• Welcome to The Valparaiso Beacons Fan Zone Forum.

2021-2022 Schedule

Started by VUGrad1314, April 16, 2021, 09:58:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

valpo64

Get your facts straight, VU grad.  While our steps have not been great, I think we have improved in MVC basketball every year since we joined the Conference.  I will say that I too am disappointed that we haven't made greater strides in MVC play.

wh

Quote from: vu72 on November 01, 2021, 08:38:59 PM
For those of you who questioned scheduling two D2 (full scholarship) teams to start the season--Two teams ranked in the top 20 of D2 by the way... Get a load of this!!

I was surfing around after watching our Volleyball team beat UNI and came across the mighty Longhorn's game--yes, that Longhorn team--The University of Texas.  Who are they playing tonight? Texas Lutheran University  ???. For those not in the know, TLU isn't D2, they are D3!!! When their coach was asked about how good his team is, he responded-"not really sure, we have only been practicing for two weeks"  That would include no summer workouts and all the practice time D3's are allowed.  Texas, with 8 seniors, was up 27 at half.   :rotfl:

Also in that neck of the woods:

No. 15/16 Arkansas Wins Exhibition Vs East Central, 77-74
MIKE CAWOOD
October 24, 2021

FAYETTEVILLE – Arkansas, down 14 with 11 minutes to go, needed a 20-4 run and clutch free throws from Davonte Davis, Chris Lykes and JD Notae inside the final minute to pull out a 77-74 exhibition win over East Central University Sunday afternoon at Bud Walton Arena.

East Central was picked to finish last in the 12-team, D-2 Great American Conference.

https://arkansasrazorbacks.com/arkansas-wins-exhibition-vs-east-central-77-74/