• Welcome to The Valparaiso Beacons Fan Zone Forum.

Senior Day at Brown Field vs. Campbell (Valpo wins 34-31!)

Started by covufan, November 11, 2011, 05:11:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

covufan

Not many positives as we near the end of the season.  I think hope we'll play a competitive game through three quarters, falling in the fourth.

Valpo  -  21
Campbell  - 35

valpotx

"Don't mess with Texas"

bbtds

cornonthe

milanmiracle

I am ususally a glass half empty kind of guy, but I really do feel for the seniors. This has to be a very bittersweet day for them on many levels. They've endured a lot over their careers, won one game in last three years, suffered through a coaching change and had limited support from the fans. What they've had to endure and go through I wouldn't wish on anybody. For that I thank them and wish them the best in their future endeavors whatever that might be.
"Tragedy is losing 86-7 and then having ESPN calling the press box and asking if the score is actually correct." - pgmado

milanmiracle

Quote from: covufan on November 11, 2011, 05:11:20 PM
Not many positives as we near the end of the season...

I think that is the positive...the end of the season. (kidding, sort of)
"Tragedy is losing 86-7 and then having ESPN calling the press box and asking if the score is actually correct." - pgmado

agibson

Quote from: covufan on November 11, 2011, 05:11:20 PM
Not many positives as we near the end of the season.  I think hope we'll play a competitive game through three quarters, falling in the fourth.

I just flipped it on at half time, from the office.  Apparently it's been competitive so far!  Valpo 13-10, at the half.

valporun

Campbell capitalized on a Valpo turnover to take the early 7-0 lead, then Valpo converted a couple of scoring drives, which has been good, but it has been a lot of trying to get the ball moving, and that's about it.

valporun

A 2-possession lead for Valpo. Yes, I know I used a basketball term for our football team, but it is a surprise. 19-10 Valpo LEADS!!!

agibson

A 96-yard drive for Campbell?  First down converted from 2nd and 26.  19-17.

agibson

Campbell with 4th and 26.  If Valpo can get this stop, they should win.  1:30 to play.  Valpo 34-31.

agibson

34-31 Valpo!  On Senior Day!  35 point underdogs.  Sportscenter, here we come?

valporun

Quote from: agibson on November 12, 2011, 03:34:43 PM
34-31 Valpo!  On Senior Day!  35 point underdogs.  Sportscenter, here we come?

ESPN might be calling the press box to make sure this score is right....

valpotx

Great job team, way to prove us all wrong and end a terrible streak!  Now let's start a streak in the other direction. 

It was cool getting to watch online.  Have we been running this option pass offense all year?  It seemed really effective against Campbell, as their D had no clue what was going to happen.
"Don't mess with Texas"

grad66

So can it be, #246 drops a team 5-2 in the conference?  Congrats to all the team!!!.  Nice way for the seniors to end up..
35 point under dogs, whoa somebody made a bundle on that bet....

valpopal

Congratulations to the football team! Not only was today senior day, but it was also Visit Day on campus, which I am told was filled to capacity with high school students and their families. I hope some of them got to enjoy the game as well.

VULB#62

The big story is how the kids kept coming back, and back and back.

swiftmutiny

This was the most exciting game I've watched in a long time. The players walked onto Brown Field with an attitude today on Senior Day, and it really showed. Hard fought and well won football game, congratulations to all our players and especially our seniors!

bbtds

Congratulations Seniors and to the whole football team. I am really happy for them!

vu72

Whoopi!!!!!!! (if that's how you spell it!)  Great win!!   :thewave:  I only got to watch the first have and was pleasantly surprised that we had the lead, 13-10.  I think that's the first lead at half all year!  Way to grind it out!

So, should we fire Carlson now, or wait till the end of the year???   ;)
Season Results: CBI/CIT: 2008, 2011, 2014  NIT: 2003,2012, 2016(Championship Game) 2017   NCAA: 1962,1966,1967,1969,1973,1996,1997,1998 (Sweet Sixteen),1999, 2000, 2002, 2004, 2013 and 2015

78crusader

I have said for two years now that Coach Carlson is the right man for this job.  Today's win is the first of many for his program.  As setshot would say: Book it!

Paul

rink

Quote from: agibson on November 12, 2011, 03:31:54 PM
4th and 26

Those words equal heart attack moment for any Packers fan following this thread!  (http:// en.wikipedia.org/ wiki/ 4th_and_26)

Great win for the seniors, the underclassmen, and the University.  Part of me wants to say, "about **** time", but that goes without saying.  For the first time in what feels like an eternity, our place in the ESPN ticker is something positive.  Thank God!

I have a close family member who's on the team as a freshman, I'll be very curious to hear his take on what the environment was like following the win.  Up until today, I just planned to ignore Valpo football when talking to him at Thanksgiving and Christmas!

new2ff

I am very happy for these young men [ especially the srs. ] & coaches,the support given them has not exactly been positive. It takes time to rebuild & I do think that has been required of many Valpo coaches. Anyhow, great win & hope this is first of many more.

setshot

Finally! Hopefully we can make it two in a row. If so,keep the coach. If not: drop football. BEAT DAVIDSON! Congratulations! :thumbsup:

bbtds

Quote from: rink on November 12, 2011, 07:52:16 PM
Quote from: agibson on November 12, 2011, 03:31:54 PM
4th and 26

Those words equal heart attack moment for any Packers fan following this thread!  (http:// en.wikipedia.org/ wiki/ 4th_and_26)

Great win for the seniors, the underclassmen, and the University.  Part of me wants to say, "about **** time", but that goes without saying.  For the first time in what feels like an eternity, our place in the ESPN ticker is something positive.  Thank God!

I have a close family member who's on the team as a freshman, I'll be very curious to hear his take on what the environment was like following the win.  Up until today, I just planned to ignore Valpo football when talking to him at Thanksgiving and Christmas!

Personally I think you should have to print all the negative comments you have ever posted on this board and eat THEM for your Thanksgiving meal in front of your freshman family member on the Valpo football team. That to me seems like poetic justice.