• Welcome to The Valparaiso Beacons Fan Zone Forum.

Arch Madness (MVC MBB Tournament)

Started by historyman, February 27, 2023, 09:20:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

historyman

Carried over from another thread:

BTW, The first home game for StL City SC is Saturday night, March 4th, 7:30 pm, during Arch Madness at their brand new stadium just down the street at Market Street and 21st. (Look towards the big Ferris Wheel) They will draw a full house--sold out (22,500)--with upper deck tickets having gone for $273 (against Charlotte FC). St Louis has been "soccer mad" since the early 1900's when Catholics came to St Louis in large numbers. Saint Louis U used to sell out every match and season tickets for StL City SC were reserved with deposits about 3 months after the team was announced.

StL City SC wins tonight in Austin 3 - 2 (Feb. 25) in first game ever.Late goal makes expansion St. Louis City a winner over Austin FC | National Post

I seem to remember that the new stadium's naming rights were bought by Centene Bank and will be Centene Stadium.

EDIT: Apparently Centene Bank withdrew it's name from the CITYPARK StadiumFormer names: Centene Stadium (February–October 2022)

https://www.stlcitysc.com/stadium/

Stifel Theater (the former Kiel Auditorium) is at 14th & Market and sits against the Enterprise Center at Clark & 14th. CITYPARK Stadium sits at Market & 21st, 7 blocks west of Stifel Theater (Kiel Auditorium) and roughly 2 blocks west & north of St Louis Union Station.(1900 Market St - Google Maps)Enterprise Center to CITYPARK - Google Maps

The St Louis Wheel is at 201 S. 20th Street.  201 S 20th St - Google Maps
"We must stand aside from the world's conspiracy of fear and hate and grasp once more the great monosyllables of life: faith, hope, and love. Men must live by these if they live at all under the crushing weight of history." Otto Paul "John" Kretzmann

historyman

St Louis City SC is hosting a party in downtown St Louis from Friday, March 3, 2023 in the afternoon till game time on Saturday, March 4th at 7:30 pm.

https://www.ksdk.com/amp/article/sports/soccer/st-louis-city-sc/st-louis-city-sc-block-party-inagural-home-match-march-4/63-ec3a3676-d073-456a-83cc-b7d241e43008

Coming off the high of winning its first match in franchise history, the team will host the celebratory block party from Friday afternoon until kickoff Saturday.
"We must stand aside from the world's conspiracy of fear and hate and grasp once more the great monosyllables of life: faith, hope, and love. Men must live by these if they live at all under the crushing weight of history." Otto Paul "John" Kretzmann

justducky

While a victory against MSU yesterday would have felt nice, strictly from a seeding prospective I kind of like where we are.

1.  I would much rather face Murray again than any of the trio of ISUb, UNI, or Missouri St.
2. AND  If we beat the Racers I would much prefer to face Drake rather than Bradley. I could take this a step further because I would also prefer Drake over SIU or Belmont. I'm not making predictions here but I am stating my preferences taking into account our now determined list of bad options.

tiny707

Just Ducky, I agree 100% on the seedlings for Valpo. Prefer what we have most definitely.

VULB#62

Quote from: tiny707 on February 27, 2023, 11:48:20 AM
Just Ducky, I agree 100% on the seedlings for Valpo. Prefer what we have most definitely.

Little 🌳s?   ;)

AB

Well. Hard to beat a team 3 times in one season. Valpo has a chance against Racers. Good matchup, but clearly this team doesn't know how to close games, so if it's close we have no shot to pull it out. Maybe the team will try something new, attack, draw fouls instead of holding and winding shot clock down. If we advance and play Drake, only way Drake looses is if they are emotionally spent from Bradley game and or they are overlooking us. Either way.......If we hear nothing by 2:00 Monday then yeah.......Apathy goes to another level.

historyman

Quote from: AB on February 27, 2023, 12:50:36 PMWell. Hard to beat a team 3 times in one season.

