• Welcome to The Valparaiso Beacons Fan Zone Forum.

Get vaccinated!

Started by bbtds, July 08, 2021, 05:06:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bbtds

I hope the conservative media that says to be cautious about getting a Covid vaccine are sued by families who lose members because those family members don't get vaccinated. That is a crime.

Just Sayin

JBC1824

Should people not be cautious when undergoing a medical procedure? There are indeed contraindications for certain people in receiving some vaccines, you know.

This is something you should talk to your doctor about, and thus, exercise a degree of caution.
Lazing around in the shadow of bombs

bbtds

Quote from: JBC1824 on July 08, 2021, 10:08:53 PM
Should people not be cautious when undergoing a medical procedure? There are indeed contraindications for certain people in receiving some vaccines, you know.

This is something you should talk to your doctor about, and thus, exercise a degree of caution.

Are people cautious when they are in an emergency room and the blood pressure is getting critical due having brain injury in a car accident?

It's obvious that those getting the vaccine who have no underlying conditions are no longer dying in hospitals while some younger people who are not vaccinated have died of Covid in hospitals.

JBC1824

Quote from: bbtds on July 09, 2021, 10:12:09 AM
Quote from: JBC1824 on July 08, 2021, 10:08:53 PM

Are people cautious when they are in an emergency room and the blood pressure is getting critical due having brain injury in a car accident?

It's obvious that those getting the vaccine who have no underlying conditions are no longer dying in hospitals while some younger people who are not vaccinated have died of Covid in hospitals.

Your first comment makes absolutely no sense and has me questioning if you have a brain injury.

Do you know what the word contraindication means and the implications?

And are you suggesting that there have not been any people who have been vaccinated for covid-19 who have nonetheless died from covid-19? Because of course this is incorrect.

People should talk to their doctor about it. It is really that simple. Please don't complicate it.

FWalum

Quote from: bbtds on July 08, 2021, 05:06:39 AM
I hope the conservative media that says to be cautious about getting a Covid vaccine are sued by families who lose members because those family members don't get vaccinated. That is a crime.
In the same vein I hope that all those who have in the past supported gain of function research and then mislead the public by saying the lab leak theory was a conspiracy to cover their own asses should be prosecuted. Also those who have suppressed the use of repurposed drugs in support of big pharma greed. The wait until your lips turned blue approach to treating COVID-19 did not work and resulted in many deaths.

My nephew is in the hospital now, was sent home twice without any treatment other than the instructions to "breath deeply", take Tylenol and drink fluids, he now has pneumomediastinum and is on heparin and 4 liters of oxygen. They never even gave him a CT scan until this third time to the hospital. The CDC protocols for treating this virus have been garbage.

Thank goodness my doctor was more proactive or I probably would be dead.
My current favorite podcast: The Glenn Loury Show https://bloggingheads.tv/programs/glenn-show

JBC1824

Quote from: FWalum on July 11, 2021, 11:36:46 AM
In the same vein I hope that all those who have in the past supported gain of function research and then mislead the public by saying the lab leak theory was a conspiracy to cover their own asses should be prosecuted. Also those who have suppressed the use of repurposed drugs in support of big pharma greed.

Yup.

bbtds

In the same vein I hope that all those who have in the past supported gain of function research and then mislead the public by saying the lab leak theory was a conspiracy to cover their own asses should be prosecuted. Also those who have suppressed the use of repurposed drugs in support of big pharma greed. The wait until your lips turned blue approach to treating COVID-19 did not work and resulted in many deaths.

My nephew is in the hospital now, was sent home twice without any treatment other than the instructions to "breath deeply", take Tylenol and drink fluids, he now has pneumomediastinum and is on heparin and 4 liters of oxygen. They never even gave him a CT scan until this third time to the hospital. The CDC protocols for treating this virus have been garbage.

So you're not blaming your nephew's issues with getting the vaccine, correct?

I do see that there have been issues with the CDC guidelines for treating the people suffering from a very new virus. Has this not always been the case with new viruses.

