• Welcome to The Valparaiso Beacons Fan Zone Forum.

Regular season finale at Bradley 2/26 7pm

Started by humbleopinion, February 26, 2022, 03:48:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

humbleopinion

The results of this game will have no impact on the seedings for Arch Madness.  i would guess that Kithier and Ruedinger will be given the night off to rest.  I wonder how many Bradley players will be given a rest as well.

Bradley embarrassed us in the first outing.  i hope that the team wants to avenge that debacle.
Beamin' Beacons

JD24

Quote from: humbleopinion on February 26, 2022, 03:48:05 PMThe results of this game will have no impact on the seedings for Arch Madness.  i would guess that Kithier and Ruedinger will be given the night off to rest.  I wonder how many Bradley players will be given a rest as well. Bradley embarrassed us in the first outing.  i hope that the team wants to avenge that debacle.
Has anyone seen Ruedinger moving around? I haven't seen anything since the game he injured himself and it looked like a pretty bad injury. If it was an ankle, it was a bad sprain unlikely to heal in a couple of weeks.

Secondly...who'd have thought that Preston Ruedinger's availability was going to be a concern this season?

usc4valpo

This upcoming offseason will be interesting

AB

Will be an interesting off season. All bets are off. The press conference after the most recent Evansville game, the players appeared to have good chemistry with the head coach. Take that with a grain of salt. Should almost be a thread created. Over under 3 transfers this offseason?. Where has Connor Barrett been? Witness protection? Meaningless game tonight except to work on refining offensive and defensive sets for both teams. Unsure how motivated either team will be.

Chairback

I've come to the realization that the off-season can't get any worse than the last 3 years.  If a mass of players leave we have already been through that and that's the norm for us.  Usually past history will predict the future so we should expect a ton of transfers out.  I just worry that the current transfers that came in see it didn't work so future transfers will shy away from us.   

Not sure what poster wrote this but they put it perfectly: valpo had a lot of transfers before it came cool.

VU2014

Out Coached... it used to be the other way around when playing Brian Wardle...

VUSWIM08-12

Chairback

I've run out of things to say. 

Matt has to go. 

Valpo89

There have been a lot of embarrassments over the last season, years ... add this one to the list. Top of the list maybe?

valpolaw

13 points at half has to be a record low. Just embarrassing

justducky

Quote from: Chairback on February 26, 2022, 07:47:34 PMI've run out of things to say.

I'm also done.

But it gets worse. If we do beat Evansville then we get MSU. No chance.  :'(  I have never had a team and coach disappoint me more.

usc4valpo

The frugal Beacers will not bag Lottich this year. Fricking embarrassing.

valporun

How many injuries are we supposed to struggle with? Yes, I could see a few transfers, but what I do expect is that Lottich will stick out the contract. I can't imagine Valpo buying out Lottich, when they are struggling to get money coming in, now that Covid isn't as financially draining as it was a year ago. Who do you think will transfer with certainty?

oklahomamick

1.  It was me who said players transferring out of valpo before transferring was cool.  I stand by it. 

2.  Disappointment only happens when you have different expectations than the outcome.  Probably been disappointed for 6 years now. So shame on you.

3.  Matt's motion offense is laughable.

4.  Over/under 3 transfers?  Has it ever been under 3 the last 6 years?

5.  Tex, please tell me you don't still support Lottich.  Even wh and vu72 have finally come to releasation and left the denial house. 
CRUSADERS!!!

justducky

Quote from: oklahomamick on February 26, 2022, 08:20:14 PM4.  Over/under 3 transfers?  Has it ever been under 3 the last 6 years?

Hmmm.  Will more coaches return than players? Will more coaches return than fans?

VU2014

valpotx

If we have several guys looking to leave again, it is on them, just as much as it is on the coach.  They are the ones losing, along with the coach.  Might as well do a complete reset. 
"Don't mess with Texas"

VU2014

Quote from: valpotx on February 27, 2022, 12:37:06 AM
If we have several guys looking to leave again, it is on them, just as much as it is on the coach.  They are the ones losing, along with the coach.  Might as well do a complete reset. 

If we're going to do a reset for the 3rd or 4th time in the Lottich era, that's a clear sign Lottich has overstayed his welcome. Unfortunately we're not going to get that this offseason and maybe not even until after the 2025 season because Valpo is too cheap buy out Lottich from his contract and Mark LaBarbera's mistake.

valpolaw

Lottich is doing irreparable harm to the program. Keeping him around will cost more long term than it would short term to show him the door. I still can't fathom there not being some out for the university in the contract. If my memory is right, he got the extension when many of us thought he shouldn't even be extended and should've been let go then. I would hope the university included an out in the contract to use in the event things kept going south

Chairback

"Bradley may have the best homecourt advantage in the conference," Valparaiso coach Matt Lottich said. "They have a rabid fan base and they were into it tonight on Senior Night. With their energy and their pressure, it took us an entire half to get going.

Absolute horse  :censored: response. Maybe it's our stand around offense and panic when the shot clock expires. Or the lack of in game adjustments or game prep. Or late game inbounds plays. He is the master of excuses except taking on his own accountability.  We had the talent and enough healthy bodies to avoid 7th place.   

We used to have an unbelievable fan base. 

tiny707

VU 2014 you may want to add Slim's Tweet from last night also...

usc4valpo

Lottich is a decent person but he is over his head. With an open AD position and a university nickel and diming away, no changes will be made. For the flagship athletics program and considering the past success of basketball at Valpo, it is shameful and depressing.

oklahomamick

What were the above tweets all about?  Someone translate for me. 

I would be interested in slim's twits if someone can share. 
CRUSADERS!!!