• Welcome to The Valparaiso Beacons Fan Zone Forum.

Where is Peters next season?

Started by bsmith21, April 06, 2016, 09:43:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

VULB#62

Ok.  Now we owe Alec something.  The university (straight up to the President) and we as fans need to do everything we can to help this young man achieve his dreams.  We have to attend games, juice up the PR machine, and work tirelessly to ensure that Matt Lottich and his team become Alec's vehicle for the future.  I have no doubt that Alec will play his part -- he is an outstanding young man.  But we have to do our part too.  This should also help Matt in the recruiting wars as well.  To make this a complete set, the NCAA has to take its head out of its a$$ and grant Keith the additional year of eligibility.

I'm so happy.  I'm so happy.  I'm so happy.  Good things DO happen to good people.

covufan

I'm sure this will help recruiting that grad transfer and maybe a juco

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

valpotx

I have to think that it will help us fill out our roster as well.  Recruits will know that we are in 'win now' mode, and they don't have to be the centerpiece. 
"Don't mess with Texas"

Just Sayin

VULB#62

Alec's decision will have ripple (tidal wave?) effects.  The Valpo BB players who have been waiting for a sign (this) are now with purpose. The coaching staff can nail recruits. The Crusader MBB team will have the necessary glue to make a run to and deep into the NCAAT. It might open better scheduling options. And the HL has a "face" to promote.

As I mentioned previously, VU has to ride this for both Alec's sake and its own. But the HL has also got to see that this is a way to boost its national profile. They need to promote Valpo and Alec as much as they can.

M

You mean as much as they promoted (and we griped about) Kay and Oakland last year and Sykes/Brown and Green Bay before that?!

Go Valpo

VULB#62

Ya got that straight ( and maybe more  ;) !,!

nkvu

Now if somehow Carter can win his appeal I give us a shot at making a good showing against UK. Might even have to go down to Rupp for the game.

And if we should somehow manage a win over UK?  I will drain my bottle of Pappy Van Winkle 23!

zvillehaze

Good decision by Alec and good news for Valpo.  I've never been a fan of the grad transfer rule, so I'm glad Alec made the right decision.  Best of luck in the upcoming season!

ValpoDad89

I can only say on this somber of Holidays, Alec made this Christmas for me!!! And I will be at most if not all home games this year just like last. Supporting this young man to chase his dream!!!!

valpospartan

Aww shucks, I was hoping that he would transfer to MSU.

Kidding!

vufan75

Alec is one class act who comes from a great family!  Best wishes to you Alec and I wish you nothing but success this coming season and in your future, which is indeed very bright!!!

valpotx

Uh oh, some of you have ticked off Tom Davis with your responses :).  The guy acts like a 4th grader when his opinions are incorrect, going back to several other instances you can Google about other occurrences where he showed a major Butler bias (trying to tell a recruit to pick Butler over IU, etc).  The fact is that he made a statement that sounded like he was confirming that Peters was going to Vandy, not that he was just trying to say that he had considered such a thing.  Since he was wrong, he is trying to take a very liberal meaning from his actual tweet, in order to try and save face.
"Don't mess with Texas"

Just Sayin

Davis is not credible. He only hurts himself with that kind of "reporting."

VU2624

Quote from: valpotx on May 31, 2016, 09:04:21 AM
Uh oh, some of you have ticked off Tom Davis with your responses :).  The guy acts like a 4th grader when his opinions are incorrect, going back to several other instances you can Google about other occurrences where he showed a major Butler bias (trying to tell a recruit to pick Butler over IU, etc).  The fact is that he made a statement that sounded like he was confirming that Peters was going to Vandy, not that he was just trying to say that he had considered such a thing.  Since he was wrong, he is trying to take a very liberal meaning from his actual tweet, in order to try and save face.

The tweets to Todd were hysterical. He ended up tweeting about 5 responses to Todd's one response. Davis appears to be the very definition of the word "tool".

covufan

Quote from: VU2624 on May 31, 2016, 11:24:29 AM
Quote from: valpotx on May 31, 2016, 09:04:21 AM

The tweets to Todd were hysterical. He ended up tweeting about 5 responses to Todd's one response. Davis appears to be the very definition of the word "tool".

Wow.  Went back and looked at these tweets.  Davis and the Don Bosco Prep mouthpiece really make me appreciate those that follow Valpo MBB a little more closely - media pbp and local print. 

Davis wants Peters to publicly announce that he never considered transferring to Vanderbilt.  How can one publicly announce something that never publicly happened?  Did Peters (and his 'team') look at all possibilities this spring? Yes.  The grad transfer was not pursued after Peters and his 'team' considered all of the possibilities.  He never contacted Vanderbilt.  He couldn't contact Vanderbilt until he opted into the grad transfer - which never happened. 

valpopal

I appreciate coming back from the holiday weekend to this news. Early on when Valparaiso was still recruiting Peters, I mentioned on this forum that if he signed with Valpo Alec would become the second greatest player in the program's history, and I only kept him out of number one in deference to Bryce. I am pleased to see Alec will be returning with a chance to fulfill his potential and my prediction. Indeed, I look forward to an offense designed by Coach Lottich that will offer Peters every opportunity to display his talent even more. I also hope that offense does Peters a favor and will feature Alec at the 3 position (instead of the 4) more than in the past since that is the role by which he will be judged for any NBA team. Alec was told by the NBA coaches he needs to showcase a mid-range game. Perhaps some line-ups with Smits at the 5, Adekoya at the 4, and Peters at the 3.... In any case, the upcoming season is going to be very interesting.

a3uge

This is much needed news in a fairly rough off-season. Peters doesn't have to treat the word 'Valparaiso' like 'Voldermort' now (although I'm sure he would have gone out with a some gratitude and class).

Love Peters loyalty and his feeling of unfinished business (winning an NCAA tournament game for Valpo). Really impressed he developed that in 3 years. He could have gone somewhere more glamourous with his pick of experienced coach, but instead he quietly returned to Valpo with an extra degree in his pocket. This is not the least bit surprising, as Alec has always been a stand-up guy. Talk is always cheap, but his actions speak loudly.

This also shows Lottich was the right hire.

Alright, now that this is all settled, all that's left to do is everything.

chef

Davis blocked me from viewing his tweets, so I have no idea what he's been tweeting. I don't believe I ever attacked him. My original tweet was trying to inform him that his info was way off base. Oh well, I guess the inability to view his tweets going forward will leave an empty whole in my day!  ;D

M

He probably saw your tweet about GS being done and figured you were just some crazy loon! I'm sure the members here will make sure everyone knows when that guy makes his next ridiculous tweet!

VU2624

As much as Davis whines about others not understanding that he said "considering", it appears Davis doesn't understand the word "speculating" and got the two confused.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/suburbs/post-tribune/sports/ct-ptb-michael-osipoff-column-st-0601-20160531-story.html

QuoteSpeculation centered on Peters following Drew, with whom he has a close relationship. Vanderbilt was the leading contender among a host of interested programs if he chose to transfer.

But it turned out Peters, scheduled to complete his undergraduate degree in June at the end of Valparaiso's first summer session, wasn't going anywhere.

valpospartan

Since the question asked in this thread's Subject has been answered, I think it is time to put the thread to bed - aka clean slate.

VULB#62

But wait .......  Isn't speculation as to whether he will play the 3 or play the 4 in scope for this?   ;D

valpospartan

Quote from: VULB#62 on June 02, 2016, 09:06:54 AM
But wait .......  Isn't speculation as to whether he will play the 3 or play the 4 in scope for this?   ;D

Ahhh, no!  But thanks for playing.  You can pick up a prize on your way out.