How has the conservative media's advocating for people without complications (what should be discussed with a doctor) to NOT get a vaccine helped?

vu84v2

FWAlum - I am sorry to hear that your nephew has struggled so much and hope that he recovers quickly with no long term effects.

wh

Quote from: bbtds on July 12, 2021, 10:43:43 AM

I do see that there have been issues with the CDC guidelines for treating the people suffering from a very new virus. Has this not always been the case with new viruses.

How has the conservative media's advocating for people without complications (what should be discussed with a doctor) to NOT get a vaccine helped?

The lowest vaccination rates in NWI are in northern Lake County (almost exclusively Democrats):

"Residents of northern Lake County are poised to suffer the most in a COVID-19 resurgence, since the average vaccination rate through Tuesday in Gary ZIP codes was just 28.9%, East Chicago was at 31.6%, and Hammond 35.5%. "It's shocking and bad. I don't understand it," Hammond Mayor Thomas McDermott Jr. said. "It seems to me the unvaccinated people are taking a big chance — they're risking their lives."

https://www.nwitimes.com/news/local/govt-and-politics/most-nwi-communities-well-short-of-70-covid-19-vaccination-target/article_573537bc-0331-5c41-9d61-26da01cd55fb.html

For me, getting vaccinated was a no-brainer, given my age. Personal politics had nothing to do with it. If I was 25, maybe I would think differently, maybe I wouldn't. Who knows? The fact is I'm not 25, and I'm not going to judge the people who are. The vast majority of people in Gary and East Chicago are black and Hispanic. I don't know why they don't want to get vaccinated, but again, that's their business, not mine. Not everything in the world is about politics, my friend.

JBC1824

Bbtds,

Is the conservative media telling people to "be cautious" about getting the Covid vaccine, as you said in your first comment?

Or is the conservative media "advocating for people without complications (sic) to NOT get a vaccine," as you said in your second comment?

Please stop moving the goalposts.

And by the way, you mean "contraindications," not "complications."

bbtds

Quote from: JBC1824 on July 12, 2021, 05:12:40 PM
Bbtds,

Is the conservative media telling people to "be cautious" about getting the Covid vaccine, as you said in your first comment?

Or is the conservative media "advocating for people without complications (sic) to NOT get a vaccine," as you said in your second comment?

Please stop moving the goalposts.

And by the way, you mean "contraindications," not "complications."

I have my TV remote preset to Fox News now. It doesn't stay there long but they did show a CPAC commentator saying "vaccinations are your choice and are certainly not proven." That last part of the comment is surely false. Missouri, 1 of the states with low vaccination rates, has the most deaths of people 30 to 50 who, at almost an 100% non-vaccinated rate, from Covid-19.

JBC1824

Bbtds,

Good, keep watching. It's more accurate than the junk you usually watch.

I'm asking what exactly is your argument. Is conservative media suggesting people should "be cautious" about getting the vaccine?

Or is it "advocating" for people to not get it?

There is a significant difference.

In my opinion, mainstream conservative news media is more typically suggesting that people exercise caution when getting the vaccine. This is an issue that is certainly subject to interpretation.

Such incomplete comments as those you quoted however should not be taken to mean that the individual making them necessarily intended to be understood as saying that vaccines have not been proven efficacious as a preventative measure against Covid-19 infection.

For instance, he or she having made the suggestion that vaccines are "not proven," may refer to the very legitimate concerns that the jury is largely still out regarding potential long-term side-effects associated with vaccine use, or the vaccine's potential to establish robust and truly long-lasting protection against virus contraction and symptom severity such that people will not require additional vaccinations in the future. 

Gotta' think critically.

bbtds

Quote from: JBC1824 on July 12, 2021, 09:04:44 PM
Bbtds,

Good, keep watching. It's more accurate than the junk you usually watch.

I'm asking what exactly is your argument. Is conservative media suggesting people should "be cautious" about getting the vaccine?

Or is it "advocating" for people to not get it?

