips from others that were being taken to jail. My roommate was actually hiding in his closet for the next hour, until he finally came out when the officers kept coming back to our dorm room.  The funny thing about how he was identified, is that we had a few whiteboards on our dorm room door, and my roommate had earlier done caricatures of each of our friends, the 'Brandt Hall Gangstaz,' and he was a pretty good artist :).

Paul/Pgmado, was this before or after you showed up as an RA on the other side of our floor? :)

This was the first weekend that I was a student on campus. It effectively crippled the Phi Sig fraternity for several years. I remember it being the front page story of The Torch. I just remember thinking "Wow, Concordia never had anything fun like this happen." I became a RA the next semester in Brandt Hall. The semester of the Brandt Hall fire that I put out.

Ah, yes.  The previous RA on your side of the floor, probably left because of us lol.  On another night, my roommate/friend (you remember who he is) ended up drunkenly urinating on his/your dorm room door.  Even worse, the RA opened the door mid-stream, and got it on his shoes.  Lots of fun stories that I could tell :).

Never heard that story, but then I lived in Alumni, where a few guys on 4West were kicked out for having a stripper in the 4th floor lobby, or so I was told. Wasn't invited, so I didn't care.

valpotx

Oh yes, that happened at Alumni Hall.  I wasn't there, but knew the folks that were tied to the incident. 
"Don't mess with Texas"