• Welcome to The Valparaiso Beacons Fan Zone Forum.

Valpo-Murray or Drake at Bradley Which game do we watch live?

Started by justducky, February 25, 2023, 05:26:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

justducky

Both games 3:00 PM central tipoff with ours on ESPN+ and the other on ESPN2. One of these games is pretty meaningless and the other is hoping to draw 10,000 fans for all the marbles and the #1 Valley seed. I think I will be watching ESPN2. Who will be with me?

historyman

Quote from: justducky on February 25, 2023, 05:26:41 PM
Both games 3:00 PM central tipoff with ours on ESPN+ and the other on ESPN2. One of these games is pretty meaningless and the other is hoping to draw 10,000 fans for all the marbles and the #1 Valley seed. I think I will be watching ESPN2. Who will be with me?

Nope. I'm actually going to St Louis. I have family in St Louis & Missouri & St Louis has a new MLS team (St Louis City SC) which I am buying a home team kit and you have to pick it up. They are not delivering them by package at all.

BTW, The first home game for StL City SC is Saturday night, March 4th, 7:30 pm, during Arch Madness at their brand new stadium just down the street at Market Street and 21st. (Look towards the big Ferris Wheel) They will draw a full house--sold out (22,500)--with upper deck tickets having gone for $273 (against Charlotte FC). St Louis has been "soccer mad" since the early 1900's when Catholics came to St Louis in large numbers. Saint Louis U used to sell out every match and season tickets for StL City SC were reserved with deposits about 3 months after the team was announced.

StL City SC wins tonight in Austin 3 - 2 (Feb. 25) in first game ever.

Late goal makes expansion St. Louis City a winner over Austin FC | National Post

I seem to remember that the new stadium's naming rights were bought by Centene Bank and will be Centene Stadium.

EDIT: Apparently Centene Bank withdrew it's name from the CITYPARK Stadium

Former names: Centene Stadium (February–October 2022)
https://www.stlcitysc.com/stadium/

Stifel Theater (the former Kiel Auditorium) is at 14th & Market and sits against the Enterprise Center at Clark & 14th. CITYPARK Stadium sits at Market & 21st, 7 blocks west of Stifel Theater (Kiel Auditorium) and roughly 2 blocks west & north of St Louis Union Station.(1900 Market St - Google Maps)

[size=78%]Enterprise Center to CITYPARK - Google Maps[/size] 

The St Louis Wheel is at 201 S. 20th Street.  201 S 20th St - Google Maps

I'll see plenty of the MVC teams.

Oh, yeah, may run in to StLVuFan too.
"We must stand aside from the world's conspiracy of fear and hate and grasp once more the great monosyllables of life: faith, hope, and love. Men must live by these if they live at all under the crushing weight of history." Otto Paul "John" Kretzmann

justducky

Could we give Matt a sick day so that he can watch the other game too? That should demonstrate to him that we have moved on and bear no hard feelings.  ;)

valpotx

"Don't mess with Texas"

historyman

We have to have a ruling by justducky. Is this the official game thread?
"We must stand aside from the world's conspiracy of fear and hate and grasp once more the great monosyllables of life: faith, hope, and love. Men must live by these if they live at all under the crushing weight of history." Otto Paul "John" Kretzmann

justducky

Quote from: valpotx on February 25, 2023, 06:11:11 PM
Murray State 77
Valpo 64

Sounds about right but what about the other game? I'll say Bradley in OT.

justducky

Quote from: historyman on February 25, 2023, 06:14:55 PMWe have to have a ruling by justducky. Is this the official game thread?

We need a ruling from a higher authority. Somebody should report this mess to a moderator so we can get a striped shirt call. Besides that I want to know which game our moderators will be watching.

historyman

Quote from: justducky on February 25, 2023, 06:23:54 PM
Quote from: historyman on February 25, 2023, 06:14:55 PMWe have to have a ruling by justducky. Is this the official game thread?