There are some on Fox News that are advocating not to get vaccinated simply because Dr. Fauci advocates for it. Dr. Fauci is not being political. He is a guy that disagreed with Trump and some of his statements. That is the only reason, not what you said which is think critically, that they won't get vaccinated. I had a conversation with someone in a doctor's office who took off their mask, weren't vaccinated, and explained that they didn't believe the so-called experts (Fauci). The receptionists heard me talking looked over and saw he took off his mask and told him he had to wear a mask because if not the nurse's duty would then be to call security. He stopped talking to me and completely shut up because he didn't want to miss his opportunity to see the doctor, who by the way qualifies as a "so-called expert" that advocates wearing a mask.

QuoteThere is a significant difference.

In my opinion, mainstream conservative news media is more typically suggesting that people exercise caution when getting the vaccine. This is an issue that is certainly subject to interpretation.

Such incomplete comments as those you quoted however should not be taken to mean that the individual making them necessarily intended to be understood as saying that vaccines have not been proven efficacious as a preventative measure against Covid-19 infection.

For instance, he or she having made the suggestion that vaccines are "not proven," may refer to the very legitimate concerns that the jury is largely still out regarding potential long-term side-effects associated with vaccine use, or the vaccine's potential to establish robust and truly long-lasting protection against virus contraction and symptom severity such that people will not require additional vaccinations in the future. 

Gotta' think critically.

JBC1824

Bbtds,

I'm reluctant to believe Fox News hosts are saying not to get the vaccine simply because Dr. Fauci says you should get it. They don't always have control over what their guests say, though. That's just how it goes.

But please provide some proof. If you can, I'll be happy to admit my suspicions were incorrect.

Perhaps they or their guests are saying people shouldn't get the vaccine only because Fauci says they should? This seems more likely.

I'm having a hard time understanding some of your comment. And I don't believe you fully understood my previous comment.

Your story about the guy at the doctor's office seems unrelated.

Listen, you need to relax a little. Fox News is not outright telling people not to get vaccinated. That isn't happening. But if you really believe that, I can't help you.

In all sincerity, do you mind me asking how old you are?

FWalum

Quote from: bbtds on July 12, 2021, 10:43:43 AM

I am not blaming my nephew's illness on the vaccine, he is a 23 year old adult and had not gotten the vaccine. He is a highly educated double electrical and mechanical engineer and was concerned about the number of reactions reported in VAERS for myocarditis and pericarditis in young men and the unknown future affects on fertility. I know, I know, I know you are all thinking how stupid can you get, but if you look at the government statistics of people in his age group getting COVID and ending up in the hospital with pneumomediastinum it is virtually nil. He is still in the hospital on 6L of oxygen, Remdesivir and the blood thinner Lovinox.

As someone who works with health data for county health departments, what is happening with the VAERS database is pretty scary and I think that conservatives are much more likely to be skeptical of the government's vaccine push. From what I have seen the conservative media has only said that it is your choice to jab or not to jab. They certainly have talked more about the adverse reactions than the MSM but are not advocating people should NOT get the vaccine. What is hurting the government/medical establishment's pro-vaccine message is that they treat those who have questions like imbecilic conspiracy theorists. Statements like this from the DOL Government website does not help.
QuoteAre adverse reactions to the COVID-19 vaccine recordable on the OSHA recordkeeping log?

DOL and OSHA, as well as other federal agencies, are working diligently to encourage COVID-19 vaccinations. OSHA does not wish to have any appearance of discouraging workers from receiving COVID-19 vaccination, and also does not wish to disincentivize employers' vaccination efforts. As a result, OSHA will not enforce 29 CFR 1904's recording requirements to require any employers to record worker side effects from COVID-19 vaccination through May 2022. We will reevaluate the agency's position at that time to determine the best course of action moving forward.
They need to be more transparent and explain why VAERS is reporting that 9,049 deaths might have some link to the vaccines. They should explain that this is the first vaccine literally targeted at an older more susceptible population capable and more willing to report adverse reactions. They should explain that when you give a vaccine to a person in their mid 90's there is a relatively high probability that they might die of natural causes in the next couple of weeks. Instead of saying they didn't fund gain of function research when anyone with half a brain can see that they did, they should explain why they did the funding, believe it or not there are some legitimate reasons to do this research, but when you hide it you can start to look pretty shady. The Left needs to stop treating doctors and researchers who don't agree with the CDC and FDA with disdain and censorship. This type of censorship and refusal to even consider that some treatments other than the watchful waiting original protocol of the CDC, have lead to many doctor groups developing their own protocols, such as Local frontline doctors modify COVID treatment based on results. Finally YouTube is allowing some debate (they had pulled down virtually all videos discussing certain drugs deemed misinformation) on repurposed drugs, see this debate Ivermectin: Pros vs Cons. Dr. Luis Garegnani and Dr. Pierre Kory Debate The Issue.

