• Welcome to The Valparaiso Beacons Fan Zone Forum.

Loyola News

Started by zvillehaze, March 22, 2013, 06:00:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zvillehaze

http://www.loyolaramblers.com/sports/m-baskbl/spec-rel/032213aab.html

Interesting news, as I thought Loyola was starting to turn the corner.  The release doesn't mention what Cully plans to do ... assuming he's graduating this spring, he could potentially play his fifth year somewhere else.

If he does, it would be similar to the situation with Julius Mays at WSU.  I don't like the rule, but it's even worse when a program takes a transfer, invests in their development, then sees them leave.

valporun

Interesting to see if either Payne continues playing anywhere. At best, Cully would have to drop down to D-II or III, and Quinten can probably still play right away somewhere in D-I. I mention Cully would have to drop down because he already transferred from Iowa to Loyola. Would be interesting to know a little more about why they both are leaving the program.

bbtds

Quote from: valporun on March 23, 2013, 03:43:53 PM
Interesting to see if either Payne continues playing anywhere. At best, Cully would have to drop down to D-II or III, and Quinten can probably still play right away somewhere in D-I. I mention Cully would have to drop down because he already transferred from Iowa to Loyola. Would be interesting to know a little more about why they both are leaving the program.

He wouldn't have to sit a year if he gets his degree at Loyola and does his graduate work at another Div. I school, ala Brandon Wood. Then both he and his brother, Quinten, could play at the same Div. I program. I'm sure part of the reason Cully decided to leave Loyola is because he is getting his degree and that opened up the opportunity for him and his brother to play together at a Div. I school with better prospects of making the NCAA tournament. Before he transferred he probably never thought of playing with his brother because they are 4 years apart.