• Welcome to The Valparaiso Beacons Fan Zone Forum.

Bucknell football start

Started by valpofb16, September 28, 2021, 08:03:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

valpofb16

Bucknell has been outscored 9-106 this year, wth 80% of their staff former Valpo coaches

NotBryceDrew

It's should be noted that they have played: Sacred Heart, Villanova, and Penn.

All of which are much more premier football teams and/ or institutions.

JD24

If you think in this fashion it would go like this....which may or may not mean anything. Sacred Heart opened up a can of whoop ass on Bucknell, Dartmouth was in a competitive game vs. Valparaiso and their Beacons. Dartmouth opened up a can of whoop ass on Sacred Heart.

It's not just the losses, it's the lack of competitiveness that would be concerning if I were a Bucknell fan.

valpofb16

Still early but I think we actually won Cecchini/Fox swap

JD24

Apparently Bucknell is playing without their starting QB and are down to their 3rd or 4th RB with a couple of assorted other injuries on the offense as well.

usc4valpo

Cecchini did a decent job at Valpo having to inherit a complete dump truck. He was Pioneer Coach of the Year once which for Valpo is a major accomplishment. I think Fox doing well but the jury is still out.

my concern is Valpo's long term commitment to football success or if they want to use the program as a cash cow to bring in students.

JD24

Quote from: valpofb16 on September 30, 2021, 09:48:35 AMStill early but I think we actually won Cecchini/Fox swap
What may have worked is Cecchini's offense with Fox's defense. Despite Bucknell's current issues I think Cecchini's offense is better than Limbach's.

valpotx

"Don't mess with Texas"

IndyValpo

The good news for him is they have probably the three weakest conference teams besides themselves (Colgate, Georgetown and Lehigh) remaining plus Marist. So perhaps he can turn this around. It does look bleak, however.

David81

This grass has not been greener for him. Wonder how things would've played out had he stayed.

Though for VU's sake, it appears the right guy is in place right now.

valpofb16

Having played for Cecchini, I can say he is an intelligent offensive mind.

However he is only recruiting freshman in todays transfer portal world. Most of the teams they are playing against have real D1 scholarship bounce backs.

He also has not been able to keep the opponent score down consistently in 8 years.

He would be a fine-good OC in a lot of places. I think the move was to be closer to home more than dream job.

Hopefully him and Tammy land on feet

IndyValpo

Bucknell finished 3-8 winning the final games at home against Marist 24-13. They also beat Georgetown which I don't believe gives scholarships.

Not sure he can survive a 9-28 record.

IndyValpo

Looks like he survived just had to sacrifice a couple of assistants including Jason Miran the OC who was here with him.

NotBryceDrew

Sacrifice lol, you mean make the decision he should have made 6 years ago.

NWIGuy

Noticed that with the firing of Miran, the only assistant still with Cecchini who was also with him at Valpo is Giacalone (OL). Very hard to be successful if you can't keep a core of coaches with you. Miran likely offered up as a sacrificial lamb as Cecchini tries to keep his job. May still not be enough.