• Welcome to The Valparaiso Beacons Fan Zone Forum.

Get vaccinated!

Started by bbtds, July 08, 2021, 05:06:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bbtds

Quote from: wh on July 14, 2021, 06:23:14 AM
More COVID-19 Vaccine Deaths Last Week in US than COVID-19 Deaths

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2021/07/shock-report-covid-19-vaccine-deaths-last-week-us-covid-19-deaths/

1505 COVID deaths
2043 COVID vaccine deaths

Gateway Pundit says it all. A very poor organization that only has one agenda.

wh

Quote from: bbtds on July 14, 2021, 10:19:16 AM

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2021/07/shock-report-covid-19-vaccine-deaths-last-week-us-covid-19-deaths/

1505 COVID deaths

State run media (where 97% of employees vote Democrat) is in love with the CDC (another Democrat-controlled institution). Everything is filtered to insure that the Democrat Party is always shown in a positive light. If it's bad news that can't be refuted or masssaged or they can't assainnate the source's character, they simply don't report it. If it appears in social media, they cancel it. They never feed the sheep anything eye-opening. They'follow the Communist Communist Party model to a tee. 

vu72

So a very good friend of mine, also very conservative and unvaccinated, got Covid, went in the hospital yesterday, and just now was moved to the ICU.  We are praying.  He was a healthy 50 year old. God willing he will revert to a healthy state.
Season Results: CBI/CIT: 2008, 2011, 2014  NIT: 2003,2012, 2016(Championship Game) 2017   NCAA: 1962,1966,1967,1969,1973,1996,1997,1998 (Sweet Sixteen),1999, 2000, 2002, 2004, 2013 and 2015

bbtds

Quote from: wh on July 14, 2021, 12:02:48 PM

1505 COVID deaths

State run media (where 97% of employees vote Democrat) is in love with the CDC (another Democrat-controlled institution). Everything is filtered to insure that the Democrat Party is always shown in a positive light. If it's bad news that can't be refuted or masssaged or they can't assainnate the source's character, they simply don't report it. If it appears in social media, they cancel it. They never feed the sheep anything eye-opening. They'follow the Communist Communist Party model to a tee.

How do you believe this crap?

vu84v2

1505 COVID deaths

it took me 30 seconds of web searching to come up with the following (this comes from Nebraska Medicine).

Reporting even unrelated deaths
The Food and Drug Administration (FDA) requires health care providers to report any serious adverse event (including death) that happens after a COVID-19 vaccination – whether or not the provider thinks there is any link. The CDC says, "Health care providers are required to report to VAERS the following adverse events after COVID-19 vaccination...regardless if the reporter thinks the vaccine caused the AE." AE stands for adverse event and includes death.

That means that if a vaccinated person drowns, gets in a car crash or is struck by lightning, their death must be reported to VAERS as an adverse event. Since we've vaccinated over 140 million people in the United States, many deaths will occur coincidentally after vaccination.

As of May 10, there have been 4,434 reports of death following a COVID-19 vaccination to VAERS. Doctors at the CDC review each reported death, looking at death certificates, autopsy and medical records. They have no reason to believe that COVID-19 vaccines cause death.

Reuters reported the same thing: https://www.reuters.com/article/factcheck-vaers-deaths/fact-check-vaers-reported-vaccine-deaths-have-not-been-confirmed-or-deemed-causal-by-cdc-idUSL1N2MZ2H8

----------------------------------------------

I am all for investigating causes of death that may be related to the vaccine. But the report by gatewaypundit is totally misleading and completely irresponsible. It shows what a grossly biased organization this company is, with virtually no journalistic integrity. wh - are you going to dare say that you were wrong to post this - because posting this perpetuates grossly inaccurate information?

wh

Quote from: bbtds on July 14, 2021, 02:34:39 PM

1505 COVID deaths

How do you believe this crap?

Why do think the claims you make on every controversial topic are constantly proven wrong by valpopal, JBC1824, and others?  You're regurgitating crap that Rachel Maddow and CNN or some other radical source told you. Think about it...

wh

Quote from: vu84v2 on July 14, 2021, 04:27:55 PM

1505 COVID deaths

it took me 30 seconds of web searching to come up with the following (this comes from Nebraska Medicine).

The Food and Drug Administration (FDA) requires health care providers to report any serious adverse event (including death) that happens after a COVID-19 vaccination – whether or not the provider thinks there is any link. The CDC says, "Health care providers are required to report to VAERS the following adverse events after COVID-19 vaccination...regardless if the reporter thinks the vaccine caused the AE." AE stands for adverse event and includes death.

That means that if a vaccinated person drowns, gets in a car crash or is struck by lightning, their death must be reported to VAERS as an adverse event. Since we've vaccinated over 140 million people in the United States, many deaths will occur coincidentally after vaccination.