It's been totally proven that this is not true and it does happen more often than you think. It just doesn't stick out in your memory.

Pgmado

Quote from: historyman on February 28, 2023, 04:31:04 PM
Quote from: AB on February 27, 2023, 12:50:36 PMWell. Hard to beat a team 3 times in one season.

It's been totally proven that this is not true and it does happen more often than you think. It just doesn't stick out in your memory.

This will be explored on The Victory Bell this week.

VU2014

David81

I would like to see a decent bunch of guys conclude their season with at least a win in Arch Madness.

historyman

Hello from beautiful St Louis!!!!!

[/color]This week, St. Louis CITY SC will play the Inaugural Home Match at CITYPARK. We've been waiting to say that for a long time. We hope to see all of you this weekend. Whether you have tickets or not, we have a ton planned for fans inside CITYPARK and out.
[/color]
CITY Block Party

[/color] Let's make every matchday a block party for all of St. Louis.  [/color]FRIDAY We have a sold-out show featuring St. Louis' own Metro Boomin along with DJ Pee .Wee (Anderson .Paak), Mvstermind and Kennedy Holmes.  [/color]SATURDAY The fun starts at 4PM before the match at Lou Fusz Plaza. DJ Mahf will provide the soundtrack to a festival filled with food, games, fun and activities for the entire family. Be a part of this historic day in St. Louis history.  [/color]
[/color]
[/color]THE MATCHUP [/color][/size]

MATCHUP: STL CITY SC vs. Charlotte FC
KICKOFF: Saturday, March 4 @ 7:30PM 
WHERE: CITYPARK
[/color]HOW TO TUNE IN [/color][/size]
[/color]MLS Season Pass is the new home of STL CITY SC. Watch on the Apple TV app. Or join coverage on the air from our radio partners KYKY 98.1 FM and en español on KXOK 102.9 FM.

[/color]CITY ON TAP WATCH PARTIES
[/color]From Florissant to Fenton to O'Fallon, you're sure to find a place to watch with your fellow fans all over St. Louis. Check out our list of official bar partners who are a part of CITY On Tap presented by Michelob ULTRA. 

CITY on Tap | St. Louis CITY SC (stlcitysc.com)

vu84v2

Very interesting that the betting line for the Valpo-Murray State matchup has Murray State as only a 1 pt favorite.

JD24

Quote from: vu84v2 on March 02, 2023, 11:52:04 AMVery interesting that the betting line for the Valpo-Murray State matchup has Murray State as only a 1 pt favorite.
Both games between the two this season went to overtime.

tjjvalpo

It is hard to beat the same team three times in a season. Here's hoping!

VULB#62

I'm kinda saddened that prior to this reply, only 13 replies were posted and it's game time 🥺

Speaks volumes.

truth219

Not good

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

vu84v2

Valpo does not have an offensive system.

oklahomamick

Valpo hasn't had an offense system in years.

Remember there was a time we dreamed of a valpo vs Murray state in the mvc tourney game.

We never that it was possible. 
CRUSADERS!!!

usc4valpo

Valpo is getting smoked at half. But it has been a great promising season based on the Valpo spin doctors.

justducky

Good defense by Murray. Better game to game adjustments by Prohm. I think we might make it interesting but I wouldn't bet on it.

VULB#62

I am not being sarcastic. Let's let the second half play out.  I'm  from Bastin (Boston) and "ya nevah know."  We could have a wicked pissah second half - right David?

To our players, come on guys, this is Arch Madness, rise to the moment!

truth219

Outside of Ben this team is bad

nkvu

Only good thing about this game was I passed the stone at halftime. Now if somehow Valpo could find their way back into this game it could be a real good day.

Then again, maybe I should be content with I have, or rather, don't have anymore.

hailcrusaders

This is getting pretty vintage in a hurry.
#CrusadersForever

truth219

Thank goodness Murray went cold