• Welcome to The Valparaiso Beacons Fan Zone Forum.

I'm Impressed By President Heckler

Started by VULB#62, April 04, 2012, 09:32:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

VULB#62

I attended VU during the O.P. Kretzman era.  That guy was amazing in how he inspired students, alumni and friends to do things beyond what was the norm.  I noticed that President Mark Heckler showed up at the Men's Soccer St. Baldrick's shave-a-thon and got his head shaved in support of the kids' cancer charity where MSO raised over $20K.  So yesterday night I get this idea to send him an email (I guessed at the email address and CCed a number of alternatives) to thank him for his leadership. And then I typed his name wrong in the damn greeting (can you say embarrassing boys and girls?).  Anyway, long story short, I actually got a reply this afternoon -- Nice message.  What I am posting is that the President of the foremost Lutheran University in the USA signed it ............. "Mark."  No affectations. No title. Just Mark.  Gotta love this guy.  He reminds me so much of OP.  I think good things are going to happen at VU in the next few years.

Just thought I'd share this with all of you.

okinawatyphoon

very nice. a couple years ago when I was an undergrad, he would hold regular open office hours with students and staff. I am definitely a fan.
Valpo '10, Valpo Admission Network
US Air Force, Sigma Phi Epsilon