Let's talk about protocols for SARS-CoV-2 treatment. In the beginning of this pandemic the CDC and NIH basically said wait and watch, don't come to the doctor or hospital unless absolutely necessary. Even when you went to the hospital you were only given oxygen and Tylenol. Rogue doctors started using corticosteroids on severely ill patients despite the fact that this was strongly not advised by the CDC and NIH. Those two agencies later retracted that advise and corticosteroids are now the standard of care for severe cases. FDA has approved one drug, remdesivir (Veklury), for the treatment of COVID-19 in hospitalized patients aged 12 years and older. Why haven't they approved any repurposed drugs such as Colchicine, Fluvoxamine, Hydroxychloroquine, Ivermectin and Doxycycline. Are they protecting the MRNA vaccine Emergency Use Authorization? Even if these drugs where only effective in a small percentage of cases, how do these agencies advise against their usage??? Even that small percentage equates to large numbers when you are talking over 600,000 deaths.

If they want higher vaccine rates then be truthful, thoroughly explain the pros and cons, the good and the bad. Don't censor real experts Dr Bret Weinstein on Scientific censorship. YouTube, Google, Facebook science fact-checkers' "pants on fire" lie. Don't treat those with questions or speculation as idiots and doofuses. Watching Meet the Press and Face the Nation on Sunday, I couldn't believe how these people reacted to the vaccination percentages, they can't fathom how anyone could possibly question the efficacy of the government's vaccine push. Their inability to understand so much of the country amazes me.
My current favorite podcast: The Glenn Loury Show https://bloggingheads.tv/programs/glenn-show

bbtds

Quote from: JBC1824 on July 13, 2021, 12:08:24 AMI'm having a hard time understanding some of your comment. And I don't believe you fully understood my previous comment.

Your story about the guy at the doctor's office seems unrelated.

You continue to tell me what you believe I understand, right?

I believe the guy in the doctor's office wants to put into action what he hears on conservative media which he may or may not truly understand. But when it comes to seeing a doctor he believes the doctor can help him but he doesn't believe in the experts (which is what the doctor truly is, an expert). The conservative media confuses this man in the doctor's office into spouting conservative BS while not truly understanding what not getting the vaccine is really about. He would say Fauci must be wrong because conservative media says what he is advocating is wrong.

JBC1824

Bbtds,

Honestly, I have absolutely no idea what you are talking about much of the time.

And it is very evident you have not fully understood posts addressing topics that you persist in bringing up.

On an ever-increasing amount of occasions, multiple posters, including myself, have taken the time to provide truly irrefutable explanations as to why various assertions of yours are incorrect. Yet you persist in making many of them.

Personally, I will no longer bother arguing with you.

bbtds

Quote from: JBC1824 on July 13, 2021, 06:41:13 PM
Bbtds,

Honestly, I have absolutely no idea what you are talking about much of the time.

And it is very evident you have not fully understood posts addressing topics that you persist in bringing up.

On an ever-increasing amount of occasions, multiple posters, including myself, have taken the time to provide truly irrefutable explanations as to why various assertions of yours are incorrect. Yet you persist in making them many of them.

Personally, I will no longer bother to argue with you.

Because you really don't have an argument for a person who doesn't have any complications not to get a vaccine and he doesn't think critically like you asked to be done and just follows Trump blindly and hates whoever Trump hates.

Just Sayin

Quote from: JBC1824 on July 13, 2021, 06:41:13 PM
Bbtds,

On an ever-increasing amount of occasions, multiple posters, including myself, have taken the time to provide truly irrefutable explanations as to why various assertions of yours are incorrect. Yet you persist in making many of them.

Personally, I will no longer bother arguing with you.

You once asked Bbtds how old he was. I get the impression from his posts that he is a freshman in high school.  He should read this High School Bioethics Project on ETHICS OF VACCINATIONS. Perhaps he will learn something.

https://med.nyu.edu/highschoolbioethics/sites/default/files/highschoolbioethics/EthicsofVaccinations_Module_0.pdf

JBC1824

Bbtds,

This topic will be the last thing I go back and forth with you about....

You began by complaining that mainstream conservative media is suggesting to its viewers that they should "be cautious" about getting the vaccine.

Your position quickly shifted into suggesting that mainstream conservative media is not only telling its viewers to exercise caution, but "advocating" for them not to get vaccinated.

Multiple times, I have asked you to clarify which of these two arguments you were willing to stand by. As far as I'm concerned, you have still failed to do so.

Now, however, you are making an unrelated argument: that I personally cannot justify why people without "complications (sic)" are not getting the vaccine.

For what I believe is the second or third time, you mean to say "contraindications," not "complications."

The sole argument I have made throughout this thread is that people should exercise caution when considering whether or not to get vaccinated by making this decision in consultation with their doctors. 

I have not said that people without contraindications are either justified or unjustified in ultimately deciding not to get the vaccine -- because it is none of my damn business one way or the other! We live in a free society. I do not have the right to decide for others what they should do when making medical decisions for themselves, and neither do you.

I have expressed skepticism about your claim that mainstream conservative media is more or less telling people not to get vaccinated. I have asked you to provide evidence that would address my skepticism, and you have failed to do so.

Bbtds, let's think good and hard about this one: Trump is very adamantly pro-vaccine....

So how can it be that conservatives "follow Trump blindly," as you suggest, but are also refusing to get vaccinated at an unacceptable rate, as you seem to suggest?

I'm not saying that conservatives do or do not "follow Trump blindly," only that these two ideas are not logically consistent with one another. Why bother arguing with someone who does not understand this?

Indeed, many of the arguments you have made on this thread and elsewhere are not logically consistent.

Thus, you frequently change your positions, attribute positions to others they have not actually taken, and lack logical consistency. In other threads, you have also repeatedly introduced already refuted criticisms.

You have proven to me you are incapable of serious argument.

bbtds

Quote from: JBC1824 on July 13, 2021, 10:27:43 PMBbtds, let's think good and hard about this one: Trump is very adamantly pro-vaccine....

So how can it be that conservatives "follow Trump blindly," as you suggest, but are also refusing to get vaccinated at an unacceptable rate, as you seem to suggest?

I'm not saying that conservatives do or do not "follow Trump blindly," only that these two ideas are not logically consistent with one another. Why bother arguing with someone who does not understand this?

You're assuming Trump has been logically consistent and that is in no way a given. Trump does only what is good for Trump! Why do you think Trump doesn't dispute his own supporters and say "you're wrong about the vaccine!!!" Because he really doesn't care about those people.

bbtds

This has just got to end!!!!

https://www.facebook.com/watch/?v=244915580776607&notif_id=1626063487353997&notif_t=watch_follower_video&ref=notif

If you truly believe that vaccines are good for those who have no reason to fear them then these statements must go!!!!

wh

More COVID-19 Vaccine Deaths Last Week in US than COVID-19 Deaths

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2021/07/shock-report-covid-19-vaccine-deaths-last-week-us-covid-19-deaths/

1505 COVID deaths
2043 COVID vaccine deaths

vu84v2

From the article you posted:

"The Vaccine Adverse Event Reporting System (VAERS) database contains information on unverified reports of adverse events (illnesses, health problems and/or symptoms) following immunization with US-licensed vaccines. Reports are accepted from anyone and can be submitted electronically at www.vaers.hhs.gov."

I agree with FWAlum's argument that these need to be examined, but your statement - which essentially argues that more people have died recently from being vaccinated than from COVID-19 - is not valid because it compares a highly verified figure with a highly unverified figure.

I also agree with several comments that if people have concerns about being vaccinated given their pre-existing conditions they should discuss it with their doctor...and recognize that their doctor is a trained medical expert, while others who offer their positions to them (neighbors, family members, those in internet chat rooms, pastors, etc., etc.) are not.