• Welcome to The Valparaiso Beacons Fan Zone Forum.

N. Iowa vs W. Virginia

Started by Just Sayin, November 26, 2019, 09:18:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Just Sayin

Northern Iowa looks pretty good. They are ahead of WVA by 11 with 8 minutes left.

bbtds

Quote from: Just Sayin on November 26, 2019, 09:18:23 PM
Northern Iowa looks pretty good. They are ahead of WVA by 11 with 8 minutes left.

FINAL WVU 60, UNI 55

West Virginia (5-0) went on a go-ahead 18-4 run over a 6:27 stretch to take its first lead of the second half on a Miles McBride 3-pointer with 3 minutes remaining. UNI (6-1) briefly regained an edge, 53-51, on Trae Berhow's corner 3-point response and took a 55-53 lead when Justin Dahl put back a rebound with 1:27 to play. Dahl fouled out with 1:02 remaining and joined Austin Phyfe, who fouled out with 1:57 left, on the bench.

Trailing by one with 16 seconds on the clock, West Virginia took the lead for good when Emmitt Matthews Jr. tipped in an offensive rebound.
Further complicating matters for UNI, Spencer Haldeman was assessed a flagrant-1 for undercutting Matthews Jr. in the air on the play.

West Virginia went up 58-55 after a free throw from the flagrant call, in addition to one of two made free throws on the ensuing entry pass foul. UNI's AJ Green then drove the length of the floor and missed a 2-pointer in the lane before McBride set the final score at the line as part of his game-high 18 points.

Just Sayin

bbtds

Quote from: Just Sayin on November 27, 2019, 10:58:49 AM
I think I jinxed them.

UNI-versal thinking, I'm sure by Panther fans, who read this board.  ;D