• Welcome to The Valparaiso Beacons Fan Zone Forum.

Week 10 @ Marist

Started by valpofb16, November 07, 2022, 06:42:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

soapyjeans

Well, JD I disagree, mixing the plays up took the bullseye off Dawsons back, did you not see his TD reception that was b/c of a pass not a run?  Using a different RB every now and then can easily catch defense off guard (which did happen).  So, everything should be on the table when finding ways to free up Dawson to do his thing, run run run...  So how about we agree to disagree and call it a day  ;)

valpofb16

Not to be that guy but. Clarke got 1 carry and got hurt, Labus didn't get carries until garbage time, neither did Vercher.

Agree the shots on first down opened things up but the line blocked much better for Dawson who got lion share of carries.

Just had a better day at the line scrimmage.

JD24

Quote from: soapyjeans on November 14, 2022, 08:51:30 AMWell, JD I disagree, mixing the plays up took the bullseye off Dawsons back, did you not see his TD reception that was b/c of a pass not a run?  Using a different RB every now and then can easily catch defense off guard (which did happen).  So, everything should be on the table when finding ways to free up Dawson to do his thing, run run run...  So how about we agree to disagree and call it a day  ;)
Right...so they mix it up by throwing 14 passes. Use a couple of backs for a few carries here and there except when the game was over. Hand it to or throw it to the guy who we've been handing it to or throwing it to all year long and this equates to doing something different and therefore the offense looked better? I'll go with inferior opponent not being able to handle Dawson.