As of May 10, there have been 4,434 reports of death following a COVID-19 vaccination to VAERS. Doctors at the CDC review each reported death, looking at death certificates, autopsy and medical records. They have no reason to believe that COVID-19 vaccines cause death.

Reuters reported the same thing: https://www.reuters.com/article/factcheck-vaers-deaths/fact-check-vaers-reported-vaccine-deaths-have-not-been-confirmed-or-deemed-causal-by-cdc-idUSL1N2MZ2H8

I am all for investigating causes of death that may be related to the vaccine. But the report by gatewaypundit is totally misleading and completely irresponsible. It shows what a grossly biased organization this company is, with virtually no journalistic integrity. wh - are you going to dare say that you were wrong to post this - because posting this perpetuates grossly inaccurate information?

You had me interested until I got to the bold print, and then your point lost all credibility. Thanks for playing.

FWalum

Quote from: bbtds on July 14, 2021, 04:48:13 AM
This has just got to end!!!!

https://www.facebook.com/watch/?v=244915580776607&notif_id=1626063487353997&notif_t=watch_follower_video&ref=notif

If you truly believe that vaccines are good for those who have no reason to fear them then these statements must go!!!!
At first glance I found this video to be very very troubling. I am not a Lauren Boebert fan, I find her political methods to be very divisive. I am certainly right of center and have a conceal carry permit, but I don't find her aggressive politics palatable. However, that Facebook video is just garbage. Did you actually watch her full speech at CPAC? It had nothing to do with vaccinations or COVID in general. She was railing about the stimulus checks and the extra unemployment money. I hate it when either party uses click bait like that to get a reaction from their base which is exactly what they did to you bbtds.

I generally try to do some research on both sides or hypotheses before I come to a conclusion, but it seems that you haven't really critically read my posts or looked at any of the embedded links. I'll give you another chance. Here is a link to a discussion about the Indian Bar Association suing the WHO alleging that the WHO actively engaged in disinformation and censorship on the use of Ivermectin to treat SARS-CoV-2. They allege that this resulted in many deaths. I bet you haven't heard about that one in the MSM.

My current favorite podcast: The Glenn Loury Show https://bloggingheads.tv/programs/glenn-show

vu84v2

Quote from: wh on July 14, 2021, 04:59:25 PM

1505 COVID deaths

You had me interested until I got to the bold print, and then your point lost all credibility. Thanks for playing.

Once again, wh, you have trouble dealing with actual facts and detail that disagree with the narrative that you desire (much like Trump). What in the bold print do you find not credible?

bbtds

Quote from: FWalum on July 14, 2021, 05:38:01 PM

https://www.facebook.com/watch/?v=244915580776607&notif_id=1626063487353997&notif_t=watch_follower_video&ref=notif

If you truly believe that vaccines are good for those who have no reason to fear them then these statements must go!!!!
At first glance I found this video to be very very troubling. I am not a Lauren Boebert fan, I find her political methods to be very divisive. I am certainly right of center and have a conceal carry permit, but I don't find her aggressive politics palatable. However, that Facebook video is just garbage. Did you actually watch her full speech at CPAC? It had nothing to do with vaccinations or COVID in general. She was railing about the stimulus checks and the extra unemployment money. I hate it when either party uses click bait like that to get a reaction from their base which is exactly what they did to you bbtds.

I generally try to do some research on both sides or hypotheses before I come to a conclusion, but it seems that you haven't really critically read my posts or looked at any of the embedded links. I'll give you another chance. Here is a link to a discussion about the Indian Bar Association suing the WHO alleging that the WHO actively engaged in disinformation and censorship on the use of Ivermectin to treat SARS-CoV-2. They allege that this resulted in many deaths. I bet you haven't heard about that one in the MSM.

So you believe the premise that turning off CNN and voting Republican will eliminate the Delta variant. Tell me how that happens.

JBC1824

1505 COVID deaths

Vu84v2 is at least partially correct on this one, wh.

He is right to point out that many deaths have occurred after vaccination as a matter of coincidence and not necessarily causality. The Gateway Pundit's failure to highlight this fact and making the statement that "there were more Covid vaccine deaths in the United States last week than Covid deaths in the United States last week," are very egregious errors.

And these errors truly do have the potential to cause harm to the Gateway Pundit's readers.

I'm reluctant to believe healthcare providers or any person would make a report to VAERS in the case that someone died from a lighting strike after being vaccinated, but the standard for reporting explicitly states that providers are "required to report" into the VAERS system "adverse events regardless of causality."

https://vaers.hhs.gov/faq.html

Not an expert on this issue, but it seems to me this would include drownings and car accident related deaths.

Would be happy to be proven incorrect in my suspicions and ultimately become better informed. An interesting matter of detail.
Lazing around in the shadow of bombs

JBC1824

FWalum,

The whole issue surrounding Ivermectin is something everyone should check out.

