• Welcome to The Valparaiso Beacons Fan Zone Forum.

Week 3 Dartmouth

Started by valpofb16, September 11, 2021, 08:14:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

valpofb16

Week 3 at home against Dartmouth.

For record we were missing Maxwell, Peifer, Orekoya last game

Defense shows up , offense struggles

34-3 Dartmouth

valpotx

"Don't mess with Texas"

usc4valpo

valpofb16

Hard fought game, think IWU took us by storm, NDSU was what it was, today the team found their level.

Was great to see Washington and the defense have success. We just played an Ivy League champ down to the wire.

Proud of the guys think if they have this effort we will put away Butler, Marist, Presbyterian.

bbtds

It was my first live football game in 2 years, and I guess it was Dartmouth's first game since the 2019-2020 season and it showed in the first quarter.

FIRST DOWN BEACONS!!!!

doesn't have the same uummphf that

FIRST DOWN CRUUUUSADERS!!!

used to have.

usc4valpo

Nice effort by the Beacos against a good Ivy League team. Now it's time to win in the Pio.

valpotx

Dartmouth appears to be one of the top Ivy League teams again this year
"Don't mess with Texas"

usc4valpo

Dartmouth seems to have a decent coaching staff to compete in the Ivy League.

vu72

We sometimes lament the lack of support for our athletic teams so I thought I would post something I found interesting.  One of my granddaughters is a student at Fordham. For those not up to date on A-10 schools, Fordham is located in New York City. They have about 16,000 students.  Yesterday was their homecoming and they played Wagner, a Lutheran college also located in the New York City area. 

Fordham's box score shows the attendance at the game was 3258 and no, it wasn't raining and the temp was 66.  Little Valpo, not exactly located in a major metropolis, drew 3079 for her homecoming game and it wasn't because Marist brought a bunch of fans. That tells me a lot about the loyalty and fond memories alumni have for their time at Valpo and no doubt, if we weren't in an pandemic, the alumni turnout would have been even better.
Season Results: CBI/CIT: 2008, 2011, 2014  NIT: 2003,2012, 2016(Championship Game) 2017   NCAA: 1962,1966,1967,1969,1973,1996,1997,1998 (Sweet Sixteen),1999, 2000, 2002, 2004, 2013 and 2015

David81

Quote from: vu72 on October 10, 2021, 02:18:01 PM
We sometimes lament the lack of support for our athletic teams so I thought I would post something I found interesting.  One of my granddaughters is a student at Fordham. For those not up to date on A-10 schools, Fordham is located in New York City. They have about 16,000 students.  Yesterday was their homecoming and they played Wagner, a Lutheran college also located in the New York City area. 

Fordham's box score shows the attendance at the game was 3258 and no, it wasn't raining and the temp was 66.  Little Valpo, not exactly located in a major metropolis, drew 3079 for her homecoming game and it wasn't because Marist brought a bunch of fans. That tells me a lot about the loyalty and fond memories alumni have for their time at Valpo and no doubt, if we weren't in an pandemic, the alumni turnout would have been even better.

It has been a loooooong time since college football had much of a following in NYC, even among its alums. I mean going back to the 20s, 30s, and 40s, when Fordham, Columbia, and NYU fielded some pretty good teams and played in venues like Yankee Stadium. During the time I lived in New York (1982-94), college football was pretty invisible.

If VU could just start putting together a string of decent seasons, I bet football could draw bigger crowds. You don't need a fancy stadium if the team is fun to watch.

valpotx

Winning does bring the fans to Valpo Football.  During our 2 PFL championship seasons while I was on campus, the stands were routinely full.
"Don't mess with Texas"