• Welcome to The Valparaiso Beacons Fan Zone Forum.

The Victory Bell

Started by Pgmado, February 16, 2022, 10:55:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NotBryceDrew

@Paul what are these "enhancements to athletic facilities" alluded to in the last article?

Pgmado

Quote from: NotBryceDrew on August 22, 2022, 11:03:40 PM
@Paul what are these "enhancements to athletic facilities" alluded to in the last article?

They've been building out the area in front of Brown Field for the last couple weeks. Some improvements to the front of the stadium with new sidewalks and a better entrance area from the looks of it. Nothing earth shattering, but some needed sprucing up to say the least. This, coupled with the tailgate information from earlier today, shows they're putting some thought into the fan experience at Brown Field.

NotBryceDrew

Love to to hear that, can't wait for the updates/ pictures!

VU2014

Paul, any chance of USH making a comeback this season? Love the podcast format. I know have a lot on your plate with The Victory Bell. Really hoping USH makes a comeback.

NotBryceDrew

I'm not sure I've ever seen Union Street Hoops initialized. Really had to think on what USH was for a minute.

Pgmado

Debating the right format for it. USH was hosted on Apple Pods through NWI.com. While it was "my" podcast, it made it to Apple Pods and everything else through the previous relationship. I can host a pod through Substack, but I also want to make sure it gets out in the other forums. Planning on having something back by basketball season, if not sooner.

valpotx

Quote from: Pgmado on August 27, 2022, 07:14:07 PM
Debating the right format for it. USH was hosted on Apple Pods through NWI.com. While it was "my" podcast, it made it to Apple Pods and everything else through the previous relationship. I can host a pod through Substack, but I also want to make sure it gets out in the other forums. Planning on having something back by basketball season, if not sooner.

Apple and Spotify suck ;).  Not sure how it directly compares with Substack, but I know that Simplecast probably would be a comparison for you to look into for distribution and analytics.
"Don't mess with Texas"

tjjvalpo

I'm really glad I got the year subscription to The Victory Bell. I really enjoyed the last few articles that were posted on VU football. Thanks Paul! You're filling a huge void that was created when Times decided not to cover VU Sports.

VU2014

Quote from: Pgmado on August 27, 2022, 07:14:07 PM

Looking forward to it! Hard to believe Summer is already over and the Season is fast approaching.

VALPO LI

Shine on Vu

valpotx

Very cool.  Any reason that the first year elsewhere was not mentioned?  I don't remember where you went, PO, but was the plan always to make it to Valpo and that was just a stopgap? 
"Don't mess with Texas"

Pgmado

Quote from: valpotx on October 22, 2022, 07:30:53 PM
Very cool.  Any reason that the first year elsewhere was not mentioned?  I don't remember where you went, PO, but was the plan always to make it to Valpo and that was just a stopgap? 

I went to Concordia Wisconsin my first year. They gave me $10,000 off tuition because I told them I'd be a Lutheran high school teacher. That was actually my plan at first, to be a history teacher. I knew very quickly I wasn't in the right place. A close friend from high school went to Valpo and I visited him in January of 1999. Went to a basketball game and a fraternity party. Then on Sunday we went to Berg for waffles. WVUR was broadcasting live from Berg and I thought they were the coolest guys ever. I wanted to be part of that. Made my decision pretty soon after that. The Bryce thing was very real in my mind. Got involved covering sports at Concordia, but sports didn't really matter there. I credit the school because they've put a lot of effort into their athletics programs now. I found my home.

Pgmado

Having some holiday fun at The Victory Bell for the next two weeks with the 12 Days of Victory Bell giveaway. If you're a paid subscriber, you're eligible to win a couple of times already for the daily prizes. Winners are then eligible for the grand prize. If you become a yearly subscriber or gift a yearly subscription to someone in the next two weeks, you're eligible for the grand prize drawing, which is an autographed Homer/Bryce "Winning" poster. Thanks for all your support.

https://www.thevictorybell.com/p/12-days-of-victory-bell-giveaway