• Welcome to The Valparaiso Beacons Fan Zone Forum.

09/09 @ Indiana Wesleyan

Started by valpofb16, September 02, 2023, 01:57:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

valpofb16

Indiana Wesleyan won their first game 56-7 and has lost one game since Valparaiso last season.

This is on the road where they handled Valpo in the first Q in 2021.

Hoping for the best. I'll remain optimistic

31-17 Beacs

VULB#62

FBFan22

IWU beat Lawrence Tech University 56-7 in week 1,
IWU also beat LTU 35-0 in 2022.

Not sure what that means... I know nothing about LTU.

historyman

Quote from: FBFan22 on September 02, 2023, 07:20:05 PM
IWU beat Lawrence Tech University 56-7 in week 1,
IWU also beat LTU 35-0 in 2022.

Not sure what that means... I know nothing about LTU.

LTU wikipedia page:

In January 2017, Lawrence Tech announced that it would resume intercollegiate football competition, after a hiatus of more than 70 years dating back to just after World War II. The university has admitted two recruiting classes of about 90 student-athletes for a team that competed as an independent squad in the fall of 2018, and which will begin playing a full varsity schedule in the Mid-States Football Association of the NAIA in the fall of 2019. LTU hired Jeff Duvendeck, former head coach at Culver-Stockton (Mo.) College and a former assistant at Michigan State University, Northern Michigan University, Michigan Technological University, Grand Valley State University, and Tiffin (Ohio) University, as its head coach.[32][33] The Blue Devils finished 5–3 in their abbreviated first season, and attracted nearly 4,000 fans to their first game on Sept. 1, 2018. The 2021 LTU football squad finished 7-4 overall, 3–4 in the Mid-States Football Association.[34]

2022 Football Schedule - Lawrence Technological University (ltuathletics.com)   record in 2022 (3-7)

The Blue Devils are currently 1-1 after losing badly to Indiana Wesleyan 56-7 and beating Ave Maria 21-19 with both games at the home stadium in Southfield, MI.
"We must stand aside from the world's conspiracy of fear and hate and grasp once more the great monosyllables of life: faith, hope, and love. Men must live by these if they live at all under the crushing weight of history." Otto Paul "John" Kretzmann

valpofb16

Talent wise this is probably a middle-high end of road PFL team. Guys will need to be ready

usc4valpo

covufan

Close game on road

VU 27 iWU 24

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

soapyjeans

I don't think Youngstown beat us, more like we handed it to them thru multiple fumbles, blocked kicks, penalties, sacks, bad ref calls etc. in 2nd half.  Youngstown probably went into halftime in shock we were actually challenging them, lol.  I'm optimistic it will be close enough to rattle Indiana Wesleyan. 

JD24

YSU beat Valpo. Let's not kid ourselves.

beaconbabe

Beacons bounce back 27-21. Let's go boys!!

valpofb16

Valpo is about 20-25+ lbs larger across the board on the OL and has two FBS transfer running backs that averaged 4.5 ypg against Youngstown.

Let's not over think this tonight

usc4valpo

BTW, what is Marion IN like? Didnt that town used to have great HS basketball?

soapyjeans

Is this game a "pay per view" by Indianna W?  I ask because Valpo isn't listed on hulu/espn+, plenty of other college games being shown on espn+ but NOT Valpo.  I've searched thru espn+ listing, sports, and just searched Valparaiso using the search feature.   Doesn't appear to be caused by disney/spectrum fighting since espn+ does air a slew of college games.  Any idea?   

soapyjeans

VUSWIM08-12

Great first kickoff return WELL into IWU territory ! Let's get a TD. IWU player being carted off...

VUSWIM08-12

Ughhhhh tipped pass , IWU intercepts and takes over on their own 21...this game is starting off crazy , Valpo just got an interception , back on offense at the IWU 34!

valpofb16

Symmes and this OL are awful. You have two FBS transfer RBs at the one yard line. And a 6'4 220 QB.

Play one , motion 5 guys for Izzy. Then come out in empty for a fade.

VUSWIM08-12

Appel to Davis for 32yd TD! Valpo up 7-0

valpofb16

valpofb16

valpofb16

17-7 Wildcats. Feel for Fox. Has built an outstanding defense. The level of competence is not there from the Offense or even really special teams.

usc4valpo

covufan

Tough to win when you're -5 in turnover margin. Still had a chance to tie at end.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

vu72

This was the worst Appel has played in a Valpo uniform.  The OL is a serious problem, though there were plays where the commentators were very complimentary for opening up big holes.  Just a weird games, though perhaps we were playing against a team as good as any in the Pioneer, who knows.
Season Results: CBI/CIT: 2008, 2011, 2014  NIT: 2003,2012, 2016(Championship Game) 2017   NCAA: 1962,1966,1967,1969,1973,1996,1997,1998 (Sweet Sixteen),1999, 2000, 2002, 2004, 2013 and 2015

usc4valpo

You need to win these games. QB situation with 5 ints? Extension for Fox? Not sure it's justified.