• Welcome to The Valparaiso Beacons Fan Zone Forum.

Valpo vs Bradley 1/26 6pm at the ARC

Started by humbleopinion, January 26, 2022, 07:19:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

oklahomamick

Was Lottich Alec's guy?  That was his pick?
CRUSADERS!!!

valpotx

If Valpo moved to D-2 or D-3, it would be a death for the university.  It isn't an MIT or other top tier school, that can live off academic reputation alone.
"Don't mess with Texas"

DuneHwx

Step away and think about what you just wrote. Take two deep breaths and walk away for a minute.

No, they should not go to D2. Yes, they are a middle of the pack D1 program this year. No, it is not up to your expectations but that's ok. It's not like they have lost every game by 50 and it's also not like they are the only team on campus. Lots of places are having trouble drawing big crowds, don't forget there's still a pandemic going on. This includes Power 5 programs. It's going to take time to return fans to pre-pandemic routines.

Be disappointed, but the world is not ending.

vu72

Quote from: DuneHwx on January 28, 2022, 04:16:58 PM
Step away and think about what you just wrote. Take two deep breaths and walk away for a minute.

No, they should not go to D2. Yes, they are a middle of the pack D1 program this year. No, it is not up to your expectations but that's ok. It's not like they have lost every game by 50 and it's also not like they are the only team on campus. Lots of places are having trouble drawing big crowds, don't forget there's still a pandemic going on. This includes Power 5 programs. It's going to take time to return fans to pre-pandemic routines.

Be disappointed, but the world is not ending.

Some sanity!  How refreshing.
Season Results: CBI/CIT: 2008, 2011, 2014  NIT: 2003,2012, 2016(Championship Game) 2017   NCAA: 1962,1966,1967,1969,1973,1996,1997,1998 (Sweet Sixteen),1999, 2000, 2002, 2004, 2013 and 2015

VALPO LI

Could be worse....we could be Purple Aces fans.
Shine on Vu

oklahomamick

World might not be ending.........But seems like the glory days of Valpo basketball are.

It's not too much to ask to avoid the PIG game in St. Louis.  Just once......
CRUSADERS!!!

vok22

Quote from: oklahomamick on January 28, 2022, 08:30:51 PM
World might not be ending.........But seems like the glory days of Valpo basketball are.

It's not too much to ask to avoid the PIG game in St. Louis.  Just once......

While I am anti Lottich...didnt we avoid it literally last season ?

oklahomamick

My apologolies.  Last year we avoided the Thursday game by beating out N. Iowa on the second tie breaker.  It was the only time in Lottich's career to avoid the Thursday game so you can see how I made the mistake.  To be fair in 2020 we lost the second tie breaker and would have been the 6th seed and avoided the Thursday game.

2021 - 6th seed
2020 -  7th seed  Thursday
2019 -  9th seed  Thursday
2018 -  10 seed   Thursday

I see the progression.....This is why some of you are still holding on the Lottich kool-aid.   
CRUSADERS!!!

Just Sayin

Success for Valpo is now avoiding Thursday. A lofty goal to be sure.