• Welcome to The Valparaiso Beacons Fan Zone Forum.

Summer Stuff 2023 Edition

Started by valpofb16, May 18, 2023, 08:16:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

valpofb16

With Valpo returning 6 starters from a PFL sack leading defense , and Youngstown returning 11 of their top 12 D-Lineman (not a typo).

I'm afraid it'll be tough to really gauge the OL until Indiana Wesleyan.

valpofb16

In terms of camp stuff.

QB: Should start and end with Appel
RB: my guess by committee Vercher, Labus, Mann all have had moments. Jashon could move up here
WR: think this is quietly a loaded position
TE: Loaded for the PFl. About 4 deep
OL: replacing 3 starters on the worst offensive unit. Hope for the best but been a sore in the Fox era.

Defense:
DL: 7 of top 8 back
LB: return Birmingham / Annis add, Nabers (Fresno st), Fitzgerald (ucla), Pouba (Juco) look to help
Db: Geiman looked great in spring. Rao came on late. If Chilton and Graves can prevent big plays this is a top 2-3 defense in PFL.

Moral of story, this season starts and ends with the OL. Defense should be good enough to keep us in 8/11 games alone (@Davidson,@Saint Thomas, @YSU are exceptions)

If OL is able to let Appel get/maintain comfort/health. This could be a 7 win season tops (look at road schedule, it's brutal). If they cannot, this could look like Drake last season with 2 or 3 wins. (Sorry Marist, SW Minnesota, and Morehead)

My guess is 5-6 with offensive progression!

valpotx

I would have to think that even though he didn't really do anything at Arizona, just being on an FBS P5 roster should lean towards Jashon taking over RB. 
"Don't mess with Texas"

valpofb16

Valpotx. While I don't disagree Tyler Days was a 3* transfer at safety from Boston College last year and couldn't crack starting lineup.