• Welcome to The Valparaiso Beacons Fan Zone Forum.

Wright State @ Valpo 2/21/15 7:05pm Senior Night @ the ARC

Started by talksalot, February 16, 2015, 07:17:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

oklahomamick

I remember a couple years ago when rowdy and company gave their speeches to the crowd.  The HL played it and allowed fans from afar to watch.  Espn 3 no such luck. 
CRUSADERS!!!

drewsaders11

Should we look on the downside that Valpo hasn't won any of their last 6 by double digits, or look on the bright side that we seem to always get it done? Peters quietly going for 17-10. 

It might be only me, but I'd rather see the refs put the whistle in their pocket more often (like tonight and vs. Mil last week) as opposed to having players on each side in foul trouble.  Your good players are able to play more of the game, and the game flows a lot more smoothly.

govalpogo

Quote from: oklahomamick on February 21, 2015, 09:09:41 PM
I remember a couple years ago when rowdy and company gave their speeches to the crowd.  The HL played it and allowed fans from far watch.  Espn 3 no such luck. 
And we missed Vashil's proposal!  Congrats to the happy couple!

LaPorteAveApostle

Quote from: govalpogo on February 21, 2015, 09:16:30 PMAnd we missed Vashil's proposal!  Congrats to the happy couple!
good thing he's the only one who does rejections
"It is so easy to be proud, harsh, moody and selfish, but we have been created for greater things; why stoop down to things that will spoil the beauty of our hearts?" Bl. Mother Teresa

HC

Vashil!!

I'd rather the refs call the game right. WSU had to play that physical and hope the refs let it go to stay in it.  Did anyone else see Benzinger hit Vashil with the elbow in the first half? Happened with less then 3 minutes to go when everyone was heading the other way. It looked like to me he elbows Vashil, very much intentionally, in the back. Maybe I was just seeing things.

agibson

Quote from: oklahomamick on February 21, 2015, 09:09:41 PM
I remember a couple years ago when rowdy and company gave their speeches to the crowd.  The HL played it and allowed fans from afar to watch.  Espn 3 no such luck. 

RIP HLN.  I thought surely WVUR would carry them, but they came back from commercial in the middle of Vashil's, and Todd and company talked over him.  Maybe we'll get it like we sometimes get presser videos?

agibson

Quote from: LaPorteAveApostle on February 21, 2015, 09:01:24 PM
Quick let's look at the negative:  Anyone else worried about Tevonn?  Didn't seem his normal self.   Hoping he's ok--there was speculation of an ankle injury.

Was glad he at least came back in.  He was very gun shy though, passing up probably three decent looks on one possession late.  Hopefully he has no trouble shaking it off.  Could have used his usual production in the first 30 mins .

oklahomamick

We can expect all the fouling in the CSU game as well.  Nice warm up for it. 
CRUSADERS!!!

agibson

Quote from: oklahomamick on February 21, 2015, 09:07:57 PM
Why didn't Vashil come back in? 

We were chanting for him - but only after Chadwick got back in.  And not for as long or as intently.

Vashil did stand up once without about 10 s left, like he was going to reenter, but then sat back down.  I'd actually basically given up by that point, seemed like it wasn't going to happen.

I really don't know why else Donlon called the TO with , was it 5 s left?  WSU had pretty much given up by then, sone pressure but not fouling.

HC

Donlon is the real life version of Mary Catherine Gallagher on the sidelines.

historyman

Quote from: valpotx on February 21, 2015, 06:18:37 PMI read a tweet that said Hopkins has his warm-ups on, as well as another guy that has been injured.  We can't take this game lightly.

Not surprising since Hopkins played against Oakland. He might have not played due to injury in their previous game.
"We must stand aside from the world's conspiracy of fear and hate and grasp once more the great monosyllables of life: faith, hope, and love. Men must live by these if they live at all under the crushing weight of history." Otto Paul "John" Kretzmann

gamelord

Quote from: HC on February 21, 2015, 09:59:16 PM
[/quote
Quote from: HC on February 21, 2015, 09:59:16 PM

That was funny when he fell on and moved the scorers table.

HC

Right! Then he always stands there with his arms crossed and hands under his pits!!

historyman

As far as Tavonn I thought he must have been ill or something because he never tried to drive the lane. Even when he was given room to drive he passed the ball off. He certainly took his opportunities when he was given them against Milwaukee. Up till tonight Tavonn had showed no fear against driving the lane.

Tavonn must have some kind of fortune telling glass ball. He knew when this game was covered by the tarp. I thought we had it tarped by the time we were up by 11 points. That tarp wasn't completely tied down until the very last minute.
"We must stand aside from the world's conspiracy of fear and hate and grasp once more the great monosyllables of life: faith, hope, and love. Men must live by these if they live at all under the crushing weight of history." Otto Paul "John" Kretzmann

historyman

Was that the same Terry Wymer who was ref at the Oakland game and first "T" ed-up" Bryce at Oakland that was an official at tonight's game? Pretty interesting that he made so few calls after the 24 FT game for Felder. I have a feeling that game was like a shot heard round the NCAA in the officials' world.

chef

Terry Wymer did not officiate tonight's game at Valpo, but he did officiate last year's national championship game.

a3uge

nkvu

ValpoFan

Any one knows what was Bryce Teed for? what was he complaining about?

bbtds

Quote from: ValpoFan on February 22, 2015, 12:12:24 AM

The Tech happened right after Skara was sent out of bounds into the Raider bench after David shot a three. Bryce must have been convinced that Skara had been fouled or some Valpo player had been fouled.

valpopal

When the ARC is packed, the atmosphere is energetic!  :thumbsup:

valpopal

Quote from: bbtds on February 22, 2015, 01:54:23 AM

The Tech happened right after Skara was sent out of bounds into the Raider bench after David shot a three. Bryce must have been convinced that Skara had been fouled or some Valpo player had been fouled.

Here is my photo at the moment of contact on Skara during his shot, followed by three images of Bryce's reaction:

humbleopinion

Quote from: bbtds on February 22, 2015, 01:54:23 AM

Bryce was outraged by the lack of calls in general, but he pointed out  the no-call on Skara and the play before.  He was shouting "That's two!"
Beamin' Beacons

talksalot

The play before, Alec's elbow was hit as he took a shot inside the lane and the ball ticked off the front of the rim.  But I think Bryce was upset because he and the official had the same angle on Skara's shot...and the photo evidence speaks volumes.   

Smj

I am usually okay with fewer foul calls but if it affects a shot I think it should be called.    AND the reason Bryce was upset - is easy to see.    There were a bunch of no calls on our shots.    Alec got hit on almost every shot he took in the first half.    The pervious four times down before the tech call Alec missed inside shots because they were pushing him around while he was shooting. 

Again - our league just seems inconsistent on how they will officiate a game.    However in this game at least they were consistent for "the entire game"...   Some games it seems like nothing is called all game and then the last 5 minutes the zebras call 20 fouls.