• Welcome to The Valparaiso Beacons Fan Zone Forum.

Dream Come True for Valpotx

Started by jetz, August 19, 2012, 12:46:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jetz

I attended the baseball newcomer's meeting yesterday and got some great news from Coach Woodson.  He confirmed that the baseball team will fly to play games at Arizona State, Long Beach State and also spend two weeks in Florida over spring break, playing South Florida twice and others down there.  He also mentioned that he had trips lined up for 2014 to the Metrodome in Minneapolis to play the Gophers and a trip to....Texas!  He mentioned that we will indeed play the Longhorns and I believe UT-San Antonio with some others while down there.  Valpotx--you wanted it, and you got it!  Home games for you in 2014...

First official baseball practice is September 12.  8)

"How'd you like to mow my lawn?  Mmmm?  Mmmm?"--Judge Smails

valpotx

That sounds like some great games to schedule, and I love the national approach he takes in scheduling.  We also played in the Metrodome against the Gophers, which was a cool experience!

I will definitely make the trip to Austin/San Antonio to watch those games when they happen.  I can see if my friends that played/won a national championship at UT will go with me, so that I can celebrate a VU win in their backyard  ;).  There are a lot of D-1 programs in Texas, so hopefully he can get a trip to TCU/Baylor in there as well if they try to get more games on the road trip.  I think that UTSA will be in Conference USA by then as well, moving up the ranks since they added D-1 football.

"Don't mess with Texas"