We need a ruling from a higher authority. Somebody should report this mess to a moderator so we can get a striped shirt call. Besides that I want to know which game our moderators will be watching.

I think God will not be ruling. :-)

historyman

Dr. T

Why don't we use the same excuse for Murray State & Belmont that's been used for Valpo since joining the Valley? I thought we could not expect these new-to-the-conference teams to compete until they recruit MVC-level talent & have a few years to progress nicely. I mean, Murray State lost Ja Morant after the 2018-2019 season. Valpo, by comparison, lost Alec Peters after the 2016-2017 season. It's only fair to say Valpo needs more time to develop and be "gritty" once again. 

historyman

Quote from: Dr. T on February 25, 2023, 09:30:28 PM
Why don't we use the same excuse for Murray State & Belmont that's been used for Valpo since joining the Valley? I thought we could not expect these new-to-the-conference teams to compete until they recruit MVC-level talent & have a few years to progress nicely. I mean, Murray State lost Ja Morant after the 2018-2019 season. Valpo, by comparison, lost Alec Peters after the 2016-2017 season. It's only fair to say Valpo needs more time to develop and be "gritty" once again. 

Or just hire the "right or left" coach. A winning coach who puts fear in the players and actually yells at the refs. Bryce manages to give the refs a real piece of his mind and stays a praying Christian coach.

justducky

Just visited a very active Bradley message board and from it learned that Ticketmaster listed 169 remaining tixs at 8:23 AM. 11,000+ sellout possible. Showdowns like this are why we and Murray and Belmont joined the Valley.

Quote from: usc4valpo on February 25, 2023, 08:06:05 PMGo Bulldogs!

Does this mean you will be watching ESPN2? How many Bulldog fans will be driving over?

VU2014

justducky

I've got it!

Lottich and Prohm should start a fight before tipoff which gets them ejected. Then they can watch the ESPN2 game together in the janitorial mop room or wherever they can find the nearest BIG screen TV.

wh

Has anyone noticed just how bad the MVC has become? 15th in NET, 8 MM conf's ranked higher, top 2 teams with 60+ NET's, 1 bid, likely 14 tournament seed, likely 1-and-done, 1 tournament share split 12 ways, no "white horse" effect with Belmont and Murray-just 2 more mouths to feed. A tanked program in a declining league.

What was the question again?

VALPO LI

I am going with the underdog today
Lighthouses over the Racers by 3!
  :crazy:
Shine on Vu

AB

Game not over, but thus far. Racers look as if it would rather be anywhere but on the court.

historyman

Quote from: justducky on February 26, 2023, 02:16:10 PM
I've got it!

Lottich and Prohm should start a fight before tipoff which gets them ejected. Then they can watch the ESPN2 game together in the janitorial mop room or wherever they can find the nearest BIG screen TV.

Calloway County is not a dry county like a lot of Kentucky but there might be 4 or 5 bars in Murray. I thought Tap 216 had the most TVs. It's next to Burrito Shack on 15th Street near 12th Street (a main street). My favorite restaurant name was Bad Bob's BBQ in Murray.

historyman

Quote from: VALPO LI on February 26, 2023, 03:03:06 PM
I am going with the underdog today
Lighthouses over the Racers by 3!
  :crazy:

I'll say Racers by 5. Valpo just doesn't really know how to light it up except for Maximus. Pretty bad for a team known as the Beacons.

Too many fundemental mistakes by Valpo at the end of games.

historyman

What fundamental mistake will Valpo make to lose this game?

historyman

AB

The most consistent MVC team in close games this year! Not a homer here, it was all ball on Krikke. Does the season end Thursday or Friday for the Brown and Gold?

VULB#62

I didn't watch it. I couldn't get to LiveStats. How did we manage to lose this one?

From the box score, it seems like the fouls were a teenie bit skewed to Murray 🙄. Otherwise we were as good or better across the board.