• Welcome to The Valparaiso Beacons Fan Zone Forum.

Softball 2014-2015

Started by valpopal, September 19, 2014, 11:26:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

valpopal

The softball team won both ends of a doubleheader against Purdue Calumet to start the short fall schedule of games. Freshman Brenna Boyle was especially impressive in her initial game as a Crusader with 3 hits, 2 home runs, and 4 RBIs! Here is my photo of her watching her first home run as it clears the outfield fence.

valpotx

We definitely need the HR power, with the situation that led to both Stevens and Bouchard 'leaving'...
"Don't mess with Texas"

LaPorteAveApostle

I assume she's the former Andrean star?  Glad to have her aboard.
"It is so easy to be proud, harsh, moody and selfish, but we have been created for greater things; why stoop down to things that will spoil the beauty of our hearts?" Bl. Mother Teresa

valpopal

valpo64

WOW!  Brown and gold uniforms...now there's a new idea - having uniforms with the school colors!  Now if someone could explain to the respective coaches and  MLaB that brown and gold really are our school colors maybe the other sports could use them also.  At least 3 programs do, W soft ball, M soc. and football but I think that's about it.  OK, if they want to use a little lime green trim - go for it.

LaPorteAveApostle

Quote from: LaPorteAveApostle on September 20, 2014, 06:36:56 AM
I assume she's the former Andrean star?  Glad to have her aboard.
http://posttrib.suntimes.com/sports/30105311-556/valparaiso-notebook-volleyball-team-on-a-roll.html#.VCYREUvTUkE

QuoteAndrean product Brenna Boyle made the transition from high school to collegiate softball look easy.

Playing in her Valparaiso debut, Boyle launched two home runs, totaled three hits and drove in four in the opening game of a doubleheader Friday against Purdue Calumet.

"I wasn't surprised after seeing her swing it in practice a few times," coach Kate Stake said. "I was impressed with her composure, because hitting in practice and hitting in your first collegiate game are certainly different. Someone who was that quick out of the gate, I think we'll see really good things from."

The Crusaders swept the Peregrines 8-4 and 6-1. Valparaiso defeated Purdue 3-2 on Sunday before falling to Ball State 3-0 to round out to opening weekend of fall play.

You're welcome, self.
"It is so easy to be proud, harsh, moody and selfish, but we have been created for greater things; why stoop down to things that will spoil the beauty of our hearts?" Bl. Mother Teresa

bbtds

valpopal

Softball played its final two fall games today in a twin bill against Grand Valley State, and the Crusaders wore their Breast Cancer Awareness uniforms, as you can see in my photo. The team split the doubleheader, losing a tight 3-2 first game but bringing out the bats in the second game to win 10-4. Ranieri and Stewart hit long home runs, and the players looked pretty good. This should be a fine team for new coach Kate Stake to guide in her first conference season when spring arrives.