And the DarkHorse Podcast is amazing! If you haven't already, please do yourself a favor and listen.
Lazing around in the shadow of bombs

wh

Quote from: vu84v2 on July 14, 2021, 06:02:19 PM

1505 COVID deaths

Once again, wh, you have trouble dealing with actual facts and detail that disagree with the narrative that you desire (much like Trump). What in the bold print do you find not credible?

"That means that if a vaccinated person drowns, gets in a car crash or is struck by lightning, their death must be reported to VAERS as an adverse event."

Find out how many of the reported 4000+ COVID vaccine deaths did the reports tie to lightening strikes, drownings, and car crashes, and get back with me. After you learn there are none, I'll be happy to accept any similarly ridiculous claim you can verify. Who knows, maybe someone reported that Uncle Charlie getting robbed and murdered in the clinic parking lot after getting vaccinated was a COVID vaccine death because he never would have been there if not for getting vaccinated.

It shouldn't be this hard to have a serious conversation.

vu84v2

You are missing most of the point. People who were vaccinated, but died due to any other medical cause (including cancer, alzheimers, etc.), would also be counted - but should not be considered as deaths that were due to COVID. I think that if you look at the expected number of deaths versus the number of people vaccinated, controlling for age, you will find no effect from the vaccine itself. Of course, I imagine that if I were to do that and show those results you would still deny it.

FWalum

Quote from: vu84v2 on July 14, 2021, 04:27:55 PMit took me 30 seconds of web searching to come up with the following (this comes from Nebraska Medicine).

I am going to call bulls#@% on both sides of this one. You are both misrepresenting how VAERS works and what is reported. As I said in my previous post:
QuoteThey need to be more transparent and explain why VAERS is reporting that 9,049 deaths might have some link to the vaccines. They should explain that this is the first vaccine literally targeted at an older more susceptible population capable and more willing to report adverse reactions. They should explain that when you give a vaccine to a person in their mid 90's there is a relatively high probability that they might die of natural causes in the next couple of weeks.
In the database I downloaded from mid June, no one is dying of lightning strikes and no one would report such a thing unless there was some adverse reaction that might have contributed. I found two drownings where it was reported that the person had recently gotten the vaccine and reported not feeling well before going surfing and the other was swimming in a pool the day after getting the vaccine. There are 2 reports of people being involved in car accidents that may have caused their death, both had recently gotten the vaccine and reported confusion or dizziness after the vaccine. You stated that the CDC reviews each death, that is true, but they are currently months if not years behind in investigating. 203 deaths in a year was the previous high. This year, if current trends hold, they will be looking at somewhere in the neighborhood of 17,000 deaths to investigate. Speculating about the true number of related deaths is just that, speculation.

Here are the actual requirements for reporting Adverse Reactions from the HHS website:
QuoteVAERS is a passive reporting system, meaning it relies on individuals to send in reports of their experiences. Anyone can submit a report to VAERS, including parents and patients.

Healthcare providers are required by law to report to VAERS:

Any adverse event listed in the VAERS Table of Reportable Events Following Vaccination that occurs within the specified time period after vaccinations
An adverse event listed by the vaccine manufacturer as a contraindication to further doses of the vaccine

Healthcare providers are strongly encouraged to report to VAERS:

Any adverse event that occurs after the administration of a vaccine licensed in the United States, whether it is or is not clear that a vaccine caused the adverse event
Vaccine administration errors

Vaccine manufacturers are required to report to VAERS all adverse events that come to their attention.

Note that Healthcare Providers are only required to report the reactions that are in the VAERS Table of Reportable Events Following Vaccination.

vu84v2 you seem to think that many more events are reported than should be reported. Actually some statisticians including HHS believe that VAERS is underreported. Here is what the HHS says on their website:
QuoteWhen reviewing data from VAERS, please keep in mind the following limitations:
VAERS is a passive reporting system, meaning that reports about adverse events are not automatically collected, but require a report to be filed to VAERS. VAERS reports can be submitted voluntarily by anyone, including healthcare providers, patients, or family members. Reports vary in quality and completeness. They often lack details and sometimes can have information that contains errors.

"Underreporting" is one of the main limitations of passive surveillance systems, including VAERS. The term, underreporting refers to the fact that VAERS receives reports for only a small fraction of actual adverse events. The degree of underreporting varies widely. As an example, a great many of the millions of vaccinations administered each year by injection cause soreness, but relatively few of these episodes lead to a VAERS report. Physicians and patients understand that minor side effects of vaccinations often include this kind of discomfort, as well as low fevers. On the other hand, more serious and unexpected medical events are probably more likely to be reported than minor ones, especially when they occur soon after vaccination, even if they may be coincidental and related to other causes.

