• Welcome to The Valparaiso Beacons Fan Zone Forum.

Ongoing sound system saga

Started by wh, November 20, 2011, 07:49:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wh

A friend gave us his 4 courtside tickets for today's game - Section H, Row 1, center court.  The sound system was the worst I have ever heard it.  During one of the timeouts, there was a nice feature about Erik Buggs playing on the video board.  It showed scenes of him on the court and in the library studying a Social Work book.  He was talking about something, but we couldn't understand one word he said.  It must have been good because the crowd clapped when it was over. 

This message is for valpomarketingguy, since you are the only VU athletic dept. employee that I am aware of that posts on here. Please ask Mark L. if the sound system is ever going to be fixed and report back with his answer.  If the answer is yes, ask when.  If the answer is no, or I don't know, or we don't have the money, or there is nothing wrong with the sound system, please have the courage to report that back as well.  By the way, I don't care that someone said the sound system was great in Sect AA.  On the floor in Section H (where people pay nearly $30/ticket) it was worse than the perpetually broken $50 drive-thru speaker at the LaPorte Av. DQ.       

swiftmutiny

It's been played several times while I was in the student section and I have yet to be able to hear it.

agibson

Wh - sorry the sound wasn't so good court side!

In fact, at half time, I moved down to the student section where a couple of other faculty/staff families were hanging out.  I was chatting with friends, and so less likely to listen to the PA.  I did notice the Buggs piece, but didn't try to listen.  It may have been inaudible, also, from the student section tonight.  Not sure about the PA from there.

valpospartan

The sound is bad higher up in Section G, also.  WH, If you thought it was bad today, you should try to hear it with twice as many people in the stands.
I've seen the Buggs video Sat. & Sun.  Saturday I only was able to hear about 5% of what he was saying.  Today I caught about 50%, because of the 'lack of noise". 
When the ARC is rocking, it is even difficult to understand John Bowker.  Sad.