• Welcome to The Valparaiso Beacons Fan Zone Forum.

Valpo vs Bradley 1/26 6pm at the ARC

Started by humbleopinion, January 26, 2022, 07:19:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

vok22

I am beginning to even turn on Krikke a bit. Very skilled down low and almost automatic from midrange. However, he isn't athletic, cant defend without fouling, and cant rebound. As good as he is, I can't help but think that having a really good rebounding and defensive center would be better for our win total. You cant have him step outside cause he can't shoot there and isn't particularly agile, but he cant bang with the bigger and stronger centers. I think what we have been missing just as much as a go to scorer, is a Vashil type player. As I am typing this, Mast has dunked on him twice.

Chairback

At least we get to watch some good dunks. 

NativeCheesehead

There were less uncontested dunks when the Globetrotters were here last week.

vok22

I have to say, that is the first time I've seen an inbounds play in which nobody moves. At all.

hailcrusaders

Barring a late run, disappointing to see us get wiped off our own floor by a mediocre and beatable opponent. Injuries or no, I was hoping for better.
#CrusadersForever

nkvu

Only stuck around to see if Taylor can get a three.

At the buzzer! Yes!

One good thing tonight.

The only one.

oklahomamick

At least tell me Wardle fell on some ice.
CRUSADERS!!!

oklahomamick

The bright side is we play Evansville and Indiana State next.  Very winnable games and then we are only 1 game from .500.
CRUSADERS!!!

IndyEIT777

Quote from: oklahomamick on January 26, 2022, 07:45:31 PM
The bright side is we play Evansville and Indiana State next.  Very winnable games and then we are only 1 game from .500.

We have to play at SIU before those two games, but if we play like this, we won't beat anybody.

covufan

Quote from: AlaskaCrusader19 on January 26, 2022, 07:04:50 PM
It's sad seeing the ARC this empty. It's a Wednesday night early on in the semester with hardly any students at the game a nearly empty upper deck. Matt Lottich has made it incredibly easy for fans to be apathetic.
I seem to recall a time, most likely the Smith era, where they routinely had the upper deck closed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

oklahomamick

Agree it's sad its so empty.  I'm just glad I went to Valpo when we were good and the ARC was full.  Wish I was on campus during the NIT run but nonetheless I was there during conference championships.  My freshman year my roommate and I drove to Ft. Wayne to watch the Championship.  Prior to my freshman year, I was on campus for a recruit visit during Midnight Madness.  It was packed for Midnight Madness and was a great experience for me. 
CRUSADERS!!!

valpopal

Quote from: covufan on January 26, 2022, 07:51:03 PM
It's sad seeing the ARC this empty. It's a Wednesday night early on in the semester with hardly any students at the game a nearly empty upper deck. Matt Lottich has made it incredibly easy for fans to be apathetic.
I seem to recall a time, most likely the Smith era, where they routinely had the upper deck closed.
I remember when Bryce once commented that he knew Homer had turned the program around when they were forced to open the upper deck in every game to accommodate crowds. Maybe it is time to close the curtains again.

Just Sayin

Quote from: oklahomamick on January 26, 2022, 07:45:31 PM

The new rallying cry for Valpo going forward.

The Beacons. Embrace mediocrity. Not everyone can be a champion.

Just Sayin

This team is simply not fun to watch or root for.
There are so many fantastic college basketball teams to watch play. And Valpo isn't one of them.
Back to watching the Valpo game scores a few times during the game. There are better more exciting games to watch on TV.
No more wasting my time with this pathetic team.

Enjoy.

justducky

Quote from: AlaskaCrusader19 on January 26, 2022, 07:04:50 PMMatt Lottich has made it incredibly easy for fans to be apathetic.

The players are looking as apathetic as the fans. To be honest I can no longer see any clear path moving forward. Will any fans or players show up for Evansville? I've already written the SIU game off.

oklahomamick

Remember when everyone was excited to be hosting teams like Bradley and Evansville as opposed to youngstown state.  Now that we have those teams coming to the ARC, we don't have a team.  I don't enjoy watching the style (if you can say that) of this team.  It really doesn't feel like there is any team chemistry or a common goal on offense. 
CRUSADERS!!!

NativeCheesehead

The good news in this mess is that we're going to find out very quickly whether our new President is truly on board with athletics or if he's all talk like the last one. If he's serious, he'll find the money to buy out Lottich AND fund a search committee to find his replacement. 

Words are wind. Action is more important.

Old Timer

Just watching player introductions we seemed like we were emotionally drained and attending a funeral. A positive  and emotional pre game routine does not automatically translate into a competitive performance. However, we never got out of the funk and our play was obviously sub par. Something was definitely wrong.

valpotx

Quote from: oklahomamick on January 26, 2022, 07:55:00 PM
Agree it's sad its so empty.  I'm just glad I went to Valpo when we were good and the ARC was full.  Wish I was on campus during the NIT run but nonetheless I was there during conference championships.  My freshman year my roommate and I drove to Ft. Wayne to watch the Championship.  Prior to my freshman year, I was on campus for a recruit visit during Midnight Madness.  It was packed for Midnight Madness and was a great experience for me. 

It's so odd that we never ran into each other on campus, especially since my friends and I occasionally hung out with several of the same floor Men's Soccer players my FR year in Brandt (Flugstad & I forget his name, but he was around 6'3" and a bald/shaved head Defender; Billy?).  Was this the Southern Utah game?  There were only so many of us students that attended that game in Fort Wayne, and we were all in the same general area, unless you sat somewhere else.  In my youthful exuberance, you can still probably hear me yelling, 'F**k you Jeff Monaco,' on the ESPN broadcast lol :).

I am choosing to reminisce about my time on campus, versus comment on that terrible clunker.  No effort...
"Don't mess with Texas"

Valpo89

I'm glad I stayed home. From what I could see on TV, I wasn't the only one.
I was able to start watching an episode of Ozark earlier. Much more entertaining than Beacon basketball.

humbleopinion

Quote from: Valpo89 on January 27, 2022, 06:54:26 AMI was able to start watching an episode of Ozark earlier.

You missed Kevion's last second three-pointer, which was the highlight of the game for Valpo fans
Beamin' Beacons

vu72

No worries!  We've got VOLLEYBALL!  The last two volleyball games drew more than were at last nights game.  Sad, to be sure.
Season Results: CBI/CIT: 2008, 2011, 2014  NIT: 2003,2012, 2016(Championship Game) 2017   NCAA: 1962,1966,1967,1969,1973,1996,1997,1998 (Sweet Sixteen),1999, 2000, 2002, 2004, 2013 and 2015

usc4valpo

I am presuming an MVC game drawing only 1200 fans is not acceptable to the Valpo suitors and that something has to be done. And by saying that it is more than just replacing a coach.

Valpo will lose more in the long term staying status quo than eating some salary in whatever areas and breaking a few eggs to make a better omelet.

Please Valpo, quit being so damn reactive in decision making...

Old Timer

Taylor 40 minutes and 1 of 9 from three point land. When was the last time we saw a 40 minute game from a ML player?