A report to VAERS generally does not prove that the identified vaccine(s) caused the adverse event described. It only confirms that the reported event occurred sometime after vaccine was given. No proof that the event was caused by the vaccine is required in order for VAERS to accept the report. VAERS accepts all reports without judging whether the event was caused by the vaccine.

wh, many of the reported deaths are coincidental so the Gateway Pundit article is just sensationalism. Reading the reports they sound something like this: Patient expired 3 days after first vaccination.  Did not present to our facility for care after vaccination; did not have any adverse reactions during vaccination waiting period.  Per the Medical examiner, patient passed away at his residence, and his death was not related to the COVID vaccine.
My current favorite podcast: The Glenn Loury Show https://bloggingheads.tv/programs/glenn-show

FWalum

Quote from: bbtds on July 14, 2021, 06:15:36 PM

So you believe the premise that turning off CNN and voting Republican will eliminate the Delta variant. Tell me how that happens.

What??? How did you come up with that from anything I have said in this thread. If you were trying to be funny I have to tell you that I did chuckle a bit.

bbtds

Quote from: FWalum on July 14, 2021, 11:53:05 PM
Quote from: bbtds on July 14, 2021, 06:15:36 PM

What??? How did you come up with that from anything I have said in this thread. If you were trying to be funny I have to tell you that I did chuckle a bit.

You certainly aren't as easy to fluster and anger as the others. Bravo!

Although she did use the words and that must end!

bbtds

Quote from: JBC1824 on July 14, 2021, 07:39:25 PM
FWalum,

And the DarkHorse Podcast is amazing! If you haven't already, please do yourself a favor and listen.

You really are falling into a deep dark hole that the conservative media has set up for the Trumpists.

bbtds

Quote from: vu84v2 on July 14, 2021, 11:31:37 PMOf course, I imagine that if I were to do that and show those results you would still deny it.

Of course! It would be a very Trump like move.

vu84v2

FWAlum - Thank you for your posting above. I have a great deal of respect for those that dig into the detail and I see your points regarding the inability to draw conclusions one way or another from a passive reporting system. I generally stated that the data supports that there are no greater occurrences of death due to the COVID-19 vaccines and it seems that the more accurate statement is that the data cannot reliably show whether there are any relationships between COVID-19 vaccines and deaths. Nonetheless, I stand by my prior statements that the report from gatewaypundit is incredibly misleading and thus grossly irresponsible.

FWalum

Quote from: vu84v2 on July 15, 2021, 08:58:52 AM
FWAlum - Thank you for your posting above. I have a great deal of respect for those that dig into the detail and I see your points regarding the inability to draw conclusions one way or another from a passive reporting system. I generally stated that the data supports that there are no greater occurrences of death due to the COVID-19 vaccines and it seems that the more accurate statement is that the data cannot reliably show whether there are any relationships between COVID-19 vaccines and deaths. Nonetheless, I stand by my prior statements that the report from gatewaypundit is incredibly misleading and thus grossly irresponsible.
I agree with you. My concern is that we loose sight of the significant data when we don't look at things rationally and with objectivity. Even if 10-20% of these adverse reactions are truly caused by these novel vaccines it still is a significant number and should be rigorously debated in the scientific community.

FWalum

Quote from: bbtds on July 15, 2021, 04:59:28 AM
Quote from: JBC1824 on July 14, 2021, 07:39:25 PM
FWalum,

You really are falling into a deep dark hole that the conservative media has set up for the Trumpists.
Really bbtds??? You turn everything into a politically charged repartee. Am I suppose to have some witty retort? Well here it is from the July/August 2021 Edition of American Journal of Therapeutics (obviously a
very Trumpist peer reviewed journal) Ivermectin for Prevention and Treatment of COVID-19 Infection: A Systematic Review, Meta-analysis, and Trial Sequential Analysis to Inform Clinical Guidelines
Since I doubt you will read it, let me put their conclusions here:
QuoteConclusions:
Moderate-certainty evidence finds that large reductions in COVID-19 deaths are possible using ivermectin. Using ivermectin early in the clinical course may reduce numbers progressing to severe disease. The apparent safety and low cost suggest that ivermectin is likely to have a significant impact on the SARS-CoV-2 pandemic globally.

78crusader

New COVID hospitalizations in the UK, where 53% are completely vaxxed:

July 16, 2021 717
July 16, 2020 166

Paul

vu84v2

Quote from: 78crusader on July 16, 2021, 03:22:37 PM
New COVID hospitalizations in the UK, where 53% are completely vaxxed:

July 16, 2021 717
July 16, 2020 166

Paul

I have no idea regarding the intent of this post. There are many factors (examples: virus mutation, precautions mandated, precautions followed, travel) that make looking at numbers like this in isolation extremely dangerous.

78crusader

My point was -

Vaccines may well have long term efficacy. But numbers like this do not help to make that